[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iceweasel kill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Iceweasel_icon.svg.png (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Iceweasel_icon.svg.png
1 MB, 2000x2000
>Debian stretch/testing here.
>Just upgraded my packages.
>Was told that iceweasel will be upgraded.
>Was told that iceweasel is no longer needed an can be removed.
>thefuckisthis.webm
>Launcher is gone as well.
>There's a Firefox icon now.
>It's firefox.

So, my special snowflake browser is no more? I know it's just a rebrand, but the very first thing that I was presented with was a prompt to create/log in with some Mozilla account shit. I don't like this.

Also, the first webm I opened in this new browser is fucked up. I don't call this an upgrade.
>>
>>53718135
use a better distro
>>
>>53718135
Use IceCat then
>>
Firefox has been shit for awhile, just use chromium.
>>
>>53719032
Chrom[e,ium] is even shittier. All of the botnet and none of the customization ability
>>
>>53719080
customizations will be a goner for firefox also
havent you heard that mozilla drops the XUL extensions?
>>
>>53719080
>none of the customization ability
Yeah you can't rice it like Firefox but aside from that it's so much better than Firefox
>>
>>53718135
>Also, the first webm I opened in this new browser is fucked up. I don't call this an upgrade.

Try about:config, media.mediasource.webm.enabled, false
>>
>>53719080
>All of the botnet
you can deactivate all of those
>>
>>53718135
firefox has gone full chrome lately. i jumped ship like a year ago, im currently using qutebrowser. i use vim like 10 hours a day so its bretty comphy. the hosts based adblocking is more than enough for me, and the keyboard shortcuts are all cool and easy to learn. theres not much space for customization, but i think its fine. the UI is minimal, and to be fair, all the customizing i did to firefox was making it more minimal.
if you know how to use vim and you like it, i quarantee that youll like qutebrowser. try it out.
>>
Hello OP
I use ceres(sid)
I did that more than a week ago
iceweasel is just a reskin of firefox because of trademark licensing
its all firefox all the same
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.