[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AMD SUCKS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Why is it that hwinfo says I'm running 90 degrees when AMD Overdrive says I have 30 degrees to "spare"? This is BULLSHIT

Who do I trust now? Why is it so god damn complicated to check the god damn temperature of your god damn CPU? I NEVER had these problems with Intel
>>
AMD overdrive, its the most accurate program for reading AMD CPU temps.
If my temp in overdrive goes below ~25, I stop doing shit, but that's only happened on my unstable OC. But you can go all the way to 0° from thermal margin or something and your CPU should work fine from what I've been told.
>>
>>53752748
Your and idiot kill you'reself
>>
>>53753112
W-what? Why? Am I an idiot for using amd? Yes, I know.
>>
The only temperature monitoring programs you should be using are Open Source Hardware Monitor and AMD Overdrive.

I've seen hwmonitor give incorrect readings on intel CPUs as well so I think you should avoid it at all costs just like speccy.
>>
>>53753146
There's nothing wrong with AMD. Their APUs btfo inteo counterparts in iGPU and multi-core CPU performance for a lower price.
>>
>>53753232
*hwinfo
my mistake
>>
>>53753250
>tfw bought a A8-7650K for madVR HTPC/NAS
I couldn't get a comparable GPU+IntelCPU at the same price, best of it I can get the APU to 4 Ghz and the iGPU to 1020 Mhz by just moving a few sliders in AMD Overdrive
>>
>>53752748
AMD is goat, anyway anything other official amd software can't read AMD temps correctly
>>
>>53753308
>and the iGPU to 1020 Mhz by just moving a few sliders in AMD Overdrive
Noice. What cooler are you using? I'm planning to build an APU build soon, that A8 seems like the best bang for the buck APU.
>>
>using wangblows
>giving a fuck about temps
>>
>>53753448
The stock one, it does heat up quite a bit under full load
>>
>>53753470
>using lincuck
>giving a fuck about x86
>>
>>53753232
What about speccy and speed fan?
>>
>>53753691
Who uses x86 any more, it's all amd64 or x86_64
>>
>>53753749
Neither read AMD temperature sensors properly. They have their own way of working, which is fully documented incidentally, yet few programmers seem to actually bother implementing them properly. Hence you have programs like Speccy showing ridiculously low temperatures for FX chips and ridiculously high ones for APUs.
>>
>>53752748
How the fuck could you even reach 90C? My 6300 at 5.0GHz with a H60 cooler never goes over 68C at a stress test, even then I don't run the fans at full speed.
>>
What's the best AMD CPU for emulating? Was kind of thinking getting the 880k or the 7890k for my next build.
>>
>>53758586
880K, but you should just wait for Zen
>>
>>53758646
If I knew exactly when Zen was coming out,I would but I've been hearing "Wait for Zen" for the past year now. I'm not sure how long I'll have access to disposable income to rebuild my PC.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.