[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best linux (in terms of security) for a person
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: d_white_book.jpg (81 KB, 430x319) Image search: [Google]
d_white_book.jpg
81 KB, 430x319
What's the best linux (in terms of security) for a person who wishes to write a book?
Say you don't want them to snatch what you write, by keylogging you or just hacking you.
What popular Linux software firewalls are there as well as other security programs one should get?
>>
>>53691482
I'd use OpenBSD and mandoc.
>>
>>53691482
OP just get a cheap word processor or old pc that does NOT EVER connect to the internet. rip out the NIC and Wireless if you have to.
simplest cheapest answer ever...
>and no, i'm not being glib. i'm actually fucking serious.
>>
>>53691736
Pretty much this OP. Just get a typewriter.
>>
The PC that doesn't have any network drivers installed.
>>
>>53691736
This. If you really are paranoid, just get a machine that you don't connect to the internet ever.
>>
Typewriter
>>
>>53691736
This
>>
>>53691736
Actually it's pretty easy to track machines with no internet connection too. It's not so easy as if when machine is online but still.
>>
lmao no one is trying to steal your shitty book
>>
>>53692446
Not when they've had their network cards removed
>>
>>53692446
Ok if we're going into physical control then it wouldn't matter if he just wrote it on paper or etched it in stone.
The content will still safe if you physically disable the NIC. Op's epic book about super secret stuff that he needs to protect from ninjas and the NSA and it's going to make him millions will be safe from outside attack
>>
File: jrr.jpg (134 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
jrr.jpg
134 KB, 1200x900
I recommend a laptop computer running freedos and wordstar. Pic related: it's me.
>>
>>53691482
Why do "writers" care so much about anybody stealing shit from them? Unless you're somebody relevant, nobody could care less about your book, it's as worthless as the posts here. Even if your security get's compromised, the people want money or personal information they could sell.

That all said, just get any pc and don't connect it to the web, do research on another and save the results on a thumb drive.
>>
just disconnect it from the internet/network you fucking retard
>>
>>53691482
Haiku is the most safe.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.