[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so /g, i can get a surface book for 50% off from where i work,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: asdf.jpg (57 KB, 962x542) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
57 KB, 962x542
so /g, i can get a surface book for 50% off from where i work, i was thinking about going with the i5/256 gb of storage with the gpu for just over 1000 with tax, do you think that this is worth it or am i falling for the meme?
>>
For that kind of money it's well worth going for.
>>
>>53664719
thank you anon
>>
>>53664707
Current surface gen has nothing to complain about apart from the w10 meme.
>>
>>53664707
i also should say that im 18 and will be spending a majority of my savings on this, is it still a good idea?
>>
>>53664781
If it's going to put you into trouble, then no it's not a good idea.
If you have to ask that question, it would generally say its not a good idea.
Don't spend above your means, buy what you can comfortably afford. I made that very mistake all the time when I was younger and got fucked every time.
>>
>>53664899
Wise words my friend
>>
>>53664781
It's an even better idea, because you can buy it and sell it at 100% price and double your savings.

Your company is literally giving you free money.
>>
Are you really gonna miss it's functionality if you went with a non-touch, non-pen normal laptop?
>>
>>53664707
It's alright deal.

>>53664781
Now this changes things, rather not then, unless you immediately need it for work.

>>53665126
Anon is unlikely to get more than 1-1.1k from it. This isn't Apple.

>>53665212
No, touch is a useless gimmick. Tablet mode with pen is nice ... if it weren't for 2h.
>>
>>53664781
I would personally suggest you get a cheaper device.
>>
>>53664781

>Majority of savings
>$1000

is this really true? save your money
>>
Nope
If you want a good PC with touch and pen, go sure with an X2x0Tablet

Won't cost you a fortune (Got a x230Tablet for 340$ shipping included) and it has quite the same specs, and you can upgrade RAM and storage if you you don't find yourself confortable with the ram/storage
>>
>>53664707
I would suggest you check if you can sell this to someone almost on retail price saying that you are getting them a 100 or 200 dollar discount and then making the move to buy it and reselling it to profit from it.
Later on you can buy yourself something with those profits and kepp your savings intact.
>>
>>53664707
Get some extra nubs for the base to stop the hinge from scratching your desk.
>>
>>53664707
You waiting for April 7th for the extra 300 coupons?
>>
>>53664707
Yes it is more than worth it
>>
>>53668149
What is this?
>>
>>53664781
>I can get a surface 50% off where I work at 18
Are you on of those rajeesh that hurled himself into a tech job with first year java experience?
>>
>>53668149
the what
>>
>>53668263
I assumed OP is talking about a deal for Best Buy employees where they get any SP4/SB model for 50 percent off. I'm waiting for April 7th so I can hopefully get my hands on a coupon.
>>
i owned a surface book and really liked it, one problem every time i used the dgpu and moved or bumped it the system would hard lock on me and have to be restarted ..... needless to say i returned it for a full refund witch was nice since i was past my 30 days
>>
>>53664707
How many can you buy at once?
>>
>>53664781
>spend a majority of you saving on a laptop
Are you a fucking idiot?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.