[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I got a copyright infringement email from Comast for a movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1458741068724.png (44 KB, 512x383) Image search: [Google]
1458741068724.png
44 KB, 512x383
So I got a copyright infringement email from Comast for a movie I did not download.

My downstairs neighbor stole my Wifi password when she was visiting my mom home when I wasn't home once and I believe she did it.

Should I inform them of this and change my wifi password?

I caught her using her Xbox 360 on my wifi once and this is how I know this.

She is a crackhead who cannot afford internet, I am surprised she has a 360.
>>
I'm afraid to question it because they may look into any history they have stored on my, I do pirate animu and shit from private trackers.
>>
Emails arent official documents.

If you are sued for copyright infringement it will always be on paper, never per mail. Learn to identify spam and stop clogging up this board.
>>
>>53662376
This. Comcast won't really do anything unless it's a repeated offense, they just have to send those emails out. Change your wifi password and go on with your life.
>>
>>53662376
It's from comcast, in my comcast email, I got a in site pop up.
>>
>>53662407
She likely downloaded from TPB or some dumb shit.

I already got a strike because of her, should I try and fight to get it removed?
>>
>>53662349
Feels good living in a third world country.Are you from us?How strict are your rules on piracy?
>>
>she can't afford the internet

In what African country do you live?
>>
>>53662486
>CRACKHEAD
She doesn't pay rent either, she does odd jobs for the landlord so he doesn't kick her out like cleaning, and fixing his other properties.

Baltimore so they get broken up a lot.
>>
>>53662486
US
>>
>>53662502
Is she rotting already?
>>
>>53662538
She is missing most her teeth and is sickly thin.
>>
>>53662349
Shit, this is a thing? Um does anyone know of any ISP's that don't do this shit, and doesn't monitor your usage outside of basic functionality? Is this the norm? Because this is news to me, and it's ridiculous.
>>
>>53662578
I know they won't do anything, but having even a single strike makes me furious because I know how not to get caught.

I was retarded for never changing my password though, I'm still salty as fuck though.
>>
Don't respond to it, change your password and convince your mom that it's dangerous to give others the Wi-Fi password because hackers could use it to blow up her computer for ISIS.
>>
>>53662789
Is responding a bad idea?

I'd rather have 0 strikes if possible.
>>
File: 1440399914590.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1440399914590.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>53662349
>crackhead
>xbox360

Sounds quite accurate to me.

Also, why are you not changing internet fo sex? are you a faggot OP?
>>
>>53662554
You hit it yet?
>>
>>53662349
>>Should I change my wifi password?
no, tard. keep it same so they can leech you further
>>
>>53662891
If you do respond to it, try letting them know that you know what the problem is and you've fixed it (changed the wifi password) and ask if you should forward their message to your neighbor
>>
>>53662349
Change WiFi and hide your broadcasting.

Or change the name to a troll Hotspot.

FBI honeypot
NSA van #17
McDonald's free WiFi (people will rage when they find out it's password blocked)
>>
>>53662349
You cant do anything, you're still legally responsible. Just change your password. The same thing happened to me but my downstairs neighbor didn't get me 'caught' pirating, she just downloaded a fuck ton of stuff and I got charged overages for bandwidth use.
>>
File: Crisis Core IM TRYING IM TRYING.jpg (114 KB, 545x1361) Image search: [Google]
Crisis Core IM TRYING IM TRYING.jpg
114 KB, 545x1361
>>53663399
>>
>>53662376
>>53662407
>>53662408
>tfw 1000 Copyright Infringement emails on my Xfinity email
>>
>>53662421
No. Strikes are removed after six months anyway.

>>53662486
USA clearly.
>>
Just make a new letter, but with their information.

Also block them from your router or look into router pranks like redirecting her to a cat website.
>>
>>53663515
This
>>53664950
Or this
>>
>>53662349
What game is that?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.