[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /g/ follow my logic here, maybe I'm crazy and maybe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: Upgrades.jpg (79 KB, 713x556) Image search: [Google]
Upgrades.jpg
79 KB, 713x556
Alright /g/ follow my logic here, maybe I'm crazy and maybe [spoiler]I want to support AMD if I can to keep them in the market[/spoiler]

But check this out I'm going to be upgrading my PC soon, just the CPU

I have a 750K running like 5% OC'd with auto OC on my board because I'm lazy and it's not a very high end board

I want to get into streaming, and I do some video editing from time to time, I don't really do emulation so...

if I get an i5 6500 I get, what 50-60% more performance on average right?

if I get an 8320E, the single core performance remains the same, but when I'm using all 8 cores I get 100% more performance since I'll have twice as many threads

so is there any real reason for me to go for the skylake i5?

Also I get the use the 8320E 50 dollars sooner since I can reuse the DDR3 in my system.

Both have USB 3.1, and that particular AM3+ board gives me M.2 as well, not that I'd ever really use it, also obviously it's a bit higher end with better onboard audio than the H110 board.

I don't plan to upgrade for many a year again, so I'd never bother getting an i7 for it's extra threads.

So am I just crazy or what?
>>
Hey OP.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yBwsRB

How's my AMD build look to you? I want to mainly use it for emulation/gaming.
>>
File: 14214.png (39 KB, 1080x437) Image search: [Google]
14214.png
39 KB, 1080x437
>>53706605
>if I get an 8320E, the single core performance remains the same
Nope, about 30% less. That AMD chip isn't really 8 cores, the fpus are shared.
If you're going to use this pc for years the intel chip is a much better bet. If you really want to support AMD hold off until Zen is released later this year. We're expecting a 40% jump from them. If your ram is 1.3 volt ddr3 rather than 1.6 there are some skylake boards that will support it.
>>
File: aaaaa.png (38 KB, 1082x447) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.png
38 KB, 1082x447
>>53706830
wrong image
>>
>>53706704
If you plan on doing high level emulation or emulating some hard games like MGS 3 you can't use AMD CPUs

also where in the hell are you getting an 880K?

>>53706830
>>53706842
well ya the single core is going to be better, but the multi-threaded performance is what I'm after

The 750K is just a slightly newer architecture, the performance on 4 cores is going to be basically the same as what I have now, but purely for streaming, the FX 8 core is still going to be ahead

plus I want to play around with virtual machines and possibly doing a GPU passthrough so I can use linux as my daily driver
>>
>>53706917
It's a build I've been thinking of doing when the 880k comes out. (sometime in the next month I heard) Emulation wise I'd like to go up to PS2/Dolphin games. My current build is a FX4300+Asus 7770 and while it does emulate pretty decently,I notice some hiccups on some PS2/Dolphin games.
>>
>>53707369
The 880K would hardly be faster than your 4300

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gwBBsY

skylake i5 build, with a bit better PSU than what you had

You're also spending far too much on fans, just get a 120mm fan 4 pack like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200072

And you probably don't need a DVD drive unless you're going to rip your disks

and 16gbs of RAM with a weak CPU is just silly

Also get a sandisk SSD it'll save you some cash, it's $55 or 65 for a 240gb one right now
>>
>>53706605
why are u getting a 970 board? 990fx is the latest and greatest®
>>
>>53707480
Because that 970 board has USB 3.1 and like 10 USB ports in total.

Really though I'm probably just going to save 50 bucks and get the low end ASrock board that's pretty alright, it makes the most sense for getting the FX chip

but ya...I really should just be getting the skylake i5
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.