[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The iPhone 6s is faster than all android phones, why do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: 9.jpg (83 KB, 1273x676) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
83 KB, 1273x676
The iPhone 6s is faster than all android phones, why do you hate iPhone again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10UBsSo6O4I
>>
Personally i dislike the price and the very strixt environment it uses
>>
nexus 6p is a piece of shit anyway, now compare the iPhone 6s plus to something better like an S7 edge.
>>
>>53662110
literally the 2nd video OP posted
>>
File: lmao.jpg (10 KB, 841x109) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
10 KB, 841x109
>>53662063
comments are great
>>
>>53662063
let me explain how /g/ works

a /g/ user is a wannabe-geek that never worked and is at uni / school.

a /g/ user is actually believing that installing gentoo and losing 1 month ricing the screen to make it beautiful but totally unpractical and useless is a good thing

a /g/ user is gay / pedo or both on average, and has issues with anime. that grows paranoia of people spying their pedo files so they think that not using things like chrome will keep them safe.

a /g/ user is poor, so it hates Apple products because they are overpriced (they ARE overpriced, but on a tech board considering the average wage of a developer I would expect less hate just because of that reason)
>>
Because it runs on a locked down watered down piece of shit
even entry level android phones BTFO crapple hardware
>>
>>53662209
that said I don't like iOs so I got a g3 about one year ago and I own a 2015 13 rMBP and a 2015 15 rMBP from work (senior dev on a 10k+ employees enterprise)

iphones are good machines anyway
>>
>>53662209
Why don't you go back to /r/ifag if you don't like it here, faggot?
>>
>>53662217
>even entry level android phones BTFO crapple hardware

How can someone be this delusional?
>>
>>53662235
cause my browser supports tabs so I can open more than a thing at the same time... try to recompile your free browser weirdo
>>
>>53662063
lets see
>overpriced
>shitty environment
>locked down
>software restrictions
>no customization
the only good thing is the hardware
>>
>>53662235
Apple may be overpriced but if you like technology why cant you appreciate a good product when you see one?

Might not have the right features for you but there is no need to be butthurt about it.
>>
Live the glory applel fags, soon the HTC 10 will be released and beat the shit out of you.
>>
>>53662289
Why do you say that? Serious question

Never had an HTC, they dont even sell in my country.
>>
Because I don't care about benchmarks. I expect my phone to call, text, browse the web, and function a 4G hotspot. I do this contently with an underclocked dual core (not sure how much of an underclock but it normally runs at 1.5GHz).
>>
>>53662063
I'll buy an iphone when I'll have an analogue of airdroid to transfer files.
>>
>>53662276
>glorified jail
>good product
Please, leave and never come back.
>>
>apple
shit software
good hardware

>android
average software
average hardware

>bb [almost dead]
good software
shit hardware

>symbian [dead]
good software
good hardware
>>
I don't hate Apple. Hell, meeting Woz someday is on my bucket list. But spending $600+ on a device I rarely use would make poor financial sense. I don't run benches all day, I just look at 4Chan, reply to txt or IM, plays mp3s, and use the disney experience app (which is faster on my zenfone2 laser than my gf's iphone6, especially scrolling and zooming the park maps). Spending $200 was more then enough for my purposes. Now I can take the money I saved and use it toward a vacation and live my life, instead of a "lifestyle device" that no rational person gives 2 shits about.
>>
literally everything androidfags have to say are comments like 'its shit" and "faggots"

lmao try not to be poor next time and actually use apple once faggots
>>
>>53662328
From my own experience, when HTC M8 released it beat iphone in this type of tests
The new HTC 10 look promising too, hope they don't disappoint.
You should try HTC , they change my view about lagdroid t.b.h.
>>
>>53662063
So the 6P did as well as a fucking WP?

HAHAHAHHAHHA holy shit rip in pieces android.

Literally the only reason to buy this crap now is if you're a kid that likes 'emulators' and 'customization'

Literally kills yourself androidplebs.
>>
>>53662257
>>53662209
Are you me?
>>
OSX works faster than Windows.
iOS works faster than Android.
>>
>>53662490
maybe,
are you me?
>>
I use Android because iOS is complete shit.
>>
>>53662209
/thread
>>
>>53662063
Because I don't need a smartphone so there is no need for me to care how fast they go, that would be time consuming researching.

I have a smart phone I bought for almost nothing many years ago from a gypsy that stole it ( iPhone 4s ) - still works very well but I almost never used it outside of phone calls.

I have stock applications.
>>
File: _1_0.jpg (3 MB, 9000x7019) Image search: [Google]
_1_0.jpg
3 MB, 9000x7019
>>53662063
Not a fan of iOS and their recent devices' design are lacking.
Aides from battery, their hardware isn't too shabby.
>>
>>53662063
Gay.
>>
>>53662110
>better
>touchwizz
>>
>>53662380
>gf's
>my
jej
>>
>>53662390
literally everything applefags have to say are comments like 'poorfags'

lmao try not to be a faggot next time and actually use android once faggots
>>
>>53662209
>waah look at me I have $650 to spare, I'm so rich

Nobody is going to believe that you are rich if you try to convince them you are rich with a phone you poorfag
>>
>>53662565
Again with a "something i would say" line.

