[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck are these things called
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
Need a wired charger, usb micro. Can only find the travel chargers that are for conventional outlets you find in hotel rooms and houses.

I use a power strip, and don't need a charger taking up the whole fucking extra outlet I'd need.

Help?
>>
>>53684749
>>>/fuckoff/
>>
it's a power supply.
sometimes called power brick

you fucking moron
>>
>>53684782
I know THAT

But what's the difference between a horizontal one and a vertical one? How do you search for one instead of the other?
>>
>>53684767
/g/, a magical place where friendships flourish
>>
>>53685118
one is horizontal and one is vertical
>>
It's an AC to DC converter. If we all used DC as power to their outlets, we wouldn't need that shit.

In terms of vertical or horizontal, it's just a design choice by the manufacturer. I don't know of one that touts its orientation as a selling point.
>>
amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=usb+charger
13.7 million results, and I see several that only take one slot right on the first page
>>
>>53684749
Plug it in to the bottom outlet.
>>
>>53685283
They're also all adapters for USB. I need a wired charger for my desk.
>>
>>53685479
Perhaps "phone charger"?

Most chargers are USB micro these days, removing the USB part of your search term might help filter it.

Why can't you use a USB converter and buy a long enough cord? What are you even using it for? Phones these days tend to come with a USB cord and an AC adapter anyway.
>>
>>53685698
I'm very OCD and anal about what cords I use, and I go through the basic micro-to-usb cables like they're diapers.

Segregating between a simple charger and a cable separate for travel and data would make things easier for me
>>
File: plug shit.png (4 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
plug shit.png
4 KB, 325x244
>>53685426
I have a power strip above my desk where everything is plugged in. I need all six plugs, and using extensions or those three-plug shit things doesn't do it.

Tried to illustrate the dilemma here.
>>
File: 11-120313233630.jpg (52 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
11-120313233630.jpg
52 KB, 350x250
Found an example. Except, this is European, and I'm in America
>>
>>53686772
wall charger, idiot
>>
File: surge1000.jpg (27 KB, 548x350) Image search: [Google]
surge1000.jpg
27 KB, 548x350
>solution
>>
Either plug the USB cable into your computer or other device, or learn to search. There are countless wall chargers that use the design you are asking for.
>>
>>53686870
the solution to burning down your house, is what it is
>>
File: wall charger.png (627 KB, 1344x630) Image search: [Google]
wall charger.png
627 KB, 1344x630
>>53686826
Already covered this. They're horizontal.
>>
File: vertical.png (726 KB, 1674x1009) Image search: [Google]
vertical.png
726 KB, 1674x1009
>>53687760
plenty of vertical ones
>>
>>53686772
And this one you posted is horizontal.

>>53687760
And 3 in the pic have a vertical design.

What the hell are you looking for? Is it a hardwired wall charger? Then search for that. They're rare, much less useful and a few times more expensive, but whatever.
>>
>>53687923
>hardwired wall charger

^this.

They're old and outdated, I'd assume.

>>53687794
These are all the adapter kind
>>
>>53685247
your mother touts her orientation as a selling point
>>
>>53687965
Okay, now do the rest of the searching yourself.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hardwired+wall+charger
>>
The Moto G 2014 2nd gen came with a hardwired one.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.