[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I create a separate partition for steam games? Is it difficult
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1458940842178.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1458940842178.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
Should I create a separate partition for steam games? Is it difficult to expand or decrease the partition size?
>>
up to you

you should google "how to resize partition on [operating system]" read the first guide and judge for yourself whether or not you are too stupid to do this
>>
>>53704659
>add another storage drive
>bam, a new partition

That wasn't so hard.

Just make a new folder, for what reason do you need to make a partition just for Steam?
>>
>>53704741
Yeah for steam
>>
File: technology.png (307 KB, 740x620) Image search: [Google]
technology.png
307 KB, 740x620
>>53704754
>That sentence was a full and complete thought, it even included a period to show it.

I should've known when there was a frog in the original post.
>>
>>53704659
And why would you want to do that?
>>
>>53704741
I need to make a new partition because I reinstall my os a lot. Gets annoying downloading games every time.
>>
>>53704824
>I reinstall my os a lot.

Why, you keep bloating up your system?

Constantly getting viruses because of shitty practices?

Stop being a tard and there will be no proper reason you have to constantly reinstall your OS.

I swear to god if you say it's comfy to have a new install I'm going to make you amphibious for real.
>>
>>53704918
But it is comfy to have a new install. Best way to keep shit minimal.
>>
>>53705002
>Best way to keep shit minimal

How about;

-Regularly scheduled cleaning (you don't even have touch it)

-Not downloading everything on the internet

-Install what you need and resist personal urges

-Completely delete what you don't need one time, and one time only.
>>
>>53705046
Well that does sound better, but it also sound like more work. Wouldn't it be easier to store everything important on a NAS, then nuke everything you don't need?"
>>
>>53705100
No, download Ccleaner or something as such and set it to wipe selected folders, temp data, and cookies at a set time. Something like 0300-0400 when you aren't using your computer.

You can even set it to wipe your download folders so if you keep downloading shit, it'll clean it out unless you moved it somewhere else for keeps.
It'll force you to think twice about what to "right-click, save as" all the damn time.
>>
I think I'll give that a try. Thanks.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.