[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MacBooks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: 4L_SPRMEyqw.jpg (35 KB, 830x962) Image search: [Google]
4L_SPRMEyqw.jpg
35 KB, 830x962
Hey /g/ let's talk about MacBook Pros. While the general consensus is that they're overpriced, I've been unable to find something that is equal in quality or better. Am I retarded (if so it would be cool if you could say what laptop is better) or is this legit?
>>
>Am I retarded
the answer is in the question
>>
File: 1364963269455.jpg (9 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
1364963269455.jpg
9 KB, 252x244
>Am I retarded

Yes

but don't let that you get down, anon

retarded people have accomplished all sorts of great things.
>>
T460p is the ultimate machine now
>>
>>53743692
>general consensus is that they're overpriced
That's bullsit.

You can find laptops with sharper screen, faster CPU, longer battery life, lighter, more affordable and all that, but there is really nothing that combines everything as well, no matter how much more you spend.

Besides, given the trackpads, buying any other laptop sans cheapass Chromebooks is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>53743809
>ut there is really nothing that combines everything as well, no matter how much more you spend.
Yes there is, it's called t460p
>>
>>53743795
>T460p
>1920x1080
>4.0GB
>500GB 7200 rpm
>1,8 kg
>1.428,00 €
>>
>>53743834
I just bought one for 1380€
WQHD
8GB RAM
256GB M2 SSD
Quad Core

Fucking cock sucking Mac faggots.. instead of killing jews, Hitler should have killed all those faggots who are predispositioned to being macfaggots. How can a male person run around with those shiny little white shit books without feeling like a guy retard that dreams of getting buttraped without vasline by a big black nigger?
>>
File: Dedbutcool.jpg (65 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
Dedbutcool.jpg
65 KB, 403x403
>>53743891

Wow you sure sound mad
>>
File: 1450681295906.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
1450681295906.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>53743891

anon calm down
>>
>>53743948
Of course I do.. this planet would be paradise without fucking apple faggots.
>>
>>53743891
Well, link to it. I checked the price at Lenovo store.

Also what exactly do you need a 35W quad core for that would be so much worse on 25W dual core with HT? It doesn't even last 5h with 6 cell battery either.
>>
>>53743948
Fuck off honkers
>>
File: powerbook12top09162003.jpg (127 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
powerbook12top09162003.jpg
127 KB, 1440x900
>>53743809
It's bizarre, it's like generic PC laptop vendors have a suckage quota that each model of laptop must meet. Every damned one has some kind of weird drawback.

>>53743834
>spinning rust in a laptop that's not $400 wallyworld shit
Are you trying to be funny?
>>
>>53744014
M-maybe Apple is paying them off? I get that the 400-600 shit sucks but the fact that not a single manufacturer can make a laptop that matches Macbooks is really bizarre.

Surfacebook came probably the closest and Microsoft isn't even a fucking hardware company and did it on their first try.
>>
Any XPS:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016FKG020

Better everything, half the price.

Mac weighs more, ugly bezel, and has a fucking shitty OLD cpu.
>>
>>53744074
>>Surfacebook came probably the closest and Microsoft isn't even a fucking hardware company and did it on their first try.
Google Pixel would be a respectable laptop too, given a decent amount of storage and a real OS. They're also a software company. Weird.
>>
>>53744115
XPS is one of the nicer options but that fingerprint magnet soft touch material is a real problem. It still uses the dumb barrel-style power adapter too.
>>
>>53743948
>macfag gets utterly wrecked
>only retort is "lol y u mad tho"
Get a real argument.
>>
>>53744248
get a life lol
>>
>>53744115
I'd say the rating speaks for itself but there is also:

>1920x1080 pixels
>slower CPU (it's fucking slower than Surface 4, not even close to rMBP)
>SATA SSD in cheap configuration

It's alright for the price but not really competing with rMBP. The weight and bezels and battery life are pretty good though. (Although the huge lower bezels ruins the design)

>>53744118
Yeah, Pixel was pretty nice too and Google also got the trackpad right. Maybe it will get there with the next refresh.

