[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How minimal is your technology, /gee/? >Have flip phone;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: memephone.png (269 KB, 507x327) Image search: [Google]
memephone.png
269 KB, 507x327
How minimal is your technology, /gee/?

>Have flip phone; will replace with the Light Phone when it's released (pic related)
>Sole computer is a RaspPi 3 running Arch; perfect for my needs

That's it.
>>
lmao

how the fuck do you talk with people
>>
Obvious bait, you need another phone for the light phone to work dumbass, and I doubt your flip phone will work
>>
>>53689783
>White on white
Fuck how are you supposed to see that shit?
>>
>>53689783
I'm amazed at how you people think your technology is "minimal", yet you use Linux or something like that. You clearly have no idea whatsoever of all the kludge, the bugs, the gotos, and basically all the unnecessary and broken bullshit that comes with virtually every piece of software ever made.
>>
>>53689783

>Spending 100 dollars on a light phone.

You know there are things of this nature that exist already for like 15 dollars right matey?

If you are going to get an overpriced feature-phone at least get a Punkt.
>>
>>53689860
Phone calls, email, and Skype.
>>53690114
You don't need another phone for the Light phone to work.
>>53690118
There's a black version.
>>53690133
Arch works for me, and since I have to pretty much install everything manually there's almost no bloat.
>>53690163
The ability to do just slide the damn thing in my wallet appeals to me.
>>
>>53690281
>there's almost no bloat
Wrong. *All* software is flawed and bloated. The second you use Linux, bash, make or fucking gcc you're doomed. If you can't realize this, you're part of the problem.
>>
>>53690281
>The ability to do just slide the damn thing in my wallet appeals to me.

yes I know, that's why I said there are 15 dollar phones that do exactly what you are looking for.

Just google 'credit card sized phone' for a bunch of examples.
>>
There's more to technology than electronics

you fucking nigger
>>
>>53690343
You totally destroy the meaning of 'bloat' if the definition includes every software in existence.
>>
>>53690343
Need better bait, Friend.
>>53690394
Hey- you're right. Thanks Anon. Just saved me $75 bucks.
>>53690412
They're interchangeable terms you aspire fuck.
>>
File: 1392811895493.gif (2 MB, 350x255) Image search: [Google]
1392811895493.gif
2 MB, 350x255
>>53689783
just go to the 7 Eleven and buy a trap phone for $15, you idiot
>>
>>53690457
No, they're not.
Educate yourself before posting more, please.
>>
>>53690457
>They're interchangeable terms
>I'm a retard
>>
I'd actually buy one of those if it wasnt 100.

Maybe like 30-50 dollars.
>>
Well, it's not entirely impossible to avoid bloated crap. OpenBSD is pretty close to legitimately minimal, especially if you stick to cwm exclusively. musl is a great standard C library. It's pretty much perfect. suckless.org has some good shit, but they're primarily Linux, so ech. Either way, it's not entirely impossible to avoid tech bloat. A credit card phone really is the best solution if all you do is text and call, though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.