[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fuuuuuuture!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: dat 2d though.gif (2 MB, 540x290) Image search: [Google]
dat 2d though.gif
2 MB, 540x290
So random thought here, but with the growing popularity and interest in VR will there be a rift that grows in society between people who prefer just the good ol' screen experience over VR?

>Inb4 screenfags
>>
I'm putting off upgrading my monitors until I see how good a virtual desktop is.

I'm pretty sure it's not something I would want to use for work but I'm going to wait just incase.
>>
I'm sure there will be a split between digital immersion and real life, where society pressures digital immersion for online shopping, tour guides, gaming, and potentially even dating. Robots will most likely take up a decent number of basic warehouse and blue collar jobs, so there will be an adjustment in the type of economy.

It's speculated the economy after a service economy is a "serviced economy", where we are no longer valued for our skillset (robots are better and more accurate anyway).
>>
>no VR MMO chatroom yet
hurry the fuck up lads
>>
>screen
More like physical reality vs vr
>w-why don't you care about me anymore anon? What is a waifu and why do you lose so much time with one?
>>
>>53721413
Early adoption is never worth it. Even if VR should become an alternative for screens (and I'm mildly confident it will) there's no advantage to be had in beta-testing it for others yet.
>>
and thus the war of the VR fags and screen fags began
>>
How long till I can be with my VR waifu?
>>
Well screenfags have kind of hit a limit. You can start to see that going from 720p to 1080p. There just isn't much difference from 1080p to 4k. 4k to 8k is even worse.

I'm pretty happy with a good 1080p monitor. I'll upgrade to 4k when they become the dirt cheap standard. After that monitors are basically perfected.

VR is the future. 4k will actually have meaning there and so will 8k.
>>
>>53721563
Could be now or never, depending on who your waifu is and what you expect from her.
>>
>>53721371
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU1BFNuHo-E
>>
Probably. I can't use VR at all because of my motion sickness. I can't even play first person games on a regular screen because after 5 minutes I'll feel sick for the rest of the day. It's so bad that if I watch a YT video in a little window I'll still get the motion sickness.
>>
>>53721605
You can always make monitors bigger. If you had 8K you could make your entire wall behind your desk a monitor, from floor to ceiling. Or make like a huge half dome and you'd be on the inside of it.
>>
>>53721605
>>53723590
Shouldn't "8K" actually be called "16K"? 1440p isn't 2K.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.