[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /g/. /mu/ were autists, hope you could help. Anyone know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: Labelflash.png (188 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
Labelflash.png
188 KB, 400x402
Sup /g/. /mu/ were autists, hope you could help.
Anyone know of any good DVD-A (DVD Audio) authoring software or methods of making so?
I've suffered through "dvda-author", and am giving up hope, for all it does is tell me that the output is 0 (bytes I imagine).

Also, anyone know as to whether LabelFlash disks are still being released? Is pic related. It doesn't appear so, though may be wrong.
I intended to use it for my personal media collection, and also a component of a multimedia project, though it seems that I'll be stuck with the gloryless inkjet printing.
>>
File: adisc-printing-software-large.jpg (119 KB, 960x721) Image search: [Google]
adisc-printing-software-large.jpg
119 KB, 960x721
>dvd audio
why? it didn't really take off, you'd be better off just putting flacs/cues onto a dvd

special drive-labeling discs didn't really take off either, you can probably still get them, but they're not as cheap as plain white discs
inkjet-printed labels are also much higher contrast and support color, so they look better, too
>>
>>53656211
If you don't need meme-resolution audio, just do a DVD-V with a PCM audio track and a super low bitrate black video.
>>
>>53657438
Well, what do you know?
DVD-V does support meme-resolution audio, but only 2ch.
>>
>>53656650
I also want that reflective appearance from the disc, as I imagine this will feature.

>>53657438
Primarily for the purpose of holding CD quality audio, numerous albums, on a single disc which would feature support in actual audio players, such as vehicles, stereo systems with the support, and the like.
So I thought that DVD-A would best be suited to this as opposed to a data disc lacking the support.

Oh, I can't find these discs anywhere. Living in Australia, might I add, so Amazon and anything requiring a $30 to $40 shipping fee turns me off.
>>
>>53658828
DVD-A isn't gonna work in a car player.

It's not even supported on every DVD player.
>>
>>53656211
Wait, is there actually any difference between DVD-Audio and DVD-Video? I think it depends on the player whether it can read DVD discs and decode whatever file format are the files on it. PCM (.wav) is universal, if you're worried about playback compatibility this is probably the best choice, you can fit over 100 songs of average length on a 4.6GB DVD, if they're in PCM. The rest depends on your player device compatibility with DVD, though I doubt any car systems support DVD.

About printing the image on the discs, you don't necessarily need compatible LabelFlash/LightScribe discs, you could try using 2-sided discs, one side to print the image and the other for your files. Most DVD writers support LightScribe at least, I never tried but it should work fine with 2-sided discs as well.
>>
>>53659375
>Wait, is there actually any difference between DVD-Audio and DVD-Video?
Different standards.
DVD-Audio supports different sampling rates, different encryption, lossless encoding, etc. Basically it's more 'audio geared'. It's also a separate licence, so many players don't support it.
Disc-wise they are identical though.
>>
File: 61933.jpg (59 KB, 303x303) Image search: [Google]
61933.jpg
59 KB, 303x303
>>53659467
You want to DRM the discs with encryption or something? if not then it doesn't really matter, the sampling rate can be 48 kHz then it's up to the decoder, I think it's downsampled automatically if your output device doesn't support certain freqs.

>>53659375 (cont)
>you could try using 2-sided discs, one side to print the image and the other for your files. Most DVD writers support LightScribe at least, I never tried but it should work fine with 2-sided discs as well.

LabelTag* is the name of the method, this is what it looks like by the way, pretty neat.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.