[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burner phones to be suggested for ban in US http://www.inde
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 11
File: nope.jpg (307 KB, 625x775) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
307 KB, 625x775
Burner phones to be suggested for ban in US

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/burner-phones-could-be-made-illegal-under-law-that-would-require-personal-details-of-anyone-buying-a-a6955396.html

This is not technically possible so how do they think they can implement this.

Right now I can import boxes of sims set to global and unregistered.

How the fuck do they believe they can implement a ban on burner phones?
>>
>>53730541
You uh, you can't use those sim cards if you're not a cell phone provider. You don't have the keys, and you don't have the tech to get the keys off of an existing one
>>
>>53730541
its all about making the plebs feel safe. you should know this by now.
>>
>>53730559
But he can't do what he suggested.

I mean, he can buy sim cards but he can't program them and even if he can he can't use them on any networks. This isn't how sim cards work
>>
>>53730558

I can import boxes of globe card from Manila and sun card from Manila set to global. No ID is required for purchase in Manila.
Local carrier will route the traffic, so, they will block all tourists mobile, because that is the "genuine" reason for use.
>>
>>53730558
And? If the SIM belongs to a telco that is not bound by US law (reads, any non-US carrier) its not a problem.
>>
>>53730599
Set to roaming <
>>
They pulled this off some 10 years ago in brazil, it made buying a phone so problematic due to all the paperwork sales went down, carriers got together and fought it, now they sell prepaid sims with preassigned numbers in newstands again.

Sad thing is they actually are very often used by criminals, for shit ranging from scams all the way to blackmailing.
>>
>>53730677

Yea just like Philippines. Infct load in a Philippines sim, you'll receive one or two scam txt messages per day, because phones can be loaded "by text" and villagers will buy themselves one days worth of unlimited texting and spam numbers asking for load for the entire fucking day, in hopes that someone will think the txt is from a relative or some such and actually send through load to the scam phone.
>>
>>53730541
> Forcing shops to require customers to give over identification when buying cheap phones or pre-paid SIMs could be one of the most important ways that terrorists are able to communicate, according to California Congresswoman Jackie Speier, who proposed the bill.

is she retarded or is whoever wrote the article retarded
>>
>>53730734
load meaning phone credit, can be sent by text. So I could end you 100 peso poone credit by text from my phone to your phone. Weirder system.
>>
>>53730757
Lol does that ever work
>>
>>53730541
what do you have to hide? you dont have to ban them just make it a life sentence/death sentence
>>
>>53730757
lets fix the typos>
load meaning phone credit, can be sent by text. So I could send you 100 peso phone credit by text from my phone to your phone. Weirder system.
>>
What the fug is a burner phone?
>>
>>53730763
Well you have to bear in mind, old people will also receive the texts, and old people are kinda more vulnerable to being fooled and trolled.
>>
>>53730541

This is only going to increase identity and handset theft. It's not called organized crime for no reason.
>>
>>53730778
A phone/sim with no known human ID tagged to it.
>>
>>53730751
I'm against this ban but she is right. At least in the Netherlands they did some survey and a huge amount of cheap pre-paid cellphones were used for malicious purposes.
>>53730763
>>53730783
I got almost scammed last month. I received a text from some number, that was already named in my phone, and it said "your package is ready and will be shipped out tommorow, reply for more information" it was rather impressive.
>>
>>53730795
Why don't they just call it a prepaid phone? Fucking britbongs.
>>
>>53730801
>I'm against this ban but she is right. At least in the Netherlands they did some survey and a huge amount of cheap pre-paid cellphones were used for malicious purposes.
Read the sentence:

>Forcing shops (...) could be one of the most important ways that terrorists are able to communicate

