[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/gm ail-security-warnings-up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160326_231424.jpg (45 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160326_231424.jpg
45 KB, 720x405
http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/gmail-security-warnings-update/
>GMAIL WILL NOW WARN YOU IF YOU’RE BEING TARGETED BY THE GOVERNMENT

>Google is also continuing the fight against state-sponsored attacks, showing a full-page warning when it thinks you’re being targeted by a government-backed hacker. Google does mention in a blog post that less than 0.1 percent of Gmail users will be receiving this warning, however, it highlights the importance of the warnings because of the fact that the people getting them are often journalists, policy-makers, and activists

BASED BOTNET
>>
that explains my missing email conversations
>>
spoopy notification!
>>
Thanks, moot. <3
>>
This is... Surprisingly good.

Thanks moot.
>>
That would be meaningful if Google weren't part of PRISM.
>>
>implying Google isn't completely in bed with the government
>implying this isn't a stunt to make criminals think they're safer on gmail so they use it for their criminal shit and quickly get caught by the law enforcement tracking their google account after google fails to actually notify them
>>
>>53702148
PRISM isn't exactly voluntary.
>>
>the people getting them are often journalists, policy-makers, and activists
Sounds like a great way to get free publicity.
Not that Google needs it.
>>
>>53701826

Google was against SOPA and PIPA so maybe they're not so bad?
>>
>>53701826
yes joy use gmail we wont monitor you hehe *tips seeyah cap*
>>
>>53702148
They could have given up as company.

See: lavabit
>>
File: 1458009542815.jpg (46 KB, 580x604) Image search: [Google]
1458009542815.jpg
46 KB, 580x604
>>53701826
>Are you an Arabic speaker?
>>
>>53702126
does moot still visit 4chan but as an anon now?
>>
>Email service that is part of NSA is fighting NSA
>>
>>53704761
>does moot still visit 4chan but as an anon now?
I would be shocked if he doesnt browse now and then. The guy always said that 4chan was a huge (read: his entire) life
>>
>>53702199
>implying this says it's stopping the government
>not just warning you that it happened when it's too late anyways
>implying your argument makes sense to anyone with reading comprehension
>>
>>53704785
Anon, Google is not with the NSA. Google doesn't like the NSA because both the NSA and Google want exclusive control over your private information. They will never get along.
>>
>>53701922
>>53702126
>>53704761
>>53704825

What is a moot?
>>
>>53705450
Man I know this is bait but still...
>>
>>53702199
This is it.

Google has to hand over their shit and since they are in the market of targeted ads they have an unbelievable amount of information on everyone.
>>
>>53705450
vpn client
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.