[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xeon vs i5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
i5 4690k vs xeon e3-1230 v3

from a price to performance standpoint which one would be best?
>>
File: 45nurQl.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
45nurQl.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
i7 4770 without the integrated graphics desu
>>
>>53715246
>22nm
disgusting
>>
>>53716122
You might think you're funny, but you're definitely not.
Goy.
>>
>>53715246
E3-1231v3 is the better and better performer. If you go to Skylake and try Xeon, you'll need a Cxxx series chipset, as Xeon won't work on the mainstream Skylake boards whereas they drop right in on the same boards as i5/i7 CPUs.

I'm using that CPU in a z97 motherboard without issue.
>>
>>53716254
Whereas they drop right in on the same boards as i5/i7 CPUs *on nearly all previous Intel chipsets. Sorry wanted to clarify
>>
>>53716254
Christ I'm having a hard fucking time talking. It's the better buy and better performer.
>>
>>53716254
Question: Are you using the stock cooler? If "Yes" then does the temperature stays at over 45°C in the first hour, hour 1/2 then dropping and staying at 32-35°C? And does it go back up every now&then to high temperatures?
>>
>>53715246
FYI, I ended up going for the Xeon 3 years ago, and it paid off eventually because it has IOMMU support, so I can bind my GPU to a VM and play games on it instead of having to dualboot Windows.

Whether or not you intend on doing something similar depends on you, but if that sounds like something you'd want to do, go with the Xeon.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.