[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know /g/ isn't a tech support forum, I can only load pleb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160323_161033.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160323_161033.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
I know /g/ isn't a tech support forum, I can only load pleb facebook and some other sites like 4chan from my router. In any case, I'm using some very old solutions to get my internet. A D-Link WBR-1310 and Linksys BEFSR41. I had everything working completely fine twice, but after some time my connection degrades and then fails completely. At the moment I have no WiFi and can't connect to either router's homepage (192.168.1.1;192.168.1.0.1) with everything plugged in.
>>
>>53649888
>I know /g/ isn't a tech support forum,
Then you shouldn't have posted this thread. Stopped reading there and reported.
>>
File: IMG_20160323_161033.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160323_161033.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>53649901
then you're more ignorant than anyone I've met, including me because I made this thread
>>
>>53649888
I don't understand why you have 2 routers.
What is your reasoning.
>>
>>>/wsr/
You utter pillock
>>
>>53650037
One does not have WiFi capabilities and there are people with phones who need it. I'm buying a new gigabit router with my tax return money
>>
>>53650006
okay, so if Dlink goes to the linksys, then were the fuck does you linksys go. You have nothing connecting to your WAN port.
>>
>>53650080
since when did 4chan get a new board? in any case thanks for the insult and the board you wanker
>>
>>53650090
then use the one that does idiot
>>
>>53650006
uplink on the far right?

shouldnt that port be the one on the far left?
>>
>>53650112
the linksys connects to the internet just fine for whatever reason
>>53650124
it does not connect to the internet for some reason when put directly with my modem
>>
First don't stack the two on top of eachother. Try the trivial fixes first like changing the channel frequency and moving them away from eachother. Also have you tried hard resetting the whole set up?
>>
>>53650171
I stacked them on top of one another to make a picture easier. I understand you all think I'm retarded but that's not the case lmfao
>>
>>53650171
yeah, I've unplugged and reset everything a few times, plugged everything in differently, read some documentation, etc
>>
File: IMG_20160323_163512.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160323_163512.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
this configuration also doesn't work, and the one I'm using with uplink going to modem is actually correct. The Linksys BEFSR41 can act like a pass through, so uplink goes to modem, WAN goes to other modem. the issue is that my WAN port is busted so I configured port 1 to work with my D-Link and set the D-Link's primary DNS to googols. that worked just fine for a few hours and then everything stopped working. I had my PC plugged into the D-Link and everything plugged into the Linksys with one cable on LAN port 3
>>
>>53650509
Ok, get ride of the linksys, just use the dlink. And see if you can get online
>>
>>53650653
alright, I've tried that and it worked once, but for whatever reason I can no longer connect to its homepage. I'll try again tho
>>
Do you have to authenticate your routers mac address with Hughes net? Also satellite Internet is your problem. Where do you live roughly and i can recommend an Internet service that works.
>>
>>53650671
Are you sure you're entering the right address? Honestly it just sounds like your old Linksys kicked the bucket.
>>
>>53650719
>Also satellite Internet is your problem
Also highly likely OP
>>
>>53650737
I have seen the internet port on routers burn out but everything else on the router works fine.
>>
>>53650719
I live in Beaverdell, BC, Canada. I use Xplornet and get 25Kb/S lmfao kill me
>>
>>53650809
>25kB/s

Holy fuck. Aren't there any half decent smartphone data plans with coverage in your area? I mean for fuck's sake even shit connections for phones get 0.5mB/s through 3g or 4g. You'd be better off just tethering you PC to the phone at this point.
>>
>>53650855
lmfao it's what I get during the day for torrents. But dude, when I used to go over my 20GB limits, they would slow me down to literally nothing. The highest speed I have ever gotten is 1MB/s
>>
>>53650888
that's depressing. I wish you luck Canada bro. And in your situation, sounds like something hardware wise is failing. Uncomplicate the situation as much as possible.

Unplug everything except the modem. Plug a computer directly into the modem. Check for proper connection. If not working, try another ethernet cable.

Keep doing this until you're out of options. I've had cheap shit modems/routers have their internet port START to die. Meaning intermittent problems. This happened in my old Belkin 802.11n dual band router. Would randomly lose all internet at 4AM but kick back on at 5AM.

Bought a Linksys WRT1200AC and everything was fine.
>>
https://www.abccommunications.com/net-link-internet-services/wireless-broadband-internet/packages-and-prices/

Im sure they are Line of sight provider like the one I work for. They say they cover your area with 5mb plan 60gb a month for 100$ a month. You might be able to use a little netflix...
>>
>>53650997
I'm paying about $104 a month for 100GB and a steady 500kB/s. To download a movie on daytime speeds takes 12 hours for reference. I'll have to give them a call
>>
>>53651061
I would deff give them a call. You will probably run into congestion issues but they should be able to give you aninternet connection that actually works. If you have a ton of 60ft trees they might not be able to make it work but if you have line of sight to a tower they will probably shoot a 2.4 canopy on a dish.
>>
>>53651144
I probably don't since there are mountains everywhere. two years ago I contacted some company about making my own tower with my dad and some of the town because he's a welder
>>
>>53651166
Well it looks like they have good coverage until about 4 -5 miles out.
>>
>>53651212
oh nice, I just don't know if they're in my area. I know that they service Rock Creek and maybe this other village type shit hole to the south of me
>>
File: asag.png (312 KB, 736x444) Image search: [Google]
asag.png
312 KB, 736x444
>>
Ookla used to think I lived in Hudson's Bay.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.