[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
redpill me on chrome os /g/ Is there any reason other than price
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: computers suck.png (194 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
computers suck.png
194 KB, 600x400
redpill me on chrome os /g/

Is there any reason other than price I should buy a chromebook over a macbook pro?
>>
Fuck off.
>>
>>53708817
it's lightweight, cloud-based, and literally gentoo
if I was looking for a new laptop I'd get a chromebook over the waves of hot trash running windows
>>
>>53708817
>redpill me on...
I hope the "red pill" you are referring to contains a lethal dose of cyanide
>>
>>53708817
no. stay le blue pilled XD
>>
>>53708844
Sup leddit
>>
>>53708871
pretty sure the "redpill me" is a reddit thing too, so maybe you should join OP and you guys should both kill yourselves
>>
If you have the money for a MacBook Pro, buy it. Chrombooks are for light browsing and you can't do shit to them unles you install a proper linux distro. But again, if you can, get a MacBook.
>>
>>53708896
Does not know what he's talking about but mob mentality, next stop memesters mansion
>>
>>53708817

Chrome spys on you through the proprietary pepperflash plugin and the pdf viewer, sends your identity data to Google servers. Chromium has none of that.
>>
>>53708958
I don't care about being spied on as long as files arent deleted and I'm using something that "just werks"
>>
>>53709007
>I don't care about being spied on
Would you mind giving me read-only remote desktop access to your system? I won't move your mouse or anything, just watch what you're doing.
>>
>>53709036
Apple and google have a reputation for not fucking with my shit. You don't but you being on 4chan is not a good sign
>>
>>53709036
i love when fucking retards like you post shit like this.

how about i just send you my internet history. something that has no fucking bearing on the real world and is all they see.

i bet you cant wait to bring out the 'w.. w.. well you have nothing to hide... tell me your social security number!'
>>
>>53708817
No reason what so ever, just don't call tech support at your ISP mmkay? Call google when shit goes wrong.
>>
File: 1459056536222.png (215 KB, 560x378) Image search: [Google]
1459056536222.png
215 KB, 560x378
>>53708817
fixd
>>
>>53709159
>>53709036
and then you realize that disgruntled retards like this are working at ISPs and other places that handle your personal information.
>>
File: Untitled.png (289 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
289 KB, 560x560
>>53708817
>>53710079
Done
>>
File: liskot_hengailee.gif (2 MB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
liskot_hengailee.gif
2 MB, 400x290
>>53709159
The NSA backdoor gives them complete access to everything on your PC. Of course, they wouldn't use it without a good reason, right?
>>
>>53706501
Magnetic tape can last literally forever is stored correctly, optical disks are a meme replaced by flash storage and the new multi layer discs anyway.
>>53708841
This, fuck windows. Although chrome books probably come with a shit ton of spare installed. I'd find a good linux distribution to throw on there
>>
>>53708817
ChromeOS is based on Gentoo
the meme magic alone should lead you to it
>>
File: fixd.png (425 KB, 871x451) Image search: [Google]
fixd.png
425 KB, 871x451
>>53708817
>>
>>53709036
>a well known company that gives me free services in change of some data
>some random faggot on 4chan
Yeah, it's literally the same thing
>>
I own a Acer Chromebook (CB5) since last August and I would not buy a Chromebook again. Used it mostly for travelling and business trips where I had WiFi access. ChromeOS limitations may seem minimal to your usual computer usage but damn they get annoying.
Everything you can do with a Chromebook you can already do with your Smartphone, except you don't have a keyboard.
Next time I buy a notebook I'd rather spend 5x the price and get a Macbook (not pro).
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.