[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the phone equivalent of a "pro" grade workstation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 33-Xperia-Z3-[1].jpg (35 KB, 616x411) Image search: [Google]
33-Xperia-Z3-[1].jpg
35 KB, 616x411
What is the phone equivalent of a "pro" grade workstation PC?

That would be a phone which is
>very reliable
>long battery life
>very high performance
>very tough
>extremely expensive

The phone equivalent of a Dell Precision or HP Z series.
>>
iphone 6s

it has NAND controller
>>
Why the fuck would you need "very high performance" in a phone?
>>
>>53674079
Yeah, its called a fucking laptop.
>>
File: 1458834637169.png (72 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1458834637169.png
72 KB, 625x626
>>53674086
>>
>>53674079
I got u senpai

http://www.catphones.com/en-gb
>>
powerful netbook with VOIP + 3g/4g dongle
>>
>>53674088
Maybe you're a photographer and you need a screen with a full adobe color gamut, as well as the ability to flick between huge raw files quickly. I would categorize that as high performance.
>>
>>53674115
This is neat.
>>
>>53674115
>exclusively on Verizon Wireless
Well fuck that.
>>
>>53674173
I can't help that the american phone market is cucked sorry anon

it's not sold carrier locked in my country because that is illegal
>>
>>53674141
>Maybe you're a photographer
stop

if you're a photographer you should have an actual camera film or digital, not a smartphone as a substitute
>>
>>53674141
>photographer
>phone camera
>>
>>53674266
>>53674253

You don't take the photos with your phone (although I'm sure photographers would appreciate a nice built in camera), but you put them on there while you're out and about to look at them on the nice phone screen.
>>
>>53674302
>manlet phone screen
>nice
>>
>>53674312
It wouldn't be that small.
>>
I really can't think of one. It used to be Blackberry. The priv is not looking that great on performance or battery life though.

Best bet would be the latest Galaxy or iPhone, with a battery case
>>
>>53674302
You're retarded.

I know the $1000 high end cameras features a the same and if not better processing of much MUCH bigger image files.

You also can get 50mp is quality. This is 48x the best phone out there.

>You are being retarded with your logic for wanting/needing a phone.
>>
>>53674490
According to a few google search it's still Blackberry. Very popular among politicians and executives.
>>
>>53674533
Your point has already been addressed, dummy.
>>
>>53674573
Something like this.
http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-passport/overview.html
>>
>>53674590

Why should my point even be said.

I mean it is common fucking sense.
Dedicated Cameras > photographers
Phone cameras > Facebook or shitty tumblr posts.

Phone cameras are fucking garbage.
>>
>>53674533
Are you retarded? I use my phone to control my DSLR becuase the screen is better I can control ISO, Focus and everything else better then with the shitty Canon remote. Plus, I see everything in real time and don't shake the camera when I'm 2m away. Good screen and long battery life a necassary for this.
>>
>>53674639
>Are you retarded? I use my phone to control my DSLR becuase the screen is better I can control ISO,

So you use a phone to do a job that an accessory can do?
What fucking shit is this. I mean I can get a 1080 remote screen devices that plugs directly into my camera. It does not require charging every night.
>>
>>53674625
No shit? good thing I already said

>>53674302
>You don't take the photos with your phone
>>
>>53674668
You're retarded.

Triggered yet?
>>
>>53674664
Do you know how many damn gadgets photographers have to carry around already? If they can use their phone as a camera screen that's one less thing.
>>
Why does /g/ always make up the most fucking outlandish use cases for things that are not meant at all for doing those tasks?

Get a laptop you retard.
>>
>>53674664
Exactly. Why spend money on an accessory when a phone can do the same. I always carry my phone around me and besides that, there are a shitload of other applications for it.
Also, the functionality of the unofficial app is wayyyy better.
>>
>>53674688
Oh no. Cry me a fucking river.

Maybe these cunts should maybe harden up.
After all, we do not need more photographers in the world.
>>
>>53674697
>Why does /g/ always make up the most fucking outlandish use cases for things that are not meant at all for doing those tasks?

I dare you to name three other examples.
>>
>>53674302
If you really want to check photos on a bigger screen than what the camera has, why wouldn't you use a tablet? The pure DPI doesn't help enough if you are looking at a photo where you want to and need to see all the details. You want the larger screen too for that.
>>
>>53675030
Then you'd have to carry a phone and tablet.
>>
Wow thats an ugly paki OP
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.