You must be my doppelgänger..

Im the evil one i sure as hell know that.
>>
I can download a shit tin of free stuff on my android. And I can buy big memory cards. Apple is cool but in my opinion android is better. I have a note 4 and its got a lot more tools. Plus the price is not too shabby compared to apple.
>>
>>>>53662209
/board
>>
Sorry if I sound too illiterate, but is it possible to install pirated apps on an Iphone, if it's jailbreaked, like I can install apk-s on an android?
>>
>>53663253
Yes
>>
>mfw Android beats out WP
I though WP was supposed to be fast and smooth
>>
>>53663292

Thanks. And is there any negatives to jailbreak an Iphone?
>>
>>53663315
Yeah
Can't do it on the latest versions
>>
>>53662907
>touchwizz
>>
I have both an HTC A9 and an iPhone 6s right now
The iPhone is good at its basic phone features but it ends there
100% iPhone is better for normals
However everything I as a /g/ faggot want to do require me using an Android phone such as using a music app of my choice, weird storage setups and actually having a usable file systems for starters
>>
Can't sync my music to it from Linux, as far as I know.
>>
>>53664558
You can but you have to use a program that uses libipod and it might fail
>>
>>53664579
That's a shame. The primary reason I still use Android over iOS is because Android gives me access to at least the home directory without rooting. It's nice to just be able to drag and drop, rather than sync through iTunes or some other big bloaty music player.
>>
>>53662063
>benchmarking a phone by opening apps
wow
>>
>tfw kind of want a 950XL but no apps lmao

suffering

my next phone will surely be an ishit device
>>
>why do you hate iPhone again?

Because they break or crack or die too easy. They literally always hold out on shit that should be standardized while focusing on stupid shit like making the browser 0.8 ms faster (for example, I don't really care how fast it is beyond 4G)

Meanwhile, I have owned multiple phones that have features that piss on iPhones.

Had 1 iPhone 1st version) - dies after getting literally the tiniest droplet of water.
Threw it away and never looked back.

Bought Nokia N8 years ago.
Superior camera to even their latest bullshit iPhone - with aluminium body, expandable memory slot and SD card easy access, etc - physical screenlock, multiple ports. Took some solid hits and drops just dented it and water resistant.

-backup phone for years - Motorola RAZR - battery lasts a fucking week or more, would not die despite repeatedly dropping and getting wet. Had to drive a stake into it's heart to kill it.

-current phone - Sony HD ultra - 6.5 inch screen, superior display, can draw on screen with pen, sketchpad built in, does not scratch (no case or screen protector needed - come at me bros) waterPROOF. Sexy camera, etc
>>
>>53664799
Nice denial
>>
>>53664897
>had 1 phone ta broke because he used poorly
>iPhones break or dia too easy

Retarded logic tbqh
>>
>>53664897
Forgot pic related.
Also, call me clumsy if ya like but my piece of mind is worth this much...
>>
>>53662063
Purely performance wise, are Microsoft's flagship Windows phones any good?
>>
>>53662328
Besides of >>53662395 another point is that they care for their old phones. They didn't upgrade the m7 beyond 5.0.2 but served security updates and don't throttle to get you to buy the current gen. And HTC releases the most eye appealing and optimized android version for their phones.
>>
>>53662063
I like how you can visibly see the S7e lagging in the side by side test. Its not even a little slower, its a lot. Pretty pathetic, I have android but the iPhone impresses me, will probably be my next phone.
>>
>>53664938
Nope, I was texting and it literally starting raining, the smallest of raindrops, like 2/3 tiny fairy tears fall from the sky

>instant fatality

Unacceptable in a phone with this much hype and price range.
There are many phones with better features, maybe not every aesthetic feature, but they can take a locking and keep on ticking.

In the end, my RAZR was so well-used as a backup, after years the gold paint rubbed off to reveal silver, the front had multiple cracks, the buttons were separated from the body, the rear casing was totally missing, and I had to push the battery in, it was covered in grime and lint, etc etc but worked perfectly with no issues, even when damp.

Durability IS a feature, it shouldn't be separate, I have seen too many iPhone users was fucked up phones that are dead or faulty...
>>
>>53664944
Don't know about you but "splashing water on it" is not exactly why most people buy their phones for. Some want shit that just works and gets updates. To everybody their own, eh.
>>
>>53662063
I don't care honestly, my three year old phone still runs fine and I don't need a phone which costs me 600 bucks or more.
>>
File: 1458237381660.png (38 KB, 578x712) Image search: [Google]
1458237381660.png
38 KB, 578x712
>>53662209
>>
>>53662063
Good Lord, S7 is pathetic. What the fuck. How.