No.
That is incorrect.
Terrorists do not communicate by forcing shops.
>>
>>53730599
so they force US carriers to default to block all non-US sim cards by default and whitelist the carriers who are willing to follow their rules (ie not sell readily working sim cards in bulk to random people).
>>
>>53730825
>Terrorists do not communicate by forcing shops.
Oh I am mistaken then. Well the thing is, you can just buy unmarked phones + simcards for like €15 at larger supermarkets. I can understand a lot of people abuse this system.
>>
>>53730824
Prepaid phones aren't necessarily burner phones. Also, American TV is what made the phrase famous you fucking moron.
>>
>>53730836
I don't think you understand what I'm talking about at all.
>>
>>53730824
Cant speak for UK, but in AU prepay sims still require passport or driver license, and, on local carrier level, are purchased through the Vodaphone tore or Optus stores etc, they are pretty thorough, but that doesnt stop roaming sims at all.
>>
Literally all that's going to happen is that they're going to make tech savvy criminals more common. They're going to force Tyrone to learn how to encrypt his phone, use private clients, etc. instead of just buying a burner and thinking he's safe and playing it carelessly.
>>
>>53730851

Pig's fucking arse they do.

You buy a SIM off the shelf at Coles or Woolworths, then you take it home and enter whatever details you like into the web form when you register it.

Nobody ever looks at your ID documents.

Posting this right now from a SIM registered as Nigger Nigger.
>>
>>53730891
relly. fuck me then. Last time I got prepay was at vodafone and they STILL requested my passport and this was about 6 months ago.
>>
>>53730541
Cant wait for Big Brother going all in.
>>
>>53730922
>>53730891
>>53730851
Dumb Australiaposters
>>
>>53730541
They don't think. They just hear that Terrorists use burner phones and want to ban them. If it's even possible is none of their concern.
>>
>>53730947
Yes with your intelligence you will be able to explain why I needed my passport to buy a prepay then, on behalf of the store staff, and no website registration offered. I'm waiting.
>>
>>53730986
I'd be happier with them blocking burner phones than them carrying on trying to block encryption
>>
I doubt this will happen in the land of free market and trade. Side business I'm involved in deals with prepaid sim sales. There was a time when postpaid was king and high sales was what the carrier's board members wanted to display for investors. Not anymore. Prepaid commissions payout huge.

I can't see how putting a required field on personal details during the activation process will make a difference. Unless they're requiring SSN. Doubtful though. Even then, during postpaid days I knew a few that bypassed the SSN verification algorithm.

As far as illegal activities with prepaid, definitely. I know of some illegitimate scenarios that bring in huge margins. GSM termination is one.
>>
File: Top_kek.png (318 KB, 325x481) Image search: [Google]
Top_kek.png
318 KB, 325x481
So you need to register and have your details kept on file to have a prepay mobile but not to buy an M16?
>>
Good. Only retards with something to hide would need these.
>>
>>53731189
Hey, if the founding fathers had meant for us to make cell phones an inalienable right they would have written it in. Obviously they knew that they would one day be developed just like they knew that guns with semi, burst, and fully automatic modes would be developed.
>>
>>53731219
is this the anti /g/?
>>
>>53731189
You don't need either right now this is a proposal by a dumbfuck that doesn't understand technology. Hopefully it will be torn to pieces while they discuss it.
>>
It's a really dumb idea that will do basically nothing useful, it will create a black market for cellphones though.
>accidentally lose phone
>don't notice its gone until later on in the day
>someone picks it up and uses it as a burner
>police show up at your house and arrest you because the phone was registered to you and there's no possible way for anyone to use a phone without your permission
>>
File: 1451696197431.jpg (41 KB, 397x554) Image search: [Google]
1451696197431.jpg
41 KB, 397x554
>mfw walking into tescos and buying 200 sims without having to fill out forms or anything
>>
>>53730825
>That is incorrect.
>Terrorists do not communicate by forcing shops.
They apparently use PSN. Maybe you'll need an ID and social security card to buy a playstation from now on...
>>
>>53730991
>...explain why I needed my passport to buy a prepay then..
Because your country has some of the most inept reactionary politicians on Earth. Don't believe me? Compare the approval ratings of your elected officials to other nations.

