[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Academia general? What did you do your bachelor's/master's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: university.png (3 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
university.png
3 KB, 512x512
Academia general?

What did you do your bachelor's/master's thesis/disertation on? How long did it took you? My bachelor's thesis is due in 4 weeks and I haven't even started.
>>
>>53679625

Where are you going that you need to do a dissertation to get a Bachelor's Degree?

When I was doing my bachelor's (a little over 10 years ago, at UCLA), we didn't need to do a dissertation (well, unless you count long papers for various classes, but I don't really think those fit into the generally accepted definition of 'academic dissertation.'
>>
>>53679824
Pretty sure that you have to do a thesis to get your bachelor's degree in most Euro schools.
>>
please respond
>>
I'm defending my master thesis on a particular type of carbon materials in a couple of weeks. It took me about one year to complete the experiments and 2-3 of weeks to write it down.
>>
>>53682227
how many pages?
>>
before I write this post, please note I turned 18 a couple months back and am not underage.

I've applied to colleges and have been getting back some responses and now am beginning the process of deciding. I have some options: University of Rochester, Rensselaer Polytechnic, Worcester Polytechnic, and Northeastern University. Can anyone recommend any of them/advice on picking any? Anybody go to any of these?
>>
>>53679625
Starting physics at Trinity College, Oxford in October. Doing a 4 year master course. Probably will end up in quantum information by the end but who knows.

>inb4 underage b&
I'm 19
>>
My Bachelor's thesis is due in 2 months. I've already done introduction, research questions and the literature review parts and stuff.

The topic is about the implementation of Agile methods in a specific industry. I need to arrange meetings with the company and collect some data then make some analysis after that its done, I guess.
>>
>>53684458
>bachelor's
Whichever is cheapest and ABET accredited
>>
>>53679625
>What did you do your bachelor's/master's thesis/disertation on?
not computers
>How long did it took you?
4 yrs
>My bachelor's thesis is due in 4 weeks and I haven't even started.
winter commencement is an epic meme, bro
>>
>>53679625
oh you meant just the thesis

~6 months 5 chapters

should've spent 4

>>53679824
most good schools require a capstone

>>53684458
rensselaer or northeastern obv
>>
THI IS THE LOGO OF ARCHIVE.ORG

BAN OP
>>
>>53684087
133 pages
>>
>>53679625
looks way differrent
>>
>>53684458
NE
>>
>>53679625
I solved quantum gravity.. let's hope I will get a Nobel prize
>>
>>53688718
My dissertation is on you're mum
>>
File: 1442868389112.jpg (31 KB, 450x437) Image search: [Google]
1442868389112.jpg
31 KB, 450x437
My dissertation is due in 2 weeks and i haven't started. Haven't even found/read sources. Am i gonna make it bros? I have to write 7k words at least and do some statistical analysis. It's biomed related btw
>>
>>53684458
Go to RPI, I'll be there next year. I'm 18 as well. I got accepted to all the schools you applied to as well but after doing research, RPI is overall the best plus if you get good financial aid, it lasts for all four years with no minimum GPA
>>
phd in gender and diversity in gadgets
>>
im in my second year of studying AI
did i mess up? i feel like i fell for a meme study.
i have to do my bachelors thesis next year
this time next year ill be working on it already
>>
>>53688941
Get to work.
>>
>>53684458
go to RPI
>>
>>53688941
holy shit you're fucked beyond belief
>>
>>53688941
Stop frogposting and go to the library.
>>
My sophomore year is about to end and I still have no idea what the fuck am I doing
>>
>>53679625
ROFL what, you don't have a ms proposal first? how are you so close and havent done anything lol.

Anyways I'm doing my ms thesis for cs, and i implemented an extensible framework/RESTful service that can inject content or exam-like environments in modal-esque feeling, all built from a simple flat files defining options, test cases to run, etc. (hope that makes sense, im high)

I'm about 5 weeks from due date and i'm like 90% done, so I took a year. but In my defense I worked through the first semester of my thesis so i didnt work on it much. I could have easily done it in like 6 months max.
>>
>>53679625
I did my master thesis on evaluating some latency reducing retransmission schemes for TCP in the Linux kernel. I spent a lot of time implementing this packet trace analysis tool that took both receiver and sender-side trace, setting up a network testbed, implementing a kprobe kernel module to investigate qdisc packet drops etc. I also helped my fellow master student somewhat with his related thesis and we now have a Linux patch that is acked and we are considering to start writing an IETF draft for this work together.

>How long did it took you?
Way too long (2 years for the dissertation itself), but in my defence I also worked full time as a programmer while doing it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.