No wonder even Googles CEO doesn't want to use their shit.
>>
>>53662063
iPhone doesn't handle multitask in the same way than Android.
Android phones leave the app loaded while iPhones reload it everytime you open it.
>>
>>53666477
Not quite, iOS completely suspends most apps in the background while Android lets them do whatever they want.
>>
>>53662063
That just doesn't really matter to me, I trade that in for a few better apps
>>
>>53662063
I don't like Apple as a company and I refuse to give them my money. Plain and simple.
>>
>>53662209
If there is one thing /g/ isn't I would usually say poor with all these keyboards and 50 dollar pens purchased here.
>>
>>53666477
Its exactly the opposite actually
>>
Its too popular. If apple was some underground brand instead I bet every single /g/entoo here would be defending it with their lifes.
>>
>partner with another phone company
>market phones to opposite demographics and share ideas with each other
>iPhone 5s - Samsung s5, Samsung s6 iPhone 6s
>sit back as both demographics fight each other while buying your phones to prove which one is better
>>
>>53666638
Yes, this.
Applications have more freedom in the background on Android than on iOS. While this also means that developers are under more obligation to make sure their apps don't abuse resources and walklocks, which honestly isn't hard but a lot of developeta on all platforma are shit and take shortcuts, it also means android apps can do things iOS apps can't, like my app that shouts weeaboo shit at me every hour on the hour.

Also, last I saw of these videos there were some apps that were way faster on Android and some that were way faster on iOS which leads me to believe that it is more the developers that determine the difference in performance on the platforns.
>>
>>53662373
Nigga bb is literally making the best phones right now, check out the priv
>>
>>53667000
Check your Priv BB scum.
>>
iphone 6s has NAND controller
>>
i hate iphone because i have to deal with itunes.

I like how my android phones show up as a generic mp3 player with a file system, unlike ios where you have to dick around with itunes and made duplicates of all of your music because apple thinks im to fucking stupid to manage my music manualy with folders.

just let me drag and drop my music like i do on android

oh and the 4 not the 4s is one of the worst phones I've ever used. Its slow as fuck, its only like 8gb,

I installed cydia and it dosent even work right because now this phone is to old, or something about the operating system being old or some shit.

Now I only use it for prank calls with sugar mobile
>>
>>53662063
I hate it for its cancer infused fanbase
>>
>>53668138
this

also overpriced hardware, their marketing team is why everyone buys apple the 99% would buy anything else if it wasn't for the ads
>>
i like the 6 beacuse its really easy to open up

fuck the iphone 4
>>
>>53667994
So do other phones.

They just have an NVMe NAND controller instead of eMMC.
>>
File: 1457888170994.jpg (43 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1457888170994.jpg
43 KB, 400x267
>>53662110
he posted 2 videos fuckwad
>>
>>53666477
>>53666638
Did you faggots even watch the second video? S7 has 4GB RAM, yet it still had to reload all the shit. Android is seriously fucked.

>>53668138
What userbase isn't cancer?
>>
What's a good case for the 6S?
>>
File: 1448218711115.png (866 KB, 900x602) Image search: [Google]
1448218711115.png
866 KB, 900x602
>>53664799
he also performed actions in the apps poopyhead, did you even watch the videos?
>>
I brought a BB Priv, awaiting arrival (next week). I am looking forward to moving on from my dated nexus 5 that has and still does serve me so well.
>>
>>53662063
>pay us $99/year to unlock your phone, kind of, not really
>>
>>53668203
>best hardware in the market
>overpriced

Its called being poor m8
>>
>>53662063
What's even the point anymore? They're fucking phones, they can do all the same shit
>>
>>53669306
>you cant scale pricing
>>
>>53669714
>cant afford the best
>>
File: CAppletalism.jpg (301 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CAppletalism.jpg
301 KB, 1280x720
>>53669805
>choosing not to spend my money on something means i cant afford it
>>
>>53669881
>having cash
Yes, definitely poor or drug dealer.

>>53669714
What fucking price scaling? SE is the fastest phone on the market for 400 bucks, 500 if you want decent storage. There is no faster Android phone AT ANY price. There are some that are bit slower and usually much more expensive, unless we roll with china stuff.

Why the fuck do people suck corporate cock so much? All this AMD vs NV and Android vs Apple shit is so silly.
>>
>>53669805
iPhones are the official phones of welfare queens, everyone gets them on contract for cheap
>>
>>53662063
>>53662063
This looks objective and conclusive
what is the samsung defense for this?
>>
I don't dislike the phone, but the people who use it.
>>
Over 60% of iPhone users are in debt with poor credit.

Probably from the carrier contract they signed to get the phone in the first place.
>>
I own an iPad Air(1st gen) and have my moms old iPhone 6 she gave me when she upgraded as my backup.(Currently have an S7)

Honestly I hate iOS.

You can't just slap a gif on it and expect it to play in the native gallery, the restrictive file system and shitty iTunes.

No emulators because Apple are retarded fucks who don't allow perfectly legal apps in their store.

