[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegas Freezes at "25%" while OPENING PROJECT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: punching-computer-1600x900.jpg (993 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
punching-computer-1600x900.jpg
993 KB, 1600x900
Hi guys.

When I render a project, if it takes more than 20 minutes, my computer shuts down, for no reason, not even BSOD, just shuts down like if it was an overheat, which is not.

It never happened until "one day" and kept doing it since then, but this time, it shut down again, and now I cannot open some .veg files. The one I was working on freezes at 25%, and I really don't know what to do.

For the shuttind down problem, I've tried to "remove one cpu core from the task", but still shut down by itself.

Please, help me, I've been a month without uploading any content to my channel and I have a contract to follow.

Thank you.
>>
What is the SMART status of your hard drive? You could also try de-fragmenting the drive to see if it shuts down there too.
>>
>>53741028
Thanks for that advice, I'll try this now.
>>
If you are using an outdated "aquired" version of vegas, I would suggest upgrading to the latest version. I went from 9 to 13 and holy balls. Sooooo much better for utilizing my 16GB and 64 bit architecture. Prerender is sooo smooth without crashing
>>
>>53741226
I'll try to reinstall it again, and if it still doesn't work, I'll try to upgrade it to the last version. Thank you!
>>
I'll try to fix that shutting down problem later, but, for now, I fixed that "freezing and not loading file" problem.

Just moved files to another folder, so, Vegas asks me where are them, I say where, and fixed, loading again.

Let's see if I can fix that other problem.

Thank you guys.
>>
>>53740969

how much ram are you using

is it ECC ram

and is your computer running a dual xeon set up with hexcore or octocore
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.