[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LINUX BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (207 KB, 978x