I like OSX but seriously fuck iOS
>>
>>53670301
http://www.businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4

lmao
>>
File: confused.gif (439 KB, 298x366) Image search: [Google]
confused.gif
439 KB, 298x366
>>53662063
>No coldboot on all devices first
Shit test.
>>
>>53670562
>using a phone that is almost as slow as windows phones because muh gifs and muh emulators

top kek

only on /g/
>>
>>53670723
Now there's a clickbait article if I've ever seen one

Reminder that the world's richest man uses Windows Phone
>>
Pre-ordered my SE today. Happy to be switching over from Lagdroid and finally joining the master race.
>>
>>53670774
Yes, forget all the real data. If they disagree with you is just click bait

Those are clickbait too right?

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2014/04/05/surprise-apples-iphones-are-expensive-so-rich-people-are-more-likely-to-have-them/#4bc3144173ed
http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/26/report-rich-people-prefer-ithings/

Its all a conspiracy
>>
>>53670818
>>53670723
Most Americans buy iPhones, it's not that hard to understand

Meanwhile in Canada people really don't give a shit
>>
>>53670774
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/bill-gates/9768972/Forbidden-fruit-Bill-Gates-kids-banned-from-Apple-gadgets.html

Having to ban use of superior technology. Maybe this is why Windows quality is going down the shitter?
>>
>>53670818
>"rich" people buy brand name things
Not really a surprise, Apple has been successful in making themselves appear as a sort of luxury technology brand
>>
>>53662063
because ios is unusable
>>
>>53670836
I'd do the same desu

If my kids want to use overpriced iToys they can pay for them themselves, it's really that easy
>>
>>53670834
I'm not american, rich people here have more iPhones than any other phone. Just like everywhere else in the world, its not hard to understand either.
>>
>>53670774
http://betanews.com/2014/04/01/bill-gates-loves-his-new-iphone-5s-can-now-beat-bono-at-candy-crush/

Wahahaha.
>>
I don't understand why rich people buying them make them somehow better
>>
>>53670900
>April 1st
>>
>>53670868
That should go for any other tech if you want to be consistent though.

I don't even get faggot parents who buy their kids a fucking smartphone, consoles or gaymer PCs.
>>
>>53670907
Some androidfags are delusional and claim that rich people have androids and poor people have iPhones. I was just pointing that this is wrong tbqh.
>>
>>53670923
Any cheap phone to contact them will do, thing is by then all phones will be smartphones

Better keep them away from iPads as little kids, they can play with my N64 if they want
>>
>>53670943
No one worth a damn gives a shit, only iPhone defenders use "lol poorfags" as an argument
They're probably poor themselves too
>>
>>53670920
Well, that would be too funny to be true, eh.
>>
>>53670971
Whatever man. As long as we are clear that android is a poorfag phone.
>>
>>53671003
Still not relevant to how good a device is

My dad is using a Zenphone 2 he got for $200, then went to buy himself a new S class Mercedes in cash so he could drive to the company he owns and runs while getting a massage
He must be poor too because of the phone he got, right?

You fucking idiots
>>
>>53665835
I thought that too but then I got caught in a rainstorm & the iphone 6s got fucked beyond repair inside my backpack and couldnt be covered under insurance.
>>
>buy $800 phone
>can't change themes or icons or wallpaper/lockscreen

lol apple
>>
>>53671037
The 'how good a device is' part was established in the OP >>53662063

I don't care if you're billionaire and have an Android. Its still a poorfag phone as far as statistics go.
>>
>>53671061

>Can't change wallpaper

wut
>>
>>53670371
>samsung
More like Android/Windows in general. >>53666989
>>
>>53671061
>needing to change UI because the default looks like shit

lmao ricers
>>
File: nexus_vs_iPhone.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
nexus_vs_iPhone.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>53671087
>can load apps half a second faster
>suddenly it's the best out of the best
And when I used to post this iFags used to cry foul
>>
>>53671087
>I don't care if you're billionaire and have an Android. Its still a poorfag phone as far as statistics go.
Neo-/g/ is literal 12 year olds
>>
File: H2C45Yh.jpg (73 KB, 650x550) Image search: [Google]
H2C45Yh.jpg
73 KB, 650x550
>>53671126
>random webm he keeps saved because he is jelly of iPhones
top lel
>>
>>53671126
Half a second per opening over a long time is very very worth it
>>
>>53671186
I have like 3 iPhones collecting dust in a drawer back home, they all suck to use and end up slow as fuck after like 2 updates
>>
>>53671143
Well, its true.

Nice argument though.
>>
>>53671210
>you're still poor if you're rich because I say so
You really are an idiot
>>
>>53671207
Nice anecdotal evidence m8
>>
>>53662063
Hahah, only /g/ would be so proud of owning a phone that's literally built for non-techies. Can't you go post this on Facebook or something? Like, why even bother?
>>
File: ipad_pro_vs_surface_cuck.jpg (634 KB, 1650x2740) Image search: [Google]
ipad_pro_vs_surface_cuck.jpg
634 KB, 1650x2740
>>53662063
> tfw the iPhone SE will have that same processor
It's over for android, also just imagine the iPhone 7 performance, the A10 chip will just obliterate everything.

Apple is ahead since the A7 chip.
>>
>>53671224
Cant you read retard?

