[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do some of you try so hard to distance yourself from """normie"""
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: desktop_computer.png (369 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
desktop_computer.png
369 KB, 2000x2000
Why do some of you try so hard to distance yourself from """normie""" things?

Why do you act like running linux and embracing the FOSS philosophy makes you better than those who do not do either of those things?

Do you _really_ think linux/tech and a social life are mutually exclusive?
>>
>>53660920
>"""normie"""
Average is boring and ok at best. Besides, you're sampling a website largely comprised of autists and loners. Of course our opinions are going to differ from yours, my Facebook friend.
>>
I don't use GNU/Linux or embrace FLOSS to distance myself from, as you say, 'normie' things. I utilise GNU/Linux as it has a wide variety of tools that improve ones' life as a developer. I prefer FLOSS software as I believe proprietary technology slows down progress, and that software that can be audited by anyone who uses it is more reliable and trustworthy. Why would you trust a program that is closed-source, and why would you want to use a piece of software you can't fix/improve yourself if necessary?
>>
>>53660973
>Of course our opinions are going to differ from yours,
how so? Just because I don't wear my OS as a badge of superiority? I run some linux distro or another on all my machines btw

>my Facebook friend.
nice unwarranted assumptions, I don't have a facebook.
>>
>>53660920

>install distro A
>tell /g/ about distro A
>uninstall distro A
>install distro B
>tell /g/ about distro B and distro A is shit
>uninstall distro B
>repeat

This is /g/'s hobby
>>
>>53661108
Install Gobo Linux
>>
It's 2016 and you're still using the "you're only pretending to like it" meme?
>>
>>53661013
>I don't have a facebook.
too """"""normie""""" for you?
>>
Fuck off back to le,ddit you disgusting normalfag I hope you get shot
>>
I run linux for a couple of reasons, mostly just because Windows shit itself. But I don't agree with the direction that Windows is headed and although I don't have much to hide, I still want privacy in my own home, on my own machine.

I also just like to rice and make it pretty.

With all that being said, I have plenty of friends, attend parties, can interact with women, dress well, am not overweight and I know first hand there are plenty of people like me on /g/. The austistic ones you hear or see are a vocal minority.

Reee.
>>
>>53663661
>normalfags running over every single site
Well no shit
>>
>>53664117
>normalfags

I can understand your mentality, you're still going through the phase of hanging on your dank new site where no one hates each other, everyone has the angst of a teenager. Everyone is depressed and lonely.

I've been here at least 6 years now and I do a lot of stuff considered what ever the fuck the opposite of normie is. I just keep it separate from my social life. Like fapping to lolis and watching shit loads of anime. Only my good friends know about this shit.

The reply box makes this long enough to look like a rant, but anyways anon, you'll grow up sooner or later. Go find some friends, by some nice clothes and treat yourself.
>>
>>53664268
tl;dr but you sound upset
>>
*Everyone hates each other

Don't reply, let this thread die and make room for "better" ones
>>
>>53661011
>that can be audited by anyone who uses it
>implying this happens
>implying reading other people's code is not already a shunned thing among developers, let alone auditing it for correctness
>>
>>53664268
tl;Dr: I'm a complete normalfag but I do le loser stuff like you, see muh lolis that I tell to muh friends xddd, you're also a complete newfag.

It's okay to be a normalfag all you want, go have your friends, your gfs and your parties. Just don't come telling anyone incapable of living your lifestyle to just do it and jus b themselves
>>
>>53664772
why do you choose to wear your autism like a badge?

Why do you hate "normalfag" things so much?
>>
>>53664772
Hey man >>53665523 has a point. You don't need to wear your autism on your sleeve. It's fine to like non normie things but it's autistic to have that shit define you. You like Linux? Awesome. But you don't need to make that your defining trait. It's OK you're probably still in your late teens/early 20s so you'll grow out of it. Don't get so mad anon. It's a waste of time and energy.
>>
>there are people on /g/ who use their OS to define who they areas a person
>there are people on /g/ who judge others based on the OS they use
>there are people on /g/ with no hobbies other than shit posting
It's actually really sad. I feel bad for people like this guy
>>53664772
>>
>>53660920
>why do you act like running linux makes you better
I think you worry too much about what your talent-less, loser friends think.
I don't run Linux because it makes me feel better. I run it because I like control.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.