[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft loves linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: giphy.webm (513 KB, 260x312) Image search: [Google]
giphy.webm
513 KB, 260x312
https://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-set-announce-bash-linux-running-windows-10-according-reports

What the hell is going to happen in this year's //Build/ Microsoft conference?
Will we see something spectacular or will Microsoft fail its customers again?
Pic may/not be related
>>
Last I checked bash was under the GPL.

How is Microsoft allowed to get it running an proprietary Windows?

And at least try to find a relevant image with the OP.
>>
>>53752815
This is a worksafe board.
>>
>>53753680
they paid stallman
>>
>>53753680
Not OP, but Apple bundles an old version of Bash with OS X, which at least makes it comprehensible when a user goes and installs Bash or other shells and uses them instead.

Right now Bash in Windows would be a mess. If they just made it work for an old version of Bash that uses a permissive open license like MIT or Apache, then users could do their own upgrades.
>>
who is she?
>>
>>53753714
That image is worksafe. The floppy dick is covered by cloth.
>>
File: insert.jpg (80 KB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
insert.jpg
80 KB, 856x482
>>53754332
> the floppy dick
> the floppy disk
> insert disk
>>
>>53752815
That dude almost makes me gay.
>>
>>53754046
>she
la meow
>>
>>53754046
hahahahahahahahahahaha

she
>>
How many times do I have to drill it into you faggots' skulls:

>embrace, extend and extinguish

Same old dirty tricks from Microshit. They want to lock you into their proprietary versions of Linux. I seriously hope none of you faggots are dumb enough to fall for this. Microsoft is no friend to open source and never will be.
>>
>>53752815
>>53753714
>>53754046
>>53754540
>>53754545
>SHE
>>
At first I took it to mean they're retiring the godawful Powershell and switching to Bash like the rest of the world. But they're running it through Ubuntu somehow? Virtual machines are nothing new. Are they somehow more integrated with Windows now?

I would be impressed if MS ditched the mess called the NT kernel for a UNIX-like, but it's probably impossible by this point.
>>
[embrace extend extinguish intensifies]
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.