That said the only worse western country is the UK when it comes to tech.
>>
>America land of the free
When will this meme end?
>>
File: aus.png (71 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
aus.png
71 KB, 919x737
>>53730891
>>
>>53730541
This is already the law in Europe. Doesn't prevent criminals from getting phones.
>>
>>53731189
M16s (along with all legally owned full auto/select fire weapons) must be registered with the nfa. Sale and trasfer of those weapons are also tracked by the feds. So if person A wants to sell m16 to person B, person B must be legally eligible to own the m16 (going through nfa red tape) and have the weapon transfered to B's name.

Joe Shmoe at the gun show can not by an m16
>>
>>53730891
Fuckin ay. They'll *possibly* grab some detail when you buy a prepaid handset, but like fuck they actually follow through and submit those imei's. Have you seen the forms they fill out at woolies / big w? They pretty much just scribble the imei and get your signature. Piece of piss to get a "unmarked" phone here.
>>
>>53732292
They don't even check most of the time in Kmart. They just scan and give you the phone.
>>
>>53730769
Not only you can send credits, you can top it up with a pre-exisitng promo included with it. I know because [spoiler]I live in the Philippines[/spoiler]
>>
>>53730599

So you have a box of unactivated SIM cards? What then?

Australia has had laws on SIM card activation for a while now, every new mobile activation, pre-paid or post-paid, needs to have your details recorded with 100 points of ID.

You can get a SIM card for free from any old telco, but it won't work without an activation.
>>
>>53730891

Whoever sold you those SIM card packs broke the law.

http://www.amta.org.au/pages/Pre-paid.ID.Forms
>>
>>53730541

By telling telecom companies to not support certain sims that support old style phones. Shit is very possible yo.
>>
>>53730541

>unregistered burner cell phones are being banned

Good. The only people who use them are drug dealers, criminals or terrorists.
>>
>>53730541
but terrorist use smartphones
>>
>>53732885
Terrorists use air, they need to ban air next.
>>
>>53732871
What about journalists?
>>
>Phone number required to register email
>Soon ID required to get phone

It's too late.
>>
>>53730891
>when you register it.
Oh wow fucking lmao here in Eastern Europe pre paid sim are like 1.20 USD each and they're basically plug'n'play.
>>
>>53732634
ID points?? Anyone willing to explain that to me?
>>
>>53732929
>Phone number required to register email
Only gmail does this and only at certain times.

>>53732977
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_point_check
>>
>>53732198
Wrong. You can legally transfer a weapon, no paperwork needed. As long as the weapon has the approriate seriel numbers, and is not stolen.
And in gun shows I think they require you to be from that same state and not out of state.

I saw a video where guy was able to buy like 4 guns with no id or paperwork or anything.

>>53732871
Or Gentoomen
>>
>>53733379
This is true for Yahoo, MSN, and AOL.
>>
File: 1431036490171.jpg (184 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1431036490171.jpg
184 KB, 960x960
>land of the """""""free""""""""
>>
>>53733501
I made another throw away hotmail account less than a month ago for. So unless things changed in a month, or you followed their suggestion to add one for reset reasons I have never seen this occur.
>>
>>53730541
Of course it's from a Democrat woman in California.

If we could nuke the entire South end of that shit hole we would be a lot better off.
>>
>>53733700
This desu senpai
>>
>>53733440
A M16 is specifically a Full Auto/Select fire lower part the conforms to
the AR15 platform.
You need a NRA tax tag to legally own a M16 lower (read any full auto/Burst)

I can go to practically go to any gun shop and pick up a AR15 (Semi auto)
without much fuss.

Now buying a M16 lower...wew lad good luck, they start around $16-20K
and require months of paper work and a tax tag.
>>
>>53733645
I just tested this, both msn and yahoo will allow you to make an account without a phone number if you use a recovery email address.

