[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
while you faggots are shitposting on an egyptian fur trading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: odin.png (22 KB, 506x328) Image search: [Google]
odin.png
22 KB, 506x328
while you faggots are shitposting on an egyptian fur trading forum I am completing the Odin Project....not that I will necessarily become a webdev ever but because i am interested in webdev and see it as a neat hobby that also makes me more marketable for teh jobz
>>
k
>>
>ruby
Fuck off
>>
>>53726385
what's wrong with ruby exactly?
>>
>>53726393
Ruby on Rails
>>
>>53726362
thanks

>>53726385
whats wrong with ruby u fucking freak? just kidding...is ruby bad? i don't know much about it desu senpai...still gonna learn it anyways...plus theres more in the course than just ruby
>>
>>53726393
It's a shitty language for sjw feminazis.
>>
File: hipsters1.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
hipsters1.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
>>53726323
you should contain your web dev related personal blog to http://boards.4chan.org/g/wdg

If you stray outside of that thread with web-related stuff, the salty perma-virgin neckbeards freetard hobbiest neets that inhabit /g/ will make fun of you for not being a 'real' unemployable programmer because they desperately need some way to feel superior to those who are objectively better than them in every way.

However we over at /wdg/ will also rightfully make fun of you for choosing Ruby.
>>
Ruby is a cool bro.
Rails is, at best, a mixed blessing.

Be sure you learn Ruby and not just Rails magic bullshit and all of the bad habits that come with it.
>>
File: 1443480759553.png (42 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
1443480759553.png
42 KB, 300x299
>>53726607
>However we over at /wdg/ will also rightfully make fun of you for choosing Ruby.
Yeah, but be fair: there's no language used for web development that couldn't be made fun of for all sorts of legitimate reasons. Except maybe Erlang. But at that point you're (a) probably 45 years old, (b) don't waste time on 4chan and (c) being paid so well you wouldn't care even if someone did make fun of you.

In the end web sites are built as a series of compromises and delivered via systems/infrastructure held together with hand shakes and duct tape.
>>
>>53726694
Also, inb4 someone points out my image is Clojure and not Erlang. It just happened to pop up first in my recent images list.
>>
op here, why will i be made fun of for using ruby, if i ever do use ruby....desu i've just started out and am not really sure what ruby is used for....i kind of just thought javascript was used for everthing
>>
>>53726607
Why does that guy have a literal clown foot? Is it the angle or what? That's literally the biggest foot I've ever seen.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.