[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Millisecond release trigger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: images (1).jpg (15 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15 KB, 384x384
Hey, I've never used this board before but I believe you guys are my only hope with solving an issue I have, so let me tell you my problem.

I need help finding a device or fabricating one that has a millisecond accurate mechanical trigger release.

I'm horrible with my reaction times and I spent hundreds of dollars on this one particular arcade game but I can't continue to play it the way I have been any more.
>>
>>53710387
You dont need a trigger.
You need to get out and start playing some irl sports where its is required to have lighting reflects.
Leave your basement once in a while dude
>>
try /diy/ if this doesn't work
>>
File: 0.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
You guys may be familiar with the game I am talking about but let me explain it for the people who haven't.

This game has prizes that are hidden behind a "key hole" and the goal of the game is to align the key with the key hole by holding down a button for a certain amount of time.

I am aware these games are rigged but I still have plenty of hope, patience and money

If anyone could help I would be forever grateful
>>
Much easier to accomplish what you're trying to do with an embedded system (completely bypass the mechanical switch...) or even software base if said game runs on Windows.
You really haven't given us much information about exactly what you're trying to accomplish. The switch itself isn't going to add any latency, you should be more concerned about your analog to digital conversion here (i.e. the PCB converting the signal to usb or whatever.)
>>
>>53710387
what's the arcade game? Do you really need millisecond accuracy? Cause that is pretty ridiculous, friction in your button will make it pretty hard to press/unpress it with millisecond accuracy.
>>
>>53710387
Ok
>>
>>53710445
i seriously doubt you can reliably hit the expensive prizes on those just by pressing the buttons perfectly
the game most likely is designed to very, very rarely give up an expensive prize, regardless of perfect a game you play
>>
>>53710780
Apart from this, the delay time between when the button is released, and when the actual electrical contact is broken, will vary between button types. Any training OP does will be perfect for the button he's on, and that button only. He'd need to get a button with as close as identical as possible physical characteristics to the one on the game cabinet or his efforts will be for fuck all.
>>
>>53710387
It has to push a button? You want an arduino connected to a linear actuator or maybe a servo.
>>
>>53710846
fuck, OP wants an actuator, not to train his reflexes.

>>53710901
This. Or a solenoid, but that would be noisy as fuck.
>>
>>53710445
honestly i would start working on my dexterity rather than focusing all on reaction time.

if you'r really clumsy i would start with coin stacking
then move onto card stacking

also strengthen your grip. it will help with your arm and finger reaction time. start off with crumpling newspapers with single hands and later on add some grip strengtheners into your routine
>>
step 1 is to admit you have a gambling problem
>>
>>53710445
It's fucking rigged. It will only pay out a certain number of times. Skill with prize games are a legal grey area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skill_with_prize
http://www.seganerds.com/2013/11/06/sega-sued-for-rigging-key-master-vending-game/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxGSaBW36QE

Yes, you could maybe make a robot that plays it by looking at where the position is, but it's fucking rigged. Even if you get it in the right place you are not guaranteed to win. Millisecond timing won't work because the joystick is shit.

I don't think there is really much you can do. One option is to figure out how close the machine is to payout from it's RF emissions and then hit it up.

Now this is extremely doubtful, but if the machine has reflective type limit stops then we might be able to take advantage of machines that are assholes. So one thing that machines like this have are limit stops, which stop it from moving if it hits its limits. One way these machines are assholes is that they displace the key by some set amount. To exploit this, we can shine a laser on the limit stops when we have the key in position, after the key moves past the keyhole, we turn off the lasers. Because hitting a limit switch is bound to to make the machine stop, we can prevent the key from being displaced before it passes the keyhole, if the machines programming is such it might try to apply this displacement, provided an error condition was not triggered. So now if it retracts, we get the prize

Another attack vector might be to apply a highly tuned pulsed RF signal of just the right frequency to make it think it moved a motor when it did not. If we can apply powerfuly enough RF of just the right wavelength, we can induce currents in the wires connecting to the motors encoders, which we can use to fake encoder output.

No wait, seriously OP. You have a gambling problem. Admit it. This isn't worth the time and effort
>>
>>53710387
Arduino, a big button, an lcd and some lines of code
>>
a skimask + crowbar is way cheaper and faster
>>
>>53710387
This post triggered me. (.01ms)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.