If you want a good email account without the botnet simply use a mailinator mirror email address to create two good accounts on either service. Once both accounts have been made secure your new email accounts by swapping the recovery email address on the good accounts from the mailinator mirror email address to the other good account email address. Not hard my man.
>>
>>53730801
>cheap pre-paid cellphones were used for malicious purposes.
No, cheap pre-paid cellphones are used for drugs.
>>
Wouldn't that also ban the use of any prepaid companies as well? They do ask details but you can basically lie to them
>>
Why would phones require regulation but payphones are still allowed to exist?
>>
>>53730541
>they are trying to pass something very similar in Certain Central European Shithole
>>
>>53730824
Cuz they want to act like they watched The Wire.
>>
>>53730541
hahhahahaha america at it's best
Enjoy your fascist regime, cucks.
>>
I live in South Africa and burners have been banned for some years now. You need to register every new SIM and all old SIMS that aren't registered are disconnected from all telecoms networks. In the past you could walk into any 7/11 and buy a simcard with a bit of airtime for the equivalent of 1 USD basically.
>>
>>53730824
It makes sense when you think about it. They're called burners because dealers burn through them fast
>>
>>53730541
Totally sucks that the criminals who use these will have to work around the problem. There is no reason why a normal person can't just show ID to buy these if they aren't going to break the law.

Next people are going to complain about needing to be registered when you are born. Total breach of freedom right there.
>>
>>53735446
Maar ek is liefe vir Afrikaans, broer. :c
>>
>>53735548
>There is no reason why a normal person can't just show ID to buy these if they aren't going to break the law
I shouldn't need to carry an ID to purchase electronics in a store.
>>
>>53730541
should have happened a long time ago
>>
LAND
OF
THE
FREE
>>
>>53735548
If you're the one proposing this law then you have to provide a basis for why it needs to be implemented and what exactly it solves. If you yourself admit that it wont solve anything then what is it good for? Why should people give up freedoms for no purpose?
>>
>>53735604
Why would you say something retard like that? Are you asserting that just because it's electronic, doesn't mean it can't be potentially dangerous or that just because it's sold at a store makes it fine?
>>
>OI BIN THAT PHONE
>>
It's shitty to see world powers choose order over freedom. They have changed the name of the boogeyman from communism to terrorism.
>>
>>53735430
>t. Muhammad
>>
>>53735641
It solves the problem that many people buy these phones use them for illegal purposes and by registering them before hand, it will be easier to crack down on criminal activity that involve these.

If you are saying criminals will work around this. Then the simple thing would be to then block what ever workarounds they find as the next step.

If you are then looking at a slippery slope argument, then you should make a point when there is actually a law being passed that won't simply be a good thing to law abiding citizens.
>>
>>53735645
There's a point where you need to draw the fucking line. The amount of terrorists doing this compared to the amount of people just buying phones is absurdly small
>>
>>53735694
>It solves the problem that many people buy these phones use them for illegal purposes and by registering them before hand, it will be easier to crack down on criminal activity that involve these.
It's the same problem with DRM you're not going to catch who you actually want to catch you're just going to catch low level crooks and innocent people, and the low level crooks would probably be busted for something else anyway. Even if this actually did anything the crooks would just change their tactics and probably just start stealing phones which would then implicate innocent people in crimes. You would be obligated to report your phone stolen to avoid having the police bust down your door which is basically hurting the victim of the crime twice.
>>
>>53730541
I have lived in two countries which require ID and proof of residence to activate sim cards, supposedly in an attempt to curb organised crime(both countries had "problems" with gangs or foreign criminals). The effect was startlingly ineffective, turns out the only people who struggled to get sims working were ordinary denizens. Foreign criminals had no trouble and continued business as usual.
It was a remarkably effective way of controlling consumers though, and gave the service providers greater power within the legal structures and made it more difficult for competition to grow.
>>
>>53730887
Also the black market price of stolen phones will go way up. Rewarding and incentivising more phone theft.
>>
>>53732977
Urge to move to America rising.
>>
>>53733749
Well yea true, true. I ment semi-auto, so easy to get.
>>
murrica please get your shit together
>>
>>53735870
You are just ignoring my second point then. DRM doesn't hurt innocent people if implemented well. If you have a problem with the implementation and have better suggestions for how it should be implemented then go ahead. The problem at hand is to eliminate potential untrackable vectors for communication of criminals. By the sounds of it, you have no real complain except for the "not going to work clause" which is countered by continue diligence of more laws and enforcement.

