[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has g ever gotten a case that shorts out the motherboard? Mine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1200732.jpg (43 KB, 501x700) Image search: [Google]
1200732.jpg
43 KB, 501x700
Has g ever gotten a case that shorts out the motherboard? Mine is shorting out and I'm not getting any display input from the graphic card or the motherboard HDMI. It's in this endless cycle of powering up, powering off and powering on again until the PSU is off.
>>
Take out the PSU, look for the little vents for air. Now start jerking off, when you cum, get it in the vents on your PSU. Make you you get enough of it to get through, itll improve the powerflow of your PSU and prevent your case from shorting out the electricity
>>
>>53668665
>case that shorts motherboard
You used standoffs, amirite?
>>
Are you using the standoffs?
>>
>>53668665
How do you know it's the case? Have you tried booting your computer outside the case on a non conductive surface?

Have you tried turning it off and turning it on again?
>>
>>53668764
>>53668766
>>53668780
Yes, I used standoffs and I RMA'd the processor and the motherboard. Using entirely new PSU/GPU/memory as well

Its a complete rebuild
>>
Bump for what's wrong with standoffs
>>
>>53668665
How do you know it's shorting from the case? Maybe it's the RAM or something. Check everything.
>>
>>53669095
Memory and hard drive isn't even inserted, GPU is brand new, CPU and motherboard are replacements because of a shorting issue

I have checked everything. People keep talking about standoffs though.
>>
>>63550837
Bump for standoffs?
>>
File: 1458805038305.png (118 KB, 485x500) Image search: [Google]
1458805038305.png
118 KB, 485x500
>>53669122
Dude, you gotta put the RAM in.
One at a time so you can find which one is bad.
>>
>>53668879
You are an idiot if you RMAed the processor and motherboard when the system was working fine outside your case. People like you give DIYers a bad name, jack up the prices for everyone, and create things like 'tier 1 tech support scripts' read by Indians.
>>
>>53669294
Why would I put in the ram when it's not necessary for bios?

Its not the memory.
>>
>>53669294
This, and make sure they go in the proper slots. Check the book that came with your motherboard.
>>
>>53669311
I didn't check if it ran outside the case.
>>
>>53669324
Dog, that's like the first thing the MB checks on post right after the CPU.
>>
>>53669349
Well, that's the first step. Why the fuck would you install all that shit in a case before you even know whether it works?
>>
>>53669372
Because I don't want to run my processor without a heatsink for a minute.
>>
File: 13694133.jpg (62 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
13694133.jpg
62 KB, 300x225
>>53669441
Alright so everything else but the RAM, GPU, and heatsink are in? It won't boot without the RAM so just plug it in real quick. If you're just booting, your CPU won't die even if you started up Prime95, which you aren't. It shuts off if it gets too hot anyway. Otherwise pic.
>>
>>53669552
Yeah booting is no prob. Personally I hold my fingers on the CPU and when it starts to burn me, I hit the PSU switch.
>>
>>53669069
you prob had them in the wrong spots, so one would touch the bottom of the mobo and short it. You gotta test outside the case, then check that all the standoffs align with the screw holes in the mobo and that there aren't any extras
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.