[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hosted Exchange (Email)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 26520447.jpg (57 KB, 306x226) Image search: [Google]
26520447.jpg
57 KB, 306x226
Hey guys, I help support a very small Law Firm and the owner is having some distrust with GoDaddy and wanted to know if there was an alternate solution for e-mail that will not cost 899$ per year.

GoDaddy is pretty much charging him for 2 premium 365 accounts which gets him 5 licenses each for a staff of 10. In total, close to a grand for email.

Is there some alternate e-mail solutions I can take a look at even if it means him purchasing two copies of office for each individual team member? Just jotting some ideas here, I'm stumped guys.
>>
>>53736833
Use hostgator. I've never had an issue with them and they have really good deals on email.
>>
Google Apps or Office 366, those are really the only two good solutions. I'm sure they can afford either. $899 is fucking nothing.
>>
yeah I know "law firm" 899 should be nothing, he just thinks he's getting fucked. just he has it does not want to just dish it unless he has to. he wants the best deal and he fucking hates godaddy thanks anon
>>
>>53736856
>2016
>using pop/imap in a corporate environment

>>53736833
ideally you want on-premise exchange but go with office 365 if you have to
>>
'le superbowl meme boob hosting service
>>
>>53736833
>alternate solution for e-mail that will not cost 899$ per year.
>>53736833
>365 accounts

Office 365 https://products.office.com/en-au/business/compare-office-365-for-business-plans
>>
>>53736833

get a comcast or equivalent business account with static IPs and run your own QMAIL server.
>>
Zoho (Indian/American NSA-free) offers 15 or something accounts for free.

Yandex (Russian/Dutch counterpart of Google) gives unlimited email addreses for free.

Your own VPS (anywhere) can give unlimited email addresses for free.
>>
Implement IBM Lotus Domino.

You won't regret it. Trust me.
>>
>>53739006
>IBM
In League with TPTB from WWI

>Lotus
Known for having NSA backdoors and ultimately abadoned.
>>
Cloud based email isn't exactly the best idea for client communication. If they forget to use TLS, they open up a potential can of worms.

Best to start with:
Who do they talk to?
What's sent back and forth?

You may need to introduce them to the wonders of S/MIME.
>>
Hostgator here
>>
not self hosting, are you literal shit admin?
you know that one day you will have to do that
>>
>>53736833
>why host on godaddy
A+ rating on BBB. That's why you host on godaddy.
>>
>>53742099
this or stay on 365 (stay on 365)
>>
+1
>>
AWS, seriously it's not hard to save this guy 600$ a year. AWS work mail is like 4$. user/ month (Will cost him like 12$ a year)

Hosting is free first year, and costs him like 100 every year after that.

Just set up a T.1 micro with wordpress and he's good to go.
>>
I run an MSP and i jost all my clients on intermedia. I have an entry deal and the email ratea are pretty competitive. Check them out for deals too.

Note that their exchange servers are 2008. Its not a big deal but some new features arent there yet.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.