[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a tablet just laying around and id like to know what i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160320_035338.jpg (95 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160320_035338.jpg
95 KB, 480x640
I have a tablet just laying around and id like to know what i can do with it. I dont really use it because i got a pc now. I download torrents on the tablet and move them over to my pc thats about it.

What would /g/ do?
>>
Sell it.
>>
>>53658761
I got it for christmas as a gift from my dad. So i wouldnt feel right selling it. I kinda want to set it as a security camera but it only has a 16gb rom.
>>
>>53658761
>>53658781

Good, 'cause you probably wouldn't be getting much for it anyway.

The security camera idea is a totally valid idea, but you're going about it in the wrong way: My neighbor had one set up to peek through his front door so he could see who was there from his bedroom.

He had it velcro'd to it, and would pretty much just charge using one of those chargers you toss in a bag and revisit it from time to time.

Google "Android network camera", and you should come up with plenty of articles.

Depending on the size and strength of the tablet though, that might be a waste. But, since you asked; there it is.
>>
>>53658870
Maybe theres a security camera app that only records when detecting motion. I think thatd be good for my purposes but idk of an app like that
>>
>>53658608
I'd use it as a real-time display of sorts, stick it to a wall somewhere and have it for example display my todo list for each day. The touch screen is a plus because I'll be able to check things off
>>
If you want to use it as a security cam, maybe get a USB OTG adapter and a portable hard drive (drive must have it's own source of power), use the drive as storage for the recordings.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.