Android is statistically a poorfag phone. It doesn't matter if you say to me that you're rich and have an Android.
>>
>>53671231
iPhone slowdons and shitty software upgrades are a very real thing, it's why shit like redd00r existed in the first place

>iPhone 4 didn't get Siri with an upgrade
>Apple said it wouldn't run on the older hardware
>Some teenagers got it working perfectly on the year old phone
Shit like this is why I don't buy iPhones anymore
>>
>>53666971
Yeah but that's not indicative of reality.
>>
>>53671186
iPhone has really fast storage, which is great, but it's not like its performance is scaled the same as its storage speed.

HFS could be holding it back.
>>
>>53662063
Winning or losing a speed test doesn't have too much impact on my daily usage. I don't even play phone games and I also don't open 20 apps at once. However I do care about having a high resolution, a usable OS, front facing speakers, decent camera, and good battery life. Iphones fail on a lot of things that I consider to be deal breakers.
>>
>>53671255
iPhones will reach technological nirvana in a couple of years.

Meanwhile Android flagships cant even increase performance anymore. Its over.
>>
>>53671255
Apple do minor updates with the number iterations.
>>
>>53662510
>OSX works faster than Windows.
Anon...
>>
>>53662206
Nice crop dickhead.
>>
>>53664546
Holy fuck, I finally found an anon who owns an A9. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Whats the audio on the DAC like? Is it better or worse than on the M9?
Is the camera garbage?
Which colour do you have and why?
>>
>>53671283
>getting rid of the 3.5mm jack
>technical nirvana
>>
>nonfree software and proprietary devices that enslave you
>decent phone but is running android stack with proprietary drivers, also made by a company that enforces non-free JS
>another proprietary pass-by, and also >Microsoft
>>
>>53671264
Sure, but we are talking about phones from 2011 running 2016 software. It will happen naturally, you cant expect apple to make an OS with less features just to support these old devices.

Even so, newer iPhones have more powerful hardware which will last longer and longer. My 5s from 2013 runs like new on iOS9, and I'm sure it will be fine for a couple more years at least.

At least you get updates. Unlike android.
>>
The iphone is fast and all but what makes it shit is the fact that it doesn't have real multitasking.

Meanwhile the xperia z3 can hold 9+ apps on its memory without reloading at all and there has been a plethora of newer and stronger phones released since its debut.

Who gives a shit if it's fractions of a second faster in one task when that one task is the only thing it can do? The fact it also has garbage battery life makes the entire thing pointless. A phone should be strong enough for all your needs and carry you throughout the day and the iphone fails at both these crucial points while costing a premium. It's simply useless and the only reason people buy it is because it's expensive, therefore it's a status symbol. It's a full blown out case of the emperor's invisible robes.
>>
>>53671367
the iPhone literally reloads less apps than the s7e in the videos OP posted.
>>
>>53671359
My 1 year old iPhone already had updates left out when it was clearly capable of running them

At least my 2 year old Nexus 5 runs like new on Marshmallow, and when updates do stop running there's a huge aftermarket community waiting
>>
>>53670008
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>53671398
>1 year old iPhone
>not receiving updates

this doesn't exist m8
>>
File: asus-zenfone-2-1.jpg (59 KB, 472x550) Image search: [Google]
asus-zenfone-2-1.jpg
59 KB, 472x550
>>53670008
>There is no faster Android phone AT ANY price
I prefer phones with real processors
>>
>>53670723
>Donald Trump uses a Galaxy
http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/5/9453935/donald-trump-twitter-strategy
Yea only poor people lmao
>>
>>53671431
read
>>53671264
They get updates, thing is that those updates leave out features that newer iPhones have even though the old models can run them just fine
>>
>>53671437
Zenforne 2 come with an A9?
>>
>>53671452
>ARM shit
>>
>>53671446
Statistics m8. Can you into them?
>>
>>53662063
Lets see:
>expensive, I'm not going to drop as much money as I'd spend building a new desktop on a phone
>locked down OS
>can only install Apple approved programs
>smart phones in general suck for web browsing/shitposting in my experience

Not to mention the problems with cell phones in general such as baseband vulnerabilities, stingrays, and the NSA's CO-TRAVELER program and FASCIA database. It's pretty much everything I don't want all rolled into a single device.
>>
>>53671452
>ARM

ayy
>>
>>53671359
>and I'm sure it will be fine for a couple more years at least

oh i am laffin

Go look up the lawsuit from iphone 4s users or every single iteration of the iphone before.

I have experienced this myself with the original ipad, which I bought at launch. Apple said it would perfectly run ios 5 without compromises and everybody updated. Turns out ios 5 made the thing borderline useless and left thousands of people angry. I remember partaking in threads at the time and they were trying to make a class action lawsuit, but I don't know if they did. This has ALWAYS happened with every single apple device and I guarantee you that your iphone 5s will get crippled once ios 10 comes out. And if you didn't save your SHSH blobs, then you will NEVER be able to rollback, meaning you're stuck with a brick.

Apple wants you to keep upgrading. They do not make products for poor people, even their """basic""" products like the iphone SE are expensive as fuck. Even the geniuses at apple stores treat people with slightly outdated apple stuff with utter disdain. I even remember people reporting that the apple geniuses were calling the original ipad an "ancient artifact" at the time.

