[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get some stuff off a phone but it's older, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: azn_spoop.gif (496 KB, 364x205) Image search: [Google]
azn_spoop.gif
496 KB, 364x205
I want to get some stuff off a phone but it's older, or at least older-style. It's a flip phone (because they're comfy and I don't use it for browsing much). The model is LGMS450.
It doesn't have a memory card slot, just a spot for a SIM card (and I don't have any SIM card readers, and I'm not sure if you can even put arbitrary data on one, this phone certainly doesn't seem to make that available).
It has options for sending pictures and video via e-mail (which I can't get to work), Bluetooth (don't have any Bluetooth devices), and text message (I could send stuff to someone else's phone and then try to get it off there but I'd rather not), and no apparent way to get any music or other audio into the phone or any way to get pictures, audio, video, contacts, or other files (it has a section for "other files" that's empty) into the phone other than the camera and receiver.
The phone uses USB to charge but I connected it to my computer and the phone and computer didn't respond (other than the phone starting to charge) and it doesn't seem to show up in Device Manager.
Does anyone know how (or if) I can move things to and from this without buying other equipment?
pic unrelated
>>
>>53738537
>The phone uses USB to charge but I connected it to my computer and the phone and computer didn't respond (other than the phone starting to charge) and it doesn't seem to show up in Device Manager.

>expecting windows to randomly include a driver for some shit-tier 10 year old phone

topkek

buy MVNO service for it and email the shit to yourself or get the USB drivers (assuming your cable is good).

Also, for sound files (voice memos, call recordings) on those old LG phones, they used some weird ass qualcomm codec. but using the text message app to send them to an email account would automatically convert them to compressed wav files.
>>
>>53738537
give it back Tyrone
>>
>>53738661
I was hoping it would use some mass storage protocol. I googled around some more after I posted and was pointed to stuff like what you were talking about on LG's site, I'm installing now.
>>
>>53738537

Usb bt dongle is like $1
>>
I used to have a program that let you explore old phones like these. Can't remember the name though
>>
File: absolutely_disgusting_Yahtzee.jpg (50 KB, 527x526) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_disgusting_Yahtzee.jpg
50 KB, 527x526
well both of the things on LG's site (the "PC suite" recommended on some site and the driver pointed to by going to the site myself, clicking through for support, and choosing my model) failed to do anything for me
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.