[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /g/uys. I'm looking to replace my trusty Acer c720
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: C720-zoom-big.png (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
C720-zoom-big.png
1 MB, 1200x1200
Sup /g/uys.

I'm looking to replace my trusty Acer c720 4GB with a MacBook Pro Retina 13.3".

Pros of the c270 I don't want to lose:
> lightweight
> fast
> literally fits in my glove compartment
> long battery life (9+ hours)
> sturdy af
> powered by freedom and botnet tech in perfect unholy unison

Reasons why I'm looking for a new laptop:
> underpowered
> pita to run non-linux software
> 1366x768 is literally the number of the devil if the devil had two numbers and wanted to combine them in the world's shittiest resolution

If there are any Pro 13.3" Retina users out there:
> Will I notice the bulk
> Is it heavy
> Can you fit it in your glove compartment
> How shit is the MagSafe 2
> Did you cry when you first laid eyes upon a Retina screen
>>
File: reddit image 19.jpg (50 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
reddit image 19.jpg
50 KB, 450x373
Con:
>Apple Tax
>$1000+
>Social media browsing machine
>>
>>53714833
thank you kind bumper

>>53714884
I make a lot of money, anon. I can pay the apple tax. My concerns are more about portability and heft.
>>
>>53714633
no, you will not notice the bulk.
no, it is not heavy.
depends on your glove compartment. my fiat seicento doesn't fit it, the volvo does.
why would the magsafe 2 be shit? magsafe in general rocks.
yes, absolutely.

if you can afford it and don't mind os x, go for it. i wouldn't recommend linux; the macbook tends to get much more runtime out of the battery running os x.
>>
>>53714633
ITT: OP just realized his comp is just a shitty MBP clone
>>
>>53714633
Asus Zenbook ux305
>>
>>53714633
>Pros of the c270 I don't want to lose:
>> lightweight
>> fast

You can already eliminate all macintrash.
>>
Just buy an X-series chinkpad
>>
>>53714633
>apple
>>>/lgbt/
>>
> underpowered
You should have gotten the i3 model instead of the Celery model.

> pita to run non-linux software
You can just install Windows 10 on it, to be honest.

https://coolstar.org/chromebook/windows.html

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yfIjx-fJXPvs6EwSdjRnokJ6ktNxeExZmVin9mamVZU/edit?pref=2&pli=1
>>
>>53715338
I have to say, that is very tempting... non-integrated graphics too.
>>
>>53715308
Agreed, previous experience with Linux on a MacBook definitely gives me the impression that OS X is better at MacBook power management (as it should be).

>>53715827
Wow, didn't realize they'd finally got it working. Last time I looked into it, they didn't have any decent drivers available.
>>
Pham I'm buying a new laptop soon as well for uni stuff and going back to china,I'll just hijack OP's thread here and ask if anyone here experienced using a 17inches gaming laptop?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.