Here, the thread I carefully followed at the time https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3415448?start=30&tstart=0
>>
>>53671447
iPhone 4 is from 2010 (two thousand and ten)

its not 1 year old its 6 years old, what the fuck did you expect? Show me an android from 2010 that still gets updates.
>>
>>53671483
All of this

I'm not hating Apple as an ass blasted Android fanboy, I'm hating Apple as a ripped off former Apple supporter
>>
>>53671495
Siri cam out in 2011 and the iPhone 4 didn't support it, even though the hardware was more than capable
>>
>>53671483
Original iPad had shit hardware though. iPhone 5s doesn't.

>it will slow down guys I s-s-swear

ok m8
>>
>>53671528
Time makes hardware shit
>>
>>53671464
>qualitative maps
>statistics
Ayy lmao
>>
>>53662110
Fuck off.
>>
Are there any Android roms or versions that have n0 bloatware?

I do not want hangouts and similar shit on my phone.
>>
>>53670776
The masterrace is neither iOS nor Android
>>
>>53671544
>4 different studies posted saying the same thing
>denies all

top delusion

Post something that says the opposite then faggot
>>
>>53671571
Cyanogenmod and don't install Google apps
>>
>>53662880
>>53662565
>>53662490
it hurts
>>
File: apple shit.jpg (694 KB, 3088x1744) Image search: [Google]
apple shit.jpg
694 KB, 3088x1744
>>53671528

Not at the time you idiot AND apple said it would run ios 5 perfectly. So did every iphone up to the 4s and every ipad until the 4, ALL of which were crippled with system updates that barely changed jack fucking shit. Stop sidestepping to save face.

But don't worry, when your 5s gets crippled and you're locked out of rolling back to a previous version os ios because you won't have your SHSH blobs, you'll remember this thread and how much of a fool you were making out of yourself, you idiot.
>>
>>53662063
Too bad that Apple can't even make their own screens and mobos for their phones and need the quality of Samsung to make them. Maybe they need real engineers at Foxxcon
>>
>>53671573
>4 different t studies
Lel you fucking liar. Only one link posted pertinent to the Android poorfag meme and that was the pictoral "data"
>>
File: 1445381967623.jpg (20 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1445381967623.jpg
20 KB, 499x499
>>53671528
>A-APLE WILL T-TOTALLY NOT C-CRIPPLE MY 5S E-EVEN THOUGH T-THEY CRIPPLED EVERY SINGLE I-SHIT BEFORE IT GUYZE!!!
>>
>>53668460
Are you fucking kidding me?

Samshit uses TouchJizz, wow, let's compare it's performance to every other phone that doesn't.

Also, do you really need the best phone? Personally, I'd rather have a lot of features.

Please remember, you guys, this is /g/, NOT /v/. There is literally no reason to get a "gayman" phone.
>>
>>53671587
>y-y-your phone will slow down I s-swear

lmao m8, newer iPhone models (after the A7) are practically future proof. In 2 more years when it still is running smoothly like it is now I'll just get the 7s or whatever.
>>
Daily reminder to you macfags that Samsung manufacturers your precious iPhone CPU
>>
>>53671631
My sister's new Galaxy S6 was already lagging and stuttering compared to my old ass Nexus 5, it was kind of pathetic

Why don people even buy Samsung stuff?
>>
>>53662063
You can't even play WebMs.
>>
>>53671637
>practically future proof.
Full kek.
>>
>>53671616
ok m8

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2014/04/05/surprise-apples-iphones-are-expensive-so-rich-people-are-more-likely-to-have-them/#4bc3144173ed
http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/26/report-rich-people-prefer-ithings/
http://www.businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4

Android = poorfag phone
>>
>>53671637

That's what everybody thought of their iphones and ipads right before they all got crippled as well.

But don't worry, even though you're clearly in fanboy damage control mode right now, time will teach you. iOS 10 is your death.
>>
File: 73wdq.jpg (280 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
73wdq.jpg
280 KB, 2048x1536
>>53671650
>future proof
>never obsolete
>>
>>53671653
Except that's wrong
>>
>>53671668
>>53671637
>>
>>53671637
>newer iPhone models (after the A7) are practically future proof

Just how fucking underage are you?
>>
>>53671667
>I s-swear guys it will slow down

lmao
>>
>LOL U POOR
Is this the only argument Apple fanboys have now days?
>>
>>53662209
>a /g/ user is poor, so it hates Apple products because they are overpriced
any poorfag that isn't spending all his money can save money to buy iphone even on day 1 by selling his old one. ANY, I repeat ANY gadget DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT indicate richfagness.
>>
>>53671681
>>53671629
>>
>>53671680
>>53671678
Of course I know its not going to last forever fucking retards. But AT LEAST two more years.

