[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transmission Releases Long-Awaited BitTorrent Client For Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
https://torrentfreak.com/transmission-releases-long-awaited-bittorrent-client-for-windows-160327/

QBITTORRENT BTFO
I REPEAT

B
B
QBITTORRENT BTFO
>>
>>53718065
Finally Winfags will have something that is similar to what uTorrent 2.2.1 was (and well, still is)
>>
>>53718065
i like deluge :^)
>>
>>53718346
Enjoy your 1 and a half year between updates then i guess.
>>
And nothing of value was gained.
>>
μTorrent 2.2.1 boi
>>
>>53718065
Can I use RSS easily with Transmission?
>>
File: 2016-03-27_221300.png (49 KB, 825x634) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-27_221300.png
49 KB, 825x634
>>53718708
By the looks of it, you can.
Isn't using RSS on torrents kind of wonky? That is to say, how do you resolve multiple torrent re-uploads of the same video content and such that are recorded by the feed?
>>
>>53718635
You're autistic
>>
Portable when?
>>
>>53718065
Oh boy, ransomware for Windows!
>>
>>53719047
Those were lies anon. A defamation campaign against OS X.
>>
>>53719072
THose liars have kidnapped the official website!
>Read Immediately!!!!
>Everyone running 2.90 on OS X should immediately upgrade to and run 2.92, as they may have downloaded a malware-infected file. This new version will make sure that the “OSX.KeRanger.A” ransomware (more information available here) is correctly removed from your computer.
>>
>>53719127
They have. Must be an anonymous hack or something.
Fucking Linux faggots.
>>
>>53718065
I've been a long-time user of qBt but the recent stalling issues on specific torrents have been really troublesome. I was using the old Transmission-Qt port but the developer was a retarded autist that forced ugly custom UI decorations to be used and that was not ideal. I'll try the "official" port though I'll still keep using qBt for some since Transmission seems to lack sequential download (very important for torrents with multiple seasons of shows encoded with high bitrates).
>>
File: sure.png (19 KB, 290x286) Image search: [Google]
sure.png
19 KB, 290x286
>>53718065
>trusting a software with pic related on the homepage
>>
Wtf this has been around forever you dumb anon qTransmisson.
>>
You can trust a program run by a team that didn't prevent or notice that they were distributing malware for a week.
>>
>>53718772
besides making rules to avoid "v2, v3, etc" I don't know if there's a better alternative.
I only really used RSS feeds on Qbit and it became a nightmare with downloading files I already have.
>>
>>53720122
Was thinking about the same. Been using Transmission on Windows for a couple years now. What's new about this?
>>
>>53718065
Remotely how does Qbittorrent get BTFO with this? Mental disability? Have you not gone through puberty yet?
>>
>>53718065
Finally more ways to get malware
>>
>>53718065
i've been using transmission-qt for windows for years...
>>
>>53720023
Macfags btfo
>>
>>53720023
That's why you use GNU/Linux, and download it from a trusted source, such as your package manager.
>>
Is qBitTorrent really that bad?
I've been using the Windows version for a few weeks for the occasional Linux ISO and some freeware game add-ons and seems fine
Is there something critical I'm missing?
>>
>>53723260
No, just /g/ sperging out.
business as usual
>>
>>53723260
Haven't found anything wrong with it. Maybe it craps out on several 30GB+ active torrents at the same time or stuff like that.
>>
>>53723260
Nothing. I've been using windows qbit for a pretty long time now, probably something between 1-2 years. People just enjoy shitposting this board.
Qbit used to have some really frustrating problems (like random wipes of user settings) but that hasn't been a problem for ages now. And stalled meme comes from retard not understanding how p2p works. I wouldn't bother with windows version though.
>>
I use rtorrent.

Why is google making me do 3 tests everytime I post now? Do they think I'm a spam bot?
>>
>using a ransomware client
I'll stick to rtorrent thanks :^)
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.