Why couldn't MS just make the Surfacebook a fucking laptop, without the tablet gimmick it'd be more affordable, have no ugly hinge and generally be a nice alternative with better battery life but worse trackpad.
>>
>>53744118
>a real os

nigga it's linux-based, just install gentoo
>>
>>53743692
Don't look at the consumer garbage. Look at the Thinkpads, Precisions, and Elitebooks. They destroy anything out there in terms of quality. They come with 3 year standard warranties, are easy and quick to repair and upgrade, and they're sturdy as fuck.

I've got a Dell Precision and I could stand on it without it flexing. Did I mention it's from 2008 and still gets full support from M$ and has a full HD IPS display? Apple's shitbooks? Not a chance.
>>
>>53744363
That would leave out tons of professional software, and obviously waste extra time setting it up and dealing with workarounds. Oh and the storage.

Also I wonder, how much would it rape the battery life?

>>53744456
>consumer garbage
>talks about laptops with 16:9 screens
>>
>>53744297
>>Why couldn't MS just make the Surfacebook a fucking laptop, without the tablet gimmick it'd be more affordable, have no ugly hinge and generally be a nice alternative with better battery life but worse trackpad.
MS is pretty convinced that traditional PCs are going to go the way of the dodo some time in the near future and they hate to admit they're wrong. The Surface Book was their way of saying, "well ok, maybe laptops really are still better for a lot of things... but tablets are still cooler."

The problem is that the idea of traditional PCs disappearing in favor of tablets is a little like the idea of big rigs and freight trains getting replaced by Priuses. Microsoft has yet to come to terms with this.
>>
the only real thing a macbook has going for it is the trackpad, and with all things given its nice but not worth the premium.

what pisses me off is when people talk about the fucking ssd. you will NEVER notice the difference between pci-e and sata. i dont care how many fucking benchmarks you run, unless you have a second one connected via thunderbolt (which no one does) you will not saturate the speed.

i have a 2011 macbook, i even spent extra to get the matte display, and nothing pisses me off than stupid fucking threads where people who alternatives to them, and its excuse after excuse until finally someone just says 'WELL IT DOESNT RUN OSX SO IT SUCKS XD'

i mean for fucks sake people are now resorting to using refurbished macs as the baseline now.
>>
File: 082208_dell_3.jpg (32 KB, 623x453) Image search: [Google]
082208_dell_3.jpg
32 KB, 623x453
>>53744456
>>I've got a Dell Precision and I could stand on it without it flexing. Did I mention it's from 2008 and still gets full support from M$ and has a full HD IPS display? Apple's shitbooks? Not a chance.

I call bullshit on the IPS part because I also have a 2008 Precision (C2D, Quadro FX 770M) and the only displays available for that model in that resolution bracket are 1920x1200 TN panels (manufactured by Samsung and LG). Of course 16:10 is amazing and it's good for a TN panel, but it's definitely TN and not IPS.

You're right that it's a nice machine though.

>>53744592
>what pisses me off is when people talk about the fucking ssd. you will NEVER notice the difference between pci-e and sata. i dont care how many fucking benchmarks you run, unless you have a second one connected via thunderbolt (which no one does) you will not saturate the speed.
It's noticeable when duplicating shit or running installers from the same drive.
>>
>>53744592
> you will NEVER notice the difference between pci-e and sata.
I sure notice the difference from 2012 Air SSD and Retina Macbook SSD, and the latter has a pretty slow PCI SSD too.

It's nothing huge, fews secs there and half a sec there but if somebody spends north of 1k for a laptop, it should be the base minimum.
>>
>>53744620
no its not noticeable. you arent duplicating tens or even hundreds of gigs enough to justify having to pay apple premium for size differences.

and no installer is large enough to justify it either. diminishing returns is a real thing in the real world
>>
>>53744671
Every month I create a full backup and delete that months weekly backups, I sure notice a difference from my MacBook and desktop (crucial 256gb in desktop).

I make 4 backups a month, and on the last day I delete that months weekly backups, make one for the month of March, and archive it. MacBook connects to drive via thunderbolt, desktop via usb 3. I wish more PCs used thunderbolt, hopefully they should in the coming years since razer has their gaming laptop coming out
>>
>>53743692
Wrong board
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.