All your implications in your post could be solved with simple clauses in the law. None of that matters. If criminal activity is done with a stolen device, it will be treated the same as any other stole tool of crime. Maybe people will be more incline to keep their personals that can be used in a crime more securely in that case. If someone stole your ID and then dropped it at the scene of a murder, you think it matters that they have to come to you for suspicion of murder? Maybe we should do away with IDs because that might happen. Or maybe your arguments are just as dumb as that.
>>
>>53735729
They are mostly used for some form of criminal activity. In the cases where they aren't then it is no a problem. Why does it matter where you draw the line? Your arbitrary line just makes you no better than people who think you should be allowed to kill people if they piss you off in a bar. Neither of which has any logic behind it and neither of which will help society function.
>>
File: 1421770291433.jpg (52 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
1421770291433.jpg
52 KB, 640x430
>sales drop
>carriers start ascended saiyan lobbying
>government still says no
>carriers start annexing

who's hyped for JJ's interpretation of Attack of the Phones?
>>
>>53736331
>carriers start leaving the country
>monopolies get stronger
>prices go up

WE CANADA NOW
>>
>>53736284
> DRM doesn't hurt innocent people if implemented well.
Except for removing their ability to make copies of their property which they're legally entitled to. And disabling their property when they don't/can't authenticate. It's also completely ineffective because pirates just create workarounds.

>If you have a problem with the implementation and have better suggestions for how it should be implemented then go ahead.
For the DRM? I would suggest offering a service like GoG where paying users can receive up to date versions of their games with no restrictions and pirates just have to deal with outdated versions that may contain malware.

For the phones I don't have to offer any suggestions for anything, this is a non-solution to a non-issue. Crooks communicating is not my problem go bust them if you give a fuck about them. The better way to handle them would be to end the "war on drugs" which is where they're getting money from in the first place.
>>
>>53736322
I don't give a shit, this is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>53736175
But >>53731189 was talking about m16's, not ar15's. Which is why I replied to correct the disinformation that he was spewing. The designations for each model are not interchangeable. Ar15s are like any other semiauto rifle. They fire one shot per action of the trigger.

Fuckers need to get their shit straight before they start making off topic comparisons.
>>
>>53730541
Jackie Speier -- yet another nutjob out of San Fagcisco
>>
>>53730541
>a woman

no surprise there
>>
>>53730751
my thoughts exactly
>>
>>53731289
Bruh, the 2nd amendment exists for a very specific reason. You really think they were too stupid to think weapons technology would improve?
>>
>>53736633
an m16 is an ar15, but the reverse is not always true
>>
>>53730541
Why the hell would they ban burner phones if they want to catch people? As of right now the NSA collects a ton of information for cell phone locations and software has come a long way for associating burner phones with people and previous burner phones used by a person (look up the SKYNET program for a detailed example of how far they can take this and the CO-TRAVELER and FASCIA programs for evidence that it's likely being done in other areas of the world including the US). All this will do is push people to significantly more secure methods of communication that are much easier to get into and to not screw up and expose yourself with, such as anything going over the now ubiquitous public wifi.
>>
>use contract mobile to create hotspot
>route hotspot traffic through tor with orbot
>connect inactivated smart phone to hotspot
>use VOIP to make secure calls

Good luck, gubermint
>>
HOME
OF
THE
BRAVE
>>
Next we'll need to register any wifi enabled device. Or just register everytime we log into the internet. Wouldn't want those terrorists/rapists/pedos/criminals doing anything illicit.

What's wrong, something to hide, anon?
>>
>>53731793
Yep!
>>
File: not so happy merchant.png (33 KB, 218x210) Image search: [Google]
not so happy merchant.png
33 KB, 218x210
>go to shop
>buy sim card
>pay $2 once in a year to keep it active
>>
>>53730793
>stealing literal botnets that can be traced and locked using IMEI

no one smart steals phones anymore.
>>
the ability to destroy a government by the people is essential for liberty to exist
>>
>what is snapchat
>>
>>53732175
>This is already the law in Europe
No it isn't. Only in a few countries. Soon Poland's going to vote on a counter-terrorism bill that would add them to the list, but there's still a lot without such a law.
>>
>>53731189
background check, serial number, name, address, social security #. In order to carry, fingerprints, mental health eval and (in most states) a class with a test.
>>
is there a tl;dr?
How to aquire unregistered phone service in US of A? Sim cards are easy but services usually require bank information right?
>>
>>53738558

>buy a 90% lower from interweb with no id
>pay someone to mill the rest or drill the holes yourself
>buy rest of components from interweb without an id

But yeah, go ahead and put in all that paperwork, good goi
>>
Who actually uses burner phones besides drug dealers or criminals?

