[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a free email service I can use for my family that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Nannying-Overseas-200x160.jpg (10 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
Nannying-Overseas-200x160.jpg
10 KB, 200x160
What is a free email service I can use for my family that's not PRISM scum?

Don't care, just long as it's endorsed by many (bonus points if overseas).
>>
Just host your own or use gmail and use PGP.

done.
>>
>>53698188
>host your own
Anon, I....
>>
>>53698247
Get an old computer and host the mail server on it.

done.
>>
Zoho
>>
>>53698153
>free
>does not spy on you

your only option here is cock.li, because it's some anon's hobby project and not a business. Otherwise if you want a service that doesn't keep a database of everything you do to sell to advertisers and turn over to the government on demand, you have to pay money. Either a VPS to host your own (many residential IPs are blacklisted, because usually when they run mail servers, it's because they've been infected with spam-sending malware) or a paid service.
>>
>>53698335
Literally this. Zoho is the best product Pajeet ever made.
>>
>>53698188
Encrypted communications are guaranteed to be slurped up by prism and stored.
>>
>>53699104
That's nice, except unencrypted communications are stored too.
>>
>>53700676
True and this is why email should be abandoned.
>>
>>53698434
this.

you can use the family-friendly "firemail.cc" domain
>>
>>53700733
What would you replace it with though? Text messages get stored for even longer and going through other services risks your data getting logged in other ways.
>>
>>53698153
Cock.li is great.
>>
>>53700794
Right now I host my own jabber server with self registration. We use it with pgp keys. Essentially the metadata stays on the server.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.