[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure if this is /g/ or /mu/ but lets have an electric instrument
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
Not sure if this is /g/ or /mu/ but lets have an electric instrument thread, what is a decent electric piano?
>>
I want a eletrical drum, too poor to afford one
>>
File: OB-6-Top.jpg (3 MB, 5214x2234) Image search: [Google]
OB-6-Top.jpg
3 MB, 5214x2234
Fuck an e-piano, I want this instead.
>>
>>53746579
use rockband drums via usb for less than $30

>>53746513
use a midi controller 88 keys or no deal
>>
>>53746513
What's your budget?
>>
File: clavia_nordrack2.jpg (49 KB, 600x215) Image search: [Google]
clavia_nordrack2.jpg
49 KB, 600x215
>>53747294
The lines look ugly and the keyboard is too small, but otherwise it looks nice. How much is it?

I just got my hands on pic related, loving it so far.
>>
>>53746579
i got the roland tdk-6 when it first came out for a few grand

after a while the sensors become shitty and randomly trigger on residual vibrations or don't even register strikes from sticks anymore

i can imagine the sensors are better like 7-8 years after i got the kit
>>
88 keys, fully weighted with midi controller so you can hook it up to a decent VST like Galaxy Vintage D
>>
File: Kawai_VPC1_web[1].jpg (75 KB, 1024x426) Image search: [Google]
Kawai_VPC1_web[1].jpg
75 KB, 1024x426
>>53746513
Kawai VPC1 + Synthogy piano emulation software (various piano's). The most realistic piano feel and sound combo you can get for less than $2000 bucks.
>>
Virtual piano's compared (shows prices as you listen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoknFqOdYos
>>
>>53748669
Synthbending /diy/nosaur here, I have some older M series kawai's that I have refrained from bending because they actually sound really damn good. Do Kawai have good rep for e-pianos generally? They alwasys truck me as the Kia of keyboards but I may be wrong.
>>
>>53748695
I forgot part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rta1kxD0Pzg
>>
>>53748698
The VPC1 is a midi controller only. It has no internal sounds. It's rated *THE MOST REALISTIC* piano 'feel' because it uses real piano hammer controllers etc.

Synthogy is one of the most established and trusted virtual piano developers. You have to buy the dongle though seperately which is a pain.
>>
>>53748698
>>53748706
Also note Synthogy Ivory II is missing from those videos. But try to listen to it on other videos if you can. Pricey but hard to beat.

BTW I don't have any keyboard of any sort. I just did a lot of research when I was thinking about taking lessons. I am still pondering whether to go the cheap route for a bit of fun or investing in the full monty. I used to play synths but got bored of not being able to actually play full blown tracks and the soft keys always felt shit.
>>
I just noticed Casio make a good piano action keyboard now (Two actually). The GP300 and GP500.
>>
>>53747793
>How much is it?

Not enough. You can't put a price on sound like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdnh0C3UpRQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_mlwh4OtKU
>>
>>53747778
I'd be willing to spend up to 300 euro if it is really worth it.
>>
Zarenbourg
>>
File: IMG20160330013418.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG20160330013418.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
This one is the keyboard I keep in my bedroom, my other one is a clavinova. The clavinova is my favourite because I can change the weight of its keys with the touch of a button!
>>
>>53751642
Do you live in prison?
>>
>>53751669
Nonsense. That's obviously a police station custody cell
>>
>>53751669
Lol no, I just decided to use my garage as a bedroom because it's comfier and I like having lots of space.
>>
>>53746513
How much does this one cost? I'm really interested in one with all 3 pedals so that I can emulate playing a real piano. I've played for a while now, but whenever I try playing on a real piano I and the sound sucks
>>
Are vsti fair game in the thread? I've avoided anything that is not free for years but those start to really lose their charm lately. Where can one find magnets of decent voice, strings and brass vsti?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.