[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which NSA databases do you appear in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Snowden_datass.jpg (38 KB, 306x538) Image search: [Google]
Snowden_datass.jpg
38 KB, 306x538
Which NSA databases do you appear in and how much information do they have about you? Keep in mind that data collection for all of these is passive and doesn't require the NSA to target you for this data to be collected. Also, for US citizens the NSA doesn't consider it to be violating your 4th amendment rights as long as they don't look at the data collected on US citizens without a warrant, even thought there's nothing keeping them (or the FBI that they recently gave access to all of their databases) from doing so.

>XKeyscore
Stores any data sent over the internet that isn't encrypted such as your searches, emails, posts, etc. for 3-5 days.

>MARINA
Stores metadata for all internet traffic. Possibly including HTTP headers so your entire internet history down to the pages you visited for every website you visit that doesn't use HTTPS and just the more general history of what website if the website does support HTTPS. Stores data for 1 year.

>MAINWAY
Stores metadata related to phonecalls such as caller, receiver, date/time of call, length of call, etc. for 5 year.

>DISHFIRE
Stores text messages for 1 or more years.

>FASCIA
Metadata about cellphone connections to cell towers. Stores data for an unknown amount of time.
>>
the one with the, uh

SUPER SEKRET NSA ULTRA-VIOLENT-MONSTER-CARB-FREE-ENERGY-DRINK [ GIGANIGGER(TM) ] CLANDESTINE FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

database
>>
Where do you have this info from, OP?
>>
>>53663712
Are you serious nigger?
>>
>>53663712
Snowden's leaks. For reasons unknown to me, when they get brought up on /g/ anons are just interested in what the NSA can do when they actually target people and not the NSA's passive data collection measures that affect everyone.
>>
20141228-spiegel-nsa_presentation_on_the_development_of_attacks_on_vpn.pdf
>>
>>53663424
>2005
>Google introduces health or fitness or whatever they called it
>I give them all my info, height, weight, age, n every shit so they can calculate my body mass index
>"wow it's so cool"
>2015
>"what have I done"
>>
who hype for https://theintercept.com/a-conversation-about-privacy/
>>
>>53663424
>Comment in this thread to appear in one more.

The visceral arm of big brother reaches further than its eye could ever see; we all of us already behave as if our actions are silently judged.

The damage is done.
>>
>>53665024
But more people who are fully aware of what's going on means more people to potentially complain and change things
>>
File: 1435541136452.jpg (413 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1435541136452.jpg
413 KB, 3000x2000
i'm in whatever database these guys are querying
>>
>>53666808
That's cool but I now have a question

What do all of those buttons do?
>>
>>53666901
the touch screen controls what's shown on the monitors on the wall.

the switchview is a KVM switch.

the line buttons on the phone are for accessing internal lines. since those are hotlines, they aren't configured for any extra internal lines, just for answering and placing calls to a single source.
>>
>>53666959
Why do you need to display two nsa logos at the same time?
>>
File: 1451361086638.png (396 KB, 637x390) Image search: [Google]
1451361086638.png
396 KB, 637x390
>>53667008
ask this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXVDi15kZvA
>>
>>53667119
That video doesn't explain it though, and that guy is ugly
>>
>>53667008
why are you acting like the person who posted that picture has ever been inside that building?
>>
>>53667275
Snowden posted to 4chan. It could happen.
>>
File: proofs.jpg (97 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
proofs.jpg
97 KB, 555x555
>>53667339
>Snowden posted to 4chan.
>>
>>53667339
the picture is straight off of google and from a completely different news article you fucking dip
>>
>>53667275
Don't be a party pooper anon
>>
File: porblem.png (58 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
porblem.png
58 KB, 480x480
>>53667381
>>
>>53666691

except how do they communicate without attracting the notice of the robot overlords? sftp traffic is logged as suspicious, and crypto is so generally frowned upon
>>
>>53667462
>and crypto is so generally frowned upon
Get more people to use it then. When you're suspicious of everyone then your suspicion doesn't mean much. If everyone was to start using HTTPS for web traffic and GPG for emails then the NSA's XKeyscore database would be useless. The more you use Tor then the less the NSA will be able to store about your internet history in MARINA. Use email instead of texting and you won't appear in DISHFIRE. Ditch your cellphone and they can't store data about it in FASCIA.
>>
>>53663424
There isn't a single thing about me on the Internet, I didn't have access to the Internet until I was 16 which was in 2008, and I become friends with a community of nerdy red pillers who warned me about putting any of my personal info on the Internet.

To this day I still follow what they instructed me to do and to this day no one has been able to dox me. Thank you guys if you happen to be reading this.
>>
>>53667610
well, how would someone with a reasonable intellect go about acquiring the skillset to implement your solutions?
>>
>>53667689
>To this day I still follow what they instructed me to do and to this day no one has been able to dox me.
actually in their databases you are associated with your browsing of an extremist site (read:4chan.) with your information being able to be extracted from everything from browsing history to billing info.

the fact that some pubbie skid couldnt use google on you doesnt mean that you cannot be doxed.
>>
>>53667689
Good to hear from you Phil. How are things?
>>
>>53667760
School, K-8th grade. If you had a reasonable intellect you'd realize that he just gave you all the information you should need.
>>
>>53667835
Good
>>
File: Phil-Schiller.jpg (161 KB, 500x632) Image search: [Google]
Phil-Schiller.jpg
161 KB, 500x632
>>53667835
Things are fabulous.
>>
>>53667008
The people working there might forget who they are working for. That would be terrible.
>>
>>53668941
if that's the case then why doesn't it display the Israeli flag?
>>
>>53669199
top kek
>>
>>53667689
>There isn't a single thing about me on the Internet
Maybe not from you, but that won't keep other people from posting shit about you.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.