[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bios
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1457555063880.png (13 KB, 251x404) Image search: [Google]
1457555063880.png
13 KB, 251x404
Okay /g/ i need to get into my laptop BIOS settings. I've forgotten my damn password and i am not sure how to get back in. I'd rather not fomat my computer. Is there another way to get in? I'm running win8 and i have access to the actual computer. I just need to get into the BIOS settings.
>>
usually you can remove the cmos battery and reset your bios, but i dont know if you can do this on your laptop. otherwise you have to solder a new bios chip on it, i guess.
>>
>>53751274
Turn off the power.
Open the laptop up.
Find and remove the cmos battery or find the BIOS reset jumper. (look in your laptop instructions.

If that fails you can always try backdoor bios passwords but that's not really the best way to go about it.
>>
>>53751324
I cannot do this on my laptop. Do you know anyway backdoor ways/software. Why isnt it the best way?
>>
i think he means his windows password
>>
>>53751274
>>53751324

To generate a master bios password.

Guess your bios password.
Keep guessing.
Eventually a box will appear saying something along the lines of "stop guessing you moron I'm disabling the system"

The system won't actually be harmed you just need to turn it off and on again.

That box will also give a code. Copy that code onto some paper.

Then go to https://bios-pw.org/

Enter the code there and it will give you a master bios password reset code.

Reboot the system, go to bios, enter that master code and reset your password.
>>
>>53751364
Nope, my BIOS
>>
>>53751274
Go and ask the helpdesk guys at school. If it's something you'e permitted to do, I'm sure they'll punch in the password for you..
>>
>>53751369
Okay, when i lock myself out all it says is "invalid password" no code. When i reset it, there is also no code.
>>
>>53751392
Removing the cmos battery is probably your best bet.
>>
I dont go to school anymore.
>>
If it is a new laptop, forget about removing the cmos battery it won't do shit
>>
>>53751781
Removing the cmos would reset it to default or off.

Why do you think it won't work?
>>
give it back, jamal
>>
>>53751374
Lol you're an idiot reset the bios then
>>
Download hirens bootcd it has some tools to remove the bios password
>>
>>53751274
Formatting your computer is probably the best way to reset your BIOS password. I'd do that.
If for some reason, that doesn't work (it will), make sure your first RAM slot isn't populated and format it again. If there's one thing I know, formatting your HDD will reset your BIOS password, because, you know, logic.
>>
>>53751274
If its the password is stored in the CMOS then you can remove the CMOS battery. Alternatively you can use the Hirens Boot CD to reset it.

But if its a EEPROM stored password you can only change it by installing a fresh chip.

I think you need to take this to a shop though, if you cant remove a CMOS battery you shouldnt be fucking with the software methods they're dangerous.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.