I mean I get the whole "muh privacy" thing but come on. Are you guys actually so paranoid that you use burner phones because you are afraid of big brother tracking you? What the hell?
>>
File: 1266126008249.jpg (68 KB, 305x196) Image search: [Google]
1266126008249.jpg
68 KB, 305x196
>>53738622
>he thinks the government is ever going to try and take your guns back
>>
>>53738737

It is axiomatic that its citizens are the number one threat to the people in power. This is the reason that all governments dedicate so many reasons to social control and domestic spying.

20 years ago it would have been inconceivable that the US government would monitor and log all internet and telephony traffic. Now it's the norm. It isn't outlandish to assume that this usurpation of power will continue.
>>
>>53737136
>tor meme

Need to die you should be ash tunneling
>>
>>53738645

Where have you been for the last 3 years?

Privacy is a fundamental human right. I don't need to justify the right to be secure in my communications, the government needs to justify its spying. Thusfar, their "terrorism" argument has been underwhelming.
>>
>>53737445
>buy phone
>sell it
>claim stolen
>police do shit

>buy phone with fake ID
>selling to people at higher cost
>profit
>>
File: gchq1.png (102 KB, 847x568) Image search: [Google]
gchq1.png
102 KB, 847x568
>>53738838

Daily reminder that Western intelligence agencies pay people to sit on the internet and discredit adversaries on forums.

JTEIG, pls go.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-28-17-44-02.png (273 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-28-17-44-02.png
273 KB, 1080x1920
>>53738903

JTRIG*

Have some more.

https://theintercept.com/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/
>>
>>53738850
>poppycock

Where is it written on paper that it is your God given right
>>
>>53738903
How long has it been, anon? Since the internet was good and free?
>>
>>53738903
SSH tunneling >tor

>>53738955
Free as in libre or beer
>>
>>53738992
As in wasn't full of government agents and advertising agencies impersonating regular people in an attempt to manipulate opinions.
>>
>>53730541
They already demand info for any tech support
>>
>>53738806
>muh guns
A bunch of faggot hicks with ar-15s doesn't change shit, you'd end up like those idiots in Waco if anyone ever tries anything against the really powerful people.
Plus most of the gun scare is just marketing tactics by the arms manufacturers themselves to get you ameridiots into buying more guns and ammo just in case a new law gets passed.
>>
>>53738946

The 4th Amendment protects my effects and papers from being search without a warrants.

The first amendment protects my right to freely assemble, which the Supreme Court has said is abridged if such assembly is monitored.

The 14th amendment grants me due process.

And the UN Convention on Human Rights, to which the US is a signatory, explicitly states that privacy is a fundamental human right.

The rule of law is the bedrock of Anglo-American law, our society has hastily thrown it away for the illusion of security from an excessively exaggerated threat.

>>53739029

The iPhone marked the end of the internet. It, and the other smartphones thwt followed, allowed more people onto the internet more frequently, the advertising agencies and governments followed.
>>
File: 1441280992105.jpg (27 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1441280992105.jpg
27 KB, 640x640
If they ban burner phones then drug dealers will just buy used cellphones or wi-fi devices and use those free w-fi calling and texting apps.
>>
>>53739067

Their efficiency as a bulwark against government tyranny might be arguable, but they are definitely a bulwark.
>>
>>53730751
>>53730801
Also against it, also think she's right. The Paris guys used so many burner phones that investigators found a couple dozen left over, still in the packaging.

Of all the anti-terror suggestions to come out of the U.S. in the last decade, this one actually makes sense and isn't just security theatre.

