[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting Started In Software Development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: burgie.jpg (307 KB, 956x1004) Image search: [Google]
burgie.jpg
307 KB, 956x1004
I hate web development. It feels like a fucking circus, everyone wants unrealistically cheap slave labor, you spend most of your day putting out fires and dealing with server related bullshit or doing remedial tasks for cheap clients.

Freelancing for web development is even worse. Everyone wants an American web developer at Punjeet and Rakesh prices. "You can't do a PSD to Wordpress for $100? Fucking greedy developers."

I want to get into software development. They make far more money and every actual dev I've talked to loves their job.

What's the best way to get started so you can get into freelancing and actually make some money? I just want to forget the past four years of my life and web dev period. I fucking hate it and it sucks.
>>
Learn a language. If you already know JavaScript, learn a sane language.
>>
>>53671917
Let this be a lesson, children. From the very beginning, try to avoid web dev jobs or else it will suck you in. You really don't want that.
>>
>>53672051
Then what? How to i obtain money?
>>
>>53674020
this

also
>I want to get into software development. They make far more money and every actual dev I've talked to loves their job.
u need 2 talk 2 moar devs...
>>
>>53674061
1. learn shit
2. do shit
3. ????
4. stuff your pockets with guacamole
>>
>>53674279
>>53674061
more detailed: learn how to do a specific software stack (u can pivot well with js under your belt, learn one of the FOTM frameworks) and go find a shill-worthy "software engineer I" job where they essentially want you to make a fancy web app with javascript.

not too far from your discipline but hopefully much higher paid than webdev in your area. in my area an SE I doing that could make almost 75k before needing actual experience. ride the dev bootcamp gravy train if you have to, but dont come crying to /g/ once the rest of the business world wakes up and realizes what a sham it is
>>
>>53674279
>>53674317
I'm not OP btw.
After i've learned how to use certain languages, libraries, frameworks, and how to implement & analyze algorithms, how do i actually find a job?
I can do pretty much anything. But nobody every thought me how to find a job and interact with people. I just sit in my room all day.
Do i just send out a mail to all the companies that i want to work at?
Do i search "hiring X developer" on google?
Do i register on freelance websites and try there?
What do i do with my knowledge?
>>
>>53674450
try all of that. and make a linkedin. it's what the normies use to hunt for talent. start building a profile across other recruiter cesspools like hired, glassdoor, and stackoverflow. you're bound to get hit with some offers if you have FOTM langs and frames on ur page.

after that it's just meeting up for an interview and trying to keep all your spaghetti in check
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.