That's on a 2013 phone that I will be using in 2017-2018 getting full software updates. Unlike your plebdroidshit.
>>
File: AHAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg (171 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AHAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg
171 KB, 1280x720
>>53671720
>But AT LEAST two more years
>>
>>53671694
There is no argument to make. Just look at >>53662063

>lagdroid
>>
>>53671740
iFags used to dismiss tests like these, now the use them as an argument

>b-but it opens half a second faster! w-who needs to be able to run an app in the background?
>>
>>53671753
LOL
everyone that uses apple is a faggot right?
>>
>>53671720
>buying an iphone because you expect it to last for half a decade

You're making it increasingly more evident that you're one of those poorfags that use every last penny they have to afford icrap.
>>
File: 1438077485991.jpg (36 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1438077485991.jpg
36 KB, 600x450
>>53671650
> Galaxy S6 was already lagging
> compared to my old ass Nexus 5
> TouchJizz vs stock Android
It's not even a competition.

> Why don people even buy Samsung stuff?
Gimmick, brand recognition. Screen size (fucking sucks), software by third parties even after it's no longer updated by the manufacturer (Galaxy S3, for example), it's popular, drawing shit with an S-pen or whatever, and MUH PREMIUM FEEL.

They got in early, and they're reaping what they sowed.

>>53671669
pic related
>>
>>53671785
>CEO is literally a fag
>>
>>53664546
>they actually think we can only use one music app

Holy fuck and iOS is a walled garden?
>>
>>53671790
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=play+webm+ios
>>
>>53671785
No.
Everything you say and will ever say is wrong by default.
>>
>>53662786
found the child
>>
>>53671661
It's pretty simple really. The nouveau rich buy Apple devices with their frivolous expenditure (note: faggots) while the old money (who actually care about quality) buy Android.
>>
between all three Phone OS's which is the "freest"? Which one fucks the users the least? Which is more developer friendly?

t.person with still with flip phone considering joining the smartphone brainwashing
>>
>>53671863
Android with a custom rom and no google apps installed
>>
>>53662373
You're right, my n8 worked pretty well except the browser, too bad nokia let it die, they would have made all their budget phone work on Symbian (n8 had just 128mb of ram and it worked OK, better than any android with 512mb of ram)
>>
>>53671825
What is this?
It doesn't work, and I can't bother to fix it.
>>
>Android Pros

cheap
you can 'rice' it

>Android Cons

lags
poor people phone

>iPhone Pros

faster
best looking
best apps
associated with Rich people
more energy efficiency
better build quality
better 3rd & 1st party support
software updates

>iPhone Cons

expensive
>>
>>53671856
> while the old money (who actually care about quality) buy Android.
Gonna have to correct you there, guy, but they buy BlackBerry.

>>53671863
I'd have to say iOS 5. iOS 6 may be better, though, but I haven't tried it.

7 and up are complete horseshit, unlimited tabs or not.

I legitimately thing that every new iOS version is just released to deliver ads to people who use their apps more effectively.
>>
>>53671856
>caring about quality
>buying android

pick 1

also

>i disagree with these articles therefore they are wrong

lol
>>
Because shit touchscreen, shit OS, shit UI, shit botnet.

All smartphones are shit.

Let them die like the garbage they are.
>>
iPhones are like a BMW M3
>fast
>nice
>expensive
>shiny badge

Nicer Android phones are like Mustangs
>teeniest fraction slower, no one will really notice
>not as "refined"
>inexpensive relative to what you're getting
>blue collar image

Is the 33% bump in price really worth that fraction of a second you'll never notice?

Besides, the cheaper stuff can be made into something much better
Or you can just buy something else with the money you save
>>
>>53671879
A link that opens a fake google page and googles it for you since you're apparently incapable of it
>>
>>53672009
Incapable of what?
>>
>>53672027
Using Google
>>
>>53672046
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>53672081
Pretty sure I'm on /g/, where do YOU think you are?
>>
File: 0a.jpg (33 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
0a.jpg
33 KB, 500x265
>>53672092
0/10
>>
>>53672115
What?
>>
>>53672125
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=suicide
>>
>>53672153
no u
>>
>>53672168
see
>>53672115

CAPTCHA: STOP Alcott
>>
>>53672199
see >>53672168
>>
>>53662209
Back to Facebook
>>
File: mistakeHellaop.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
mistakeHellaop.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>53672205
>>53672199
>>53672168
>>53672153
>>53672125
>>53672115
>>53672092
>>53672081
>Where do you think you are?
>>53672046
>>53672027
>>53672009
>>53671879
>>53671825

Full spectrum autism.

It has a nice ring to it, maybe I can make a movie.
>>
>>53672290
>massquoting
>>>/b/
>>
>>53672205
see
>>53672115

>>53672290
see
>>53672081 again
>>
File: 1446183201575.jpg (25 KB, 480x494) Image search: [Google]
1446183201575.jpg
25 KB, 480x494
>>53672327
>>
File: HET.jpg (101 KB, 640x900) Image search: [Google]
HET.jpg
101 KB, 640x900
>>53672297
>>>>/b/
>>53672327
>see
>>>53672081 again

It is a mass quote because of the gravity of you two autismoids.