You don't need to "encrypt" a phone that's only used to send or receive 1 message. 1 message per phone is the correct ratio when planning politically motivated mass violence (terrorism).
>>
>>53730541
> How the fuck do they believe they can implement a ban on burner phones?
Stop selling them, any SIM card purchase will require your ID. It's easier than you think.
> I can import boxes of sims set to global
Well, technically you can, but nobody will bother with this except maybe actual criminals.
>>
>>53739142
not really

the second ammendment was intended to provide for a militia made of of normal citizens to exist in place of a standing army or even a police force

it was sort of an english tradition you see

these days, we have paramilitary police forces and gigantic army with murder drones.

the second ammendment is a rump policy
>>
>>53739156

They were also know suspects at the time. Banning burner phones would have just shifted their commmunications elsewhere.

If you want to stop terrorism, you have to get to the root cause, instability in the region, instead of playing wack-a-mole with terrorist techniques and leaders.
>>
>>53739226

>2nd amendment was only for militias

Current jurisprudence disagrees completely with you.
>>
>Can't register for many websites without a phone number for "security purposes"
>Can't anonymously purchase a phone for "security purposes"
How long until we won't be able to use the internet without an internet license that requires a background check?
>>
>>53739303
There were rumblings about something like that a while ago. I don't think anything came of it... yet
>>
>>53739067
>A bunch of faggot hicks with ar-15s doesn't change shit, you'd end up like those idiots in Waco if anyone ever tries anything against the really powerful people.
just like a bunch of goatfucking farmers out in BFE were no match for us over the past 3 decades in 8 overt conflicts.

right...
>>
>>53739278
Yeah I know what the supreme court said.

But anybody with a cursory knowledge of the culture and circumstances of the period could tell you that ruling was nonsense.

It might be current law, but the current interpretation wasn't the original intent. It just simply was not.
>>
>>53739231
It doesn't matter if they're known or not. The phone log goes like this:

>8:30 new phone A activated
>8:31 new phone B activated
>8:32 A calls B
>8:33 [10 seconds of speech or 1-2 texts, possibly in code]
>10:30 new phone C activated
>etc

Usually a drug dealer wants a single alternate number. Their phone calls go like this:

>8:30 new number activated
>8:31 can i pick up?
>8:32 r u around bro?
>8:33 my friend is lookin
>8:34 you got kush right?
>etc

The difference is the value of the electronic record.

Admittedly in Paris it was one Belgian guy buying all the phones on personal credit like a noob, but the burner phones themselves revealed nothing.

He should have been caught, being a known friend of terrorists, but hey it sux to be Europe right now.
>>
>>53739374

wut?

Scalia, the most vehement suporter of original intent, WROTE the majority opinion!
>>
>>53739440
Scalia claimed to be the most vehement supporter of original intent. That doesn't mean that's what he was.
>>
>>53739447

I'm waiting on an argument...

You said it was obvious to anyone what the original intent was. The Supreme Court, including the standard bearer of "original intent", disagreed.
>>
>>53739516
He wasn't the standard bearer of original intent. He was a conservative, so more often than not, "original intent" served his biases. When it didn't, he was willing to stretch interpretation as needed.

I'm not really interested in trying to convince you. I'm interested in history. I dislike when people distort history and the intentions of people from history to advance their narrow interests. To me, what they meant is a historical concern. To you, what they meant is a contemporary concern. There can be no agreement when we're playing a different game.
>>
>>53739332
>implying the saudi owned american arms manufacturers want to get rid of all the "goat fucking farmers" that constitute a gold mine for them
>implying half of the "goat fucking farmers" aren't trafficking heroin and have more than enough funds for weaponry to fend off your badly equipped and trained afghan lackeys
>implying you've ever had enough troops on the ground to get rid of them
>>
>>53739788
I should also point out that what Scalia advocated was not "original intent", but "texualism". In other words, the idea that we should interpret laws by their literal letter. By that standard, his second amendment interpretation makes even less sense.
>>
>>53739854
*textualism
>>
What a fucking cuck country
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.