[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Urgent help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: a.jpg (11 KB, 209x314) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
11 KB, 209x314
I'm having trouble booting up my brand new rig and I need your help to even identify the problem.

I have put every single component together (pretty sure properly), connected the eatx 12v and eatxpwr cables (first pin in the correct hole), all the fans and all the front panel cables with correct polarity as well but the system won't just boot. Nothing happens when I hit the power button on the case. All I get is lit up reset and power buttons (red) and blinking (period is 3-4 seconds) leds just underneath the pch heatsink on my mobo, none of the fans are running, not even the one on the psu. Appreciate any suggestion.

mobo: asus z170 pro
cpu: 6600k
ram: vengeance lpx ddr4 8gb
gpu: amd r9 390
psu is a 1kw coolermaster
drive is a corsair force gt ssd connected to the so called "os drive" sata socket on mobo
>>
>>>/sqt/
>>
>>53699878
thanks, my first time on /g/, didn't know the sqt was for such things
>>
>>53699740
I can tell you right from the bat that the motherboard is touching the case and short circuiting. Cheers
>>
>>53700009
thanks but I've rather got a question, what exactly do you mean by mobo touching the case? Because it is surely touching it since I had to screw it to the sidepanel of the case anyway.
>>
>>53700062
He means the standoffs are not in place, op from the other thread, checking mine now.

Althought i dont see why my standoffs wouldnt raise the mobo high enough
>>
>>53700105
ok I'll check mine too, such a shame I have to remove every single cable now.
>>
>>53700117
Im more worried about how hard im suppost to screw in the standoffs as they were in pretty good, dont know how i could be grounding
>>
>>53700152
oh boy, I think I already have bad news. I have just checked the standoff screw which is included in my case and it seems a LOT longer than the one which I have used right now (the one came with mobo). I hope this doesn't do any damage to some sort of pins at the back of my mobo tho
>>
>>53700227
Hmm well i just tried mine out side the case and still just lights, no power on or fans, fansgonna check the cpu now.
>>
>>53700286
I hope you'll find out what's wrong, as I've just did and all thanks to that "high end" case I've fucked up my mobo. Damage is already done thanks to the short standoff, most of the bottom pins at the back are bent :@
>>
>>53700450
Atleast you can play games... thanks anyway.
>>
>>53700511
I doubt, given the hope that the rig will work even after I try to fix every single bent and shorting pins, now I don't think the cpu cooler will work properly since it must've been designed to work with regular, short standoffs used by like every other human being. fuck me buying a bloody high end case, what was I thinking.
>>
>>53700631
> I don't think the cpu cooler will work properly since it must've been designed to work with regular, short standoffs
You wot m8 ?
Aftermarket CPU coolers use backplates to be securely mounted on mobos.
>>
>>53700631
Well i think i need to send my mobo back, no response, just lights, trully pissed
>>
>>53700819
that is exactly what I mean, those backplates and the screws on the heatsink have some sort of stopping standoffs as well, which I think will be too short given the new distance of my mobo now from the backplate of the cooler
>>
>>53701103
You know what, same here as well. Even with the long standoffs, no response whatsoever. I cannot even RMA as I fucked the mobo backpins.
>>
>>53701129
When and where did you buy it?
>>
>>53701474
today online from amazon, is there any luck sending it back?
>>
>>53701564
Thats what im doing, they're picking it up monday.
>>
>>53701909
I don't know about the legal terms but pretty sure they won't accept a broken item caused by "user's fault" (unless I can claim the shitty yet expensive case had a non standard standoff config)
>>
>>53702103
Message them now saying returning because of the box looked open and pins were bent st the back, play dumb. In my case it was doa but i would still say it was their fault.
>>
>>53702103
I set up a return order instantly, and if its from an amazon wholesale like amazon us or eu, they cant really do much but replace or refund, im going with the asus deluxe this time, fingers crossed its all good, good luck on yours too, but im sure you can work around saying it wasnt your fault.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.