[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why ar e Arch users such degenerates? They actually brag about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Why ar e Arch users such degenerates? They actually brag about using an operating system less stable than wangblows. They really give Linux users a bad name.
>>
>>53661225
>less stable than Windows
Your memes and b8 have gone bad
>>
>>53661225
Who is that?
>>
>>53661338
A mass shooter
>>
They're pedophiles.
>>
>>53661338
Pretty sure it was some Female-to-Male transgender
>>
>>53661361
>>53661988
>>53661338
Its eggman!
>>
>>53661338
An attentionwhore
>>
>>53661225
People just keep using pacman -syu without reading to see if there are any changes to configuration files needed first. That's the only instability in Arch. That and the fact that they update their packages every day, which leads to a lot of really good experimental features, but the trade off is stability. This is just the inherent issue with living on "le bleeding edge."

Gentoo is really nice, but all the make flags you put can cause things not to compile right, and they don't provide a good list of makeflags one would need to make a good solid stable environment.

Debian is really stable, but lacks good modern packages most of the time. A lot of their software is completely out of date. This is really stable, but puts much of the software an entire version number out of date.

Red Hat is the most stable, and the most out of date, they aren't even on Linux 4 yet.

Ubuntu is debian with more bloat added for slowing down your cpu, and hogging all your ram.
>>
This is the reason nobody takes you linuxfags seriously, you're always infighting about which linux is more freedom than some other linux and it makes you all look retarded.
>>
>>53662748
Freedom on Linux means really shitty drivers, really shitty instabilities in the kernel, very limited software support, and very restricted functionality.

If you use your machine for internet, movies, pictures, music, and office only it is doable, but for serious software, freedom is a load of shit.
>>
>>53662818
>ignoring Linux's greatest strength which is servers/rendering
If you need serious horsepower you use Linux. The only people who can't get what they need on Linux are gamers (which is slowly changing) and the inevitable Windows users who always claim they need Adobe products and nothing else.
>>
>>53662719
>This is just the inherent issue with living on "le bleeding edge."

Not in gentoo. You can have the old, stable version AND the new stuff at once.

>Gentoo is really nice, but all the make flags you put can cause things not to compile right

They're USE flags, not make flags. And the desktop option gives you sane defaults for a stable system when you install Gentoo.
>>
Stability wise I don't even think Windows is worth talking about. The term "Windows Problem" kind of speaks for itself. Random unfixable issues followed by being told to reinstall your whole OS.

As far as GNU/Linux I've spent years on Debian and several months on Arch. I've found Arch to be much more stable.
>>
>brag
I don't brag about using Arch. It's not exactly unstable, but it's usable and less shit than anything else.

Hell, even Ubuntu is unstable. Regular upgrade on my Ubuntu machine fucked over my sound because Ubuntu decided it was going to redo everything about user-level hardware detection and left out my sound device. NICE GOING THERE UBUNTU REAL FUCKING STABLE OS YOU GOT THERE.
>>
>>53661338
>not knowing eggman
>>
>>53663192
You mean Linux's only strength is servers.

There's a reason why desktop Linux market share is 1%. It's total shit.
>>
>>53665711
Linux drivers are awful. If you used Windows, you wouldn't have that issue.
>>
Windows 10 is stable as shit, what are you going on about?
>>
File: interject.png (168 KB, 1165x1138) Image search: [Google]
interject.png
168 KB, 1165x1138
>>53661225
>>
File: manana.jpg (94 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
manana.jpg
94 KB, 1500x1500
>>53661225
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvSE7_33bXI&list=FLAkMs_w7MuDXU58cmsBfYyg
>>
File: Egg.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Egg.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>53661338
psycho "you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs" eggman
>>
>>53665964
Who?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.