[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do battery booster and cleaner apps actually work or are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 3952a41197f2.png (96 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
3952a41197f2.png
96 KB, 512x512
Do battery booster and cleaner apps actually work or are they just placebos?
>>
>>53664841
I dunno
>>
>>53664841
works on my device (galaxy s5)
>>
Only one I used is Juice Defender but that didn't do shit.
I don't really think they do.
>>
Updating to Marshmallow seems to get rid of some residual phantom drain that some apps invariably introduce. Other than that, turn off location, internet, WiFi, everything when you're not using it.
>>
>>53664841
Waste of time.
>>
>>53664841
is it possible to give an app permission to underclock the cpu, to save power? or does ARM do that on its own already?
>>
>>53664841
performing a factory reset is not a placebo
>>
>>53665219
ARM does this automatically, though if you have a rooted device you can modify the parameters it uses.

You shouldn't though, usually the parameters are fine, you just have dumb shit on your device.
>>
No, all they do is turn apps off, which just turn themselves back on anyway. Those battery booster apps actually end up draining the battery more.
>>
>>53664841
the only legit battery booster is Amplify. and you have to not be a dumbass to use it, so you're fucked OP
>>
Just use greenify
>>
yeah you should drain your phone battery to 0%, leave it in the fridge, and charge it from cold so your battery memory doesn't stop it from charging fully.

also remember to reboot daily, defrag your storage, uninstall your apps after use or hourly to prevent bloat, compress system32, and every single other Just One Little Trick that you pretend to have used on your parents' Windows 95 PC
>>
>>53666167
how long do u put it in for?
>>
>>53665388
If your device is unrooted, sure. Purify with root access shuts down apps then prevents them from restarting. It legitimately makes you battery way better.
>>
>>53666377
And is then in return an app that is constantly running.
With the new Android updates, you can go into your setting and set your apps to not run in the background. I don't see why you would need that anyway.
>>
>>53666334
as long as it takes to torrent that Windows.XP.64.BLACK.EDITION.GAME-ENHANCED.-TEAMSTARKILLER.rar because nobody actually knows what their computer does or how it works, so clutch onto any old wisdoms of truth you remember growing up with
>>
>>53666167
no this is completely wrong, that advice is for nicad batteries, modern phones use lithium ion cells, so dont run it down to 0. lion cells have no memory effect. (or are you being sarcastic, in which case ok)
>>
>>53666449
the joke is, every single piece of advice in these threads could come from the mouth of the kind of person who gets excited because their internet told them they won a prize!!

any 'battery optimiser' or whatever is snake oil at best, or is counterproductive to harmful at worst as it breaks the way your OS and apps expect to work. (qualifier: on sane, first-world devices and not the chink/walmart phones /g/ fetishises)
>>
>>53666551
heh, thanks
>>
the os manages its own resources in the background, silently ending old apps and holding newer ones frozen in memory until they're needed. and yet people don't believe this, for some reason. some people still have this weird compulsive idea that their phone needs to be monitored and janitored and there's apps to swipe away and they're Doing Something which releases the feel-good endorphins but it's one big counterproductive waste in the end
>>
>>53666430
>nobody actually knows what their computer does or how it works, so clutch onto any old wisdoms of truth you remember growing up with
including you.
>>
The savings from Amplify are measurable. It's more noticeable if there's a bug in your ROM or an app that causes it to drain batter. Idle battery life increases after blocking wakelocks.

RAM cleaners don't do anything useful
>>
>>53664927
>touchwizz
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.