[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm out of a job ( Took poly sci and got Into a think tank
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: pf9Yt.jpg (38 KB, 396x500) Image search: [Google]
pf9Yt.jpg
38 KB, 396x500
I'm out of a job ( Took poly sci and got Into a think tank ) have a bit of a nest egg and want to learn a programming language with intent to make money. My math Is a bit off but my logic Is superior. What language should I learn? I've put about two days Into C++ and It seems like that's more for the aspiring computer scientist, I'm looking to make passive income within six months so I assume app development would be the direction for me to head? I understand that requires Java, are there ways to use a framework to port other languages over? If by chance any of you want geopolitical knowledge I'll drop some in exchange for answers.
>>
how do I get a job at a think tank?

look into Python.. lots of people script shit using it for income
>>
>>53746200
Connections and a political science degree. I was lucky and my professor took a liking to my essays. He had a friend out of state that had pull at said think tank. I applied to five or six before getting that blessing but was never called back for an interview. Their usually very secretive, rightly so but at an absurd level. So college or other intelligentsia outlets.
>>
>>53746200
What do they script? Just simple automation? Not my thing really, Is Java a decent path for income? I don't really care about having to make flashgames/apps. Gotta make that skrilla.
>>
>>53746375
Nope give up, this isn't for you. Easier ways to make money.
>>
>>53746499
Connects hate me. They didn't expect a different perspective. They hive mind hard, was there for four years got six figures and now I have the time to learn to program ( something Ive always wanted to do ) but I also want that language to be able to generate income In creative ways ( app games, back end shit out of my comprehension right now, css/html/php ect ). I surely hope programming Isn't only for communist mathematicians.
>>
>>53746575
haha, well have fun then
>>
File: Web_Development.png (363 KB, 3570x1468) Image search: [Google]
Web_Development.png
363 KB, 3570x1468
>>53745322

Web developent is a good way to make money, since there's a lot of people who need websites (or their websites fixed/changed).

Basic knowledge here is HTML, CSS and JavaScript (even better to use JQuery). It' enough for very simple websites.
But there's a lot more to know, eventually you should learn a web framework, either Laravel (based on PHP) or Ruby on Rails (based on Ruby) or if you like JavaScript a lot (and wanna be a piece of hipster shit) learn Node.JS.

Eventually you need to know some basics protocoll stuff or like how to set up a server, but don't bother about that at the beginnig.
>>
>>53745322
>My math Is a bit off but my logic Is superior.
Go into web design. Lower-level languages require heavy math.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.