[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey anons. I'm looking to buy a laptop. My desktop has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: asdf.jpg (31 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
31 KB, 580x435
Hey anons. I'm looking to buy a laptop.

My desktop has an AMD 8350 and a GTX 970. I'm looking for a laptop ~$1000 or less that I can throw games at. I'm not looking to run GTAV on the thing, since I do have my desktop. But I'd like if I could dev on it (gamedev).

I haven't kept up on laptop specs, so I'm not really sure where to start. I was considering getting something with an i5 and 940m, but apparently the m models are all extremely slow compared to their desktop couterparts? I'm wondering how much slower, etc.

Help me out here, /g/
>>
Oh, and I'm looking to dual boot Windows and Linux, probably either Ubuntu, Mint, and possibly triple boot for SteamOS (I need it, to ensure builds run on it).
>>
>>53699288
What kind of dev are you that you have to ask 4chan for advice? Oh wait.
A game dev.

lol
>>
>>53699288
https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/K501UX/

I own one. My peenor is satisfied.
>>
No memeing but I think a macbook pro or air wouldn't be a terrible choice. It's a solid laptop and you can use the big three operating systems and it has lots of dev support. Also I don't really see a point in dual booting ubuntu and steamos. They're basically the same thing under the hood.
>>
>>53699434
One who doesn't have time to shitpost on /g/ all day about meaningless stuff. It's my job to make games, not to stay up to date with the latest memes.

>>53699627
Not really looking to own a macbook. I've had one from a previous job and it was a pretty awful experience all around (I did triple boot).

>>53699617
Reviews on newegg are pretty bad for it. Any other suggestions? Also looking for something that's 17", not 15"
>>
>>53700231
>It's my job to make games
God you are full of yourself, if you actually knew anything about computer hardware you wouldn't have to ask us.

Anyway get a dell xps
>>
>>53701056
>full of yourself
wat

Man, you're the one with the serious case of assface. Jeez.
>>
>>53700231
http://m.newegg.com/Product/Feedback?itemnumber=N82E16834232821

This is the actual model that I own. I don't see any negative review about it.
>>
>>53699288
i would recomend geting at least a 960m, i have a gayming with an 840m and it runs fine, in 720p. Also dont spect much battery life out of then. Go look up for reviews, they are everywere on the internet, /g isnt tech suport
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.