Maybe it contagious, I should bid you fare well before you reply again.
>>
>>53662775
When this works both ways

Honestly they are both good machines it's all pretty much if you like the OS and design specs don't matter for shit unless you like an app opening 1 second faster than the other one
>>
>>53662063
Would if it didn't cost a fortune.
>>
>>53662063

I do wonder how much closer the other phones would compare if the iphone was 1440 x 2560, or if the others were also 1080 x 1920
>>
>>53672364
I'm done.
If you don't understand what you did wrong, that's on you.

Stay cancer.

>>53672375
I apologize.

However,

Where do you think you are?

>>53672327
Shit, the "again" should be after the second quoted post.

Whatever, though.

>>53672386
> When this works both ways
It doesn't really work both ways, though.

Non-poorfag Android users don't want to use iOS because it's shit, poorfags can't afford an iPhone (that's a lie, of course - they sign contracts to get the phone, which is an excellent example of why they're poor in the first place and continue to be), and iOS users simply don't want to be anywhere near an Android phone, let alone use one. The social stigma is too great, apparently.

Either that or they don't want to get buyer's remorse by using a different phone, and attempt to make up for the cost of the phone via "bragging rights", so to speak, in an effort to not feel stupid.
>>
>>53672281
this tbqh
>>
>>53662209
Nailed It!!
>>
I'm a Macfag and I want to inform you that 'my phone is faster than yours' is the battle cry of the uninformed mouthbreathing cretin who thinks he knows something about tech.

It does not fucking matter when they RUN DIFFERENT OPERATING SYSTEMS.

FUCK OFF YOU DUMB KIDS.
>>
>>53671960
Mustangs are shit
>>
i prefer Android
i want to browse the file system without having to jailbreak
i want to download files from the internet
i want to pirate music with my phone
i don't want to deal with itunes
i would choose android for poweramp and only poweramp
i don't want iOS, so I use an android phone. it's pretty simple, fags.
>>
>>53673022
>It does not fucking matter when they RUN DIFFERENT OPERATING SYSTEMS.

The point still stands, the iPhone is faster than any Android phone.
It's a combination of hardware and software, and for the iPhone Apple designs both.

For Android phones, they use a generic OS with off the shelf hardware. Why is everybody surprised the iPhone runs iOS better than an Android phone runs Android?
>>
>>53662095
This

The iPhone 6s is a really good phone its just that its far too expensive and the OS is awful
>>
File: 1223950069801.jpg (72 KB, 476x356) Image search: [Google]
1223950069801.jpg
72 KB, 476x356
>The iPhone 6s is faster than all android phones
Partially incorrect.
My Android phone is faster because i rooted it, purged the worthless apps i don't want, substituted some core apps with better performing ones, and i don't have shit-ton of retarded apps running on my phone like you average phonefags have by over-saturate your shit with them. I simply have no use for most of it, and i certainly won't run RSS Feeds on fucking flash memory of all things.
>>
Switching from xperia z3 to iphone SE. Am I making a mistake?
>>
>>53673693

I'm switching from the M8 to SE. We're in this together brah.
>>
>>53662209
I hate Apple products because they're ugly and don't do what I want.

Why the fuck would I buy this trash if it's more expensive and does something other than desired?

The rest is spot on doe familio
>>
>>53673278
If anything it is surprising that Android can give iOS a run for its money.

And it's not because they throw more RAM at it. As others point out some devices with 2 or 3GB of RAM get better results than 4GB devices.
It more comes down to the performance tweaks manufacturers do for the devices.
>>
File: 7gIyAxS.png (310 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
7gIyAxS.png
310 KB, 450x600
>>53662063
obviously it's faster. it's locked down and purpose built. if you're okay with that and the ridiculous price tag more power to you.

I'd rather sacrifice some power for control, variety, and the ability to swap the battery and memory.

people who choose "teams" like android/iphone, amd/nvidia, intel/amd, etc, are unintelligent or butthurt. Make your purchase decisions based on what best meets your needs, not some perceived allegiance to a corporation.
>>
>>53662590
you probably also some shit people also, well shit people don't like shit phone
>>
>>53674028
Get a life you fag
>>
Why do you fucking idiots keep talking about image and price. /g/ doesn't give fuck.

The iPhone is superior in regards to hardware design. Build quality maybe better, maybe worse. It generally runs games better. It's easy for people to pick up, without any research and know that they aren't getting a piece of shit. What makes it shit is not being able to drag and drop files, the lack of files supported, not being able to download and watch videos from Skype and other messaging apps, not being able to move icons to more reachable locations.

On the other hand, Android devices, aside from Sony and Samsung devices are built like shit. Nexus devices have become shit starting after the nexus 5. Unfortunately, if you want the latest version of Android this year, you have to get a shit nexus device.

For the best experience, for people who aren't gamers, vanilla Android is the most useable
>>
>>53673517
>all that better-than-iphone power
>nothing to use it on
>but man my battery use app just screams on them 4 cores
>>
>>53675528
You need to be at least 10 to browse this board
>>
I thought about switching to apple a few times. I really only use my phone for messaging and GPS. Can you get google maps on Apple?
>>
>>53662063
Speed means nothing with a gimped, proprietary OS.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.