[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any chance of getting a job as a software developer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1445919360013.jpg (57 KB, 542x602) Image search: [Google]
1445919360013.jpg
57 KB, 542x602
Is there any chance of getting a job as a software developer without a degree or professional experience?
>>
>>53684144
Yes. It's probably low. I don't know though.
>>
Yes, if your dad is the CEO of the company.
>>
Sure, you just have to work harder, but it's not impossible.

I also don't have a degree, but I also went to one of those fancy boot camps and got a job about two months out. A pretty shit job, but it helps pay the bills.
>>
You will compete with a shit ton of curryniggers who will ask for half the money you ask for.
>>
>>53684144
Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.
>>
>>53684144
Depends on where you are a lot, I think. If you live somewhere with great demand, you stand a chance. But if you are in butt-fuck nowhere and there's low demand, employers are always gonna tend towards degreed candidates. Web dev has a lower barrier for non-degrees.
>>
>>53684144
Yeah, but having a fancy piece of paper helps. However, if applicant A has a BS in whatever and no portfolio/experience and then applicant B has a great portfolio and lots of experience then applicant B will most likely be hired.
>>
>>53684305
And applicant B has no degree*
>>
>>53684144
Yeah I'm a webdev and I just took the relevant coursework and wrote it on my resume.
>>
Learn a web framework and use it to throw together a working project on Github. Congrats you are more hireable than most CS majors.
>>
Will take a lot of work on your part. You'll need some impressive GitHub action and network with people in real life.
>>
Sure. I did it.

Throw some shit on Github, apply to jobs, see what happens.
>>
>>53686762
What kind of shit did you throw on github?
>>
>>53684144
I got one 3 weeks ago.

So yes.
>>
>>53686835
Spaghetti code and meme fizzbuzz implementations
>>
fuck off /fa/
maybe if you spent some time obtaining said experience rather than browsing the second shittiest board in all of fashion's rules then you would have a chance but you fucked it up kid
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.