[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steve Jobs as I understand it was a paranoid mother fucker who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: literally cancer pepe.jpg (170 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
literally cancer pepe.jpg
170 KB, 2560x1600
Steve Jobs as I understand it was a paranoid mother fucker who would regularly buy new cars and NOT get them registered. When the trial period for his place holder tag expired he would just buy a new car. This was to avoid getting tracked buy the government, which basically makes him a very wealthy /g/entooman. Now I don't see the point in OSX when Linux is obviously the superior option because it's open source, but when it comes to closed source, what phones are better and being all around secure?

Before this scandal with Tim Cook fighting the NSA, I would have assumed it was the Blackberry since it has virtually no features except a very basic browser and texting/calling, and fewer features obviously means fewer exploits. What does /g/ have to say on the matter.
>>
> Linux is obviously the superior option because it's open source
Linux is a piece of shit.

Package managers are a mess, you either get buggy bleeding edge software or outdated stuff.
There's no good looking, polished, feature-rich desktop environment, they all suck in some way.
Doesn't work well with high resolution.
No good trackpad integration.
List could go on.
>>
>>53657320
Too bad for you that Linux dominates the world when it comes to operating systems.
>>
>>53657283

no one cares faggot
>>
File: richard-stallman-quote.jpg (513 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
richard-stallman-quote.jpg
513 KB, 960x540
>>53657283
he cheated his best friend out of money, kicked his pregnant gf out of his house, and fought against paying child support.
>>
>>53657283
Blackberry folded like a pack of cards as soon as the Indian Government asked them to hand over all of their data. But since India is Blackberry's current largest market, they couldn't risk not complying.
>>
>>53657320
>Doesn't work well with high resolution

Works on QHD+ with touch.
>>
I usually don't get drawn into threads prompted by Steve Jobs because, for or against him, these are almost always garbage threads started by shitty people, but
>When the trial period for his place holder tag expired he would just buy a new car
No. The story that you're evidently misunderstood or misheard is that he would buy a car and, not liking how license plates looked, replace the car with another new one when the grace period expired. it was a fantastic microcosm of what an impractically aesthetically single-minded person he was.
>>
>>53657335
>counting android as linux

Kek. Android is barely Linux. The stock install gives zero control over your phone. When you use non stock software, it's horribly buggy.

You may as well count Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles as Windows users.
>>
>>53657388
Pretty sure that was Germany. Could be both too.
>>
>>53657400
no one cares
>>
>>53657416
Nobody on /g/ cares. whatever retarded narrative they came up with hinges on the bullshit in their head being true, and any corrections endanger the entire house of cards.
>>
>>53657283
He also knew of his pancreatic cancer very early and tried to treat it by literally (literally literally) eating 10 apples a day to purge the "toxins" from his body.

He was mentally retarded and strung out on amphetamines. The only reason people listened to anything he ever said was because he bullied people.
>>
>>53657442
no one cares about the psychological profile of some retarded asshole who didn't have a license plate for "aesthetic reasons" and had a new car ever month to flip the bird at the man.
>>
>>53657476
>He also knew of his pancreatic cancer very early and tried to treat it by literally (literally literally) eating 10 apples a day to purge the "toxins" from his body.
[Citation needed]
>>
>>53657283
>I would have assumed it was the Blackberry since it has virtually no features except a very basic browser and texting/calling
Retard detected
>>
>>53657707
>Retard detected
Intelligent and nuance argument from a well educated poster detected.
>>
>>53657709
What's the point in giving intelligent reasons when he obviously puts no thought into things before drawing conclusions?
>>
>>53657476
If I remember correctly he was just terrified of invasive surgery.

Which is, in the spectrum of crazy, not that crazy.

If he had the money for surgery (or the insurance) but he wasn't disgustingly wealthy, then nobody would've taken his shit.

Rich people get to be crazy, even up to the point that it kills them.
>>
>>53657732
It is a well known concept in cyber security that the more pointless internet features a device has, the more security holes it has. If you don't already know this, then there's no point in arguing with you because you because you are under 18, and not allowed to browse this website yet.
We're talking about a smartphone that is used by almost all world leaders simply because of it's reputation for security.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2609465/mobile-device-management/the-real-reason-obama-can-t-swap-his-blackberry-for-an-iphone.html

And calling OP a retard who puts no thought into things because he doesn't epic "X detected memes" like smart people like you.
>>
>>53657523
/g/ is obsessed with Steve Jobs. It's been more than 4 years since he died and there are probably more threads *started about him* on /g/ than on macfag forums.
>>
>>53657769
I know this, I also know that BB10OS is capable of much more than basic phone features and a browser.
>>
>>53657523
Freetard detected.
>>
>>53657283
that quote is bullshit

I can't live every day as if it was my last one

I have to prepare for a trip tomorrow
If I was doing fun stuff today I could not go on my holiday trip tomorrow

I'm bored atm and wanted to point that out
>>
If linux is so superior to OSX, why doesn't it have any software with this specific functionality
>>
if jobs had a license plate, i bet it would be "BUTTER".
>>
>They say we should live each day as if it were our last, but that would mean spending every day in a hospital bed with tubes coming out of you, surrounded by people who want your money.
>>
>>53657283
He did that because he tough that the license plate made the car uglier.
>>
>>53657320
YOu've obviously used nothing but noobuntu. Use something real like SUSE or fedora
>>
>>53657966
yeah, you'll wake up one day 10 years from now and you'll have it all figured out without putting in any effort whatsoever
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.