[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I installed Tinder because I was curious (and due to my lack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
I installed Tinder because I was curious (and due to my lack on social skills). I must agree terms that scared me, they can do whatever they want with your data, worlwide, forever.
I know. Whatsapp does the same, Google indexes the info you put on it an you must have an account on google if you want to install apps on Android... but it doen't make it better.
this made me think about security. I have nothing to hide but I don't fail to that "if you're not a pedo there is no reason to not give your info" argument. I want to learn more about this but I don't know where to start.
I'm not trying to become a hacker overnight, I understand this is a difficult matter and I'll have to learn some things (I'm using linux but I don't know how to use terminal). I accept I have a lot to learn. but I don't know how, or where to start.

TL;DR: how to learn about security
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 466x700
>Do whatever they want with your data?

Do you really think they care about your fedora-wearing profile picture and "I like trannies, Linux, and anime. Hit me up for a good time" description?
>>
>>53750337
you are using the same argument as above. I'm not proposing my shit to be relevant to anyone, but I don't want it to be stored by some company. I don't see it hard to understand.
>>
>>53751267
How do you propose a dating app is supposed to work if you don't give any data?

You sound like you're eighteen.
>>
>>53751267
if you don't want a server to store your dick size somewhere, don't put it on the internet.
>>
>>53751291
why does the company stores your data and you must accept they can do whatever they want?

>>53751302
obvious.

I think this would be a matter for the people of this board, but this looks like /b/. maybe you prefer to discuss about your loli wallpapers or something and let this go 404
>>
>>53751348
Because they know people care about getting laid more than their human rights
>>
>>53751386

is worser than that. it seems there are two options to remain anonymous. one is knowing enough about computers and security to know how not to leave a trace (few people here) and the other one would be being out of todays society. it's not only tinder, you would have to skip Google, Hotmail, Facebook, Linkedin...
>>
>>53750297
Create a fake profile for Tinder/fetlife. Enjoy.
Fair warning, most of chicks there are bipolar or somewhat crazy but maybe I'm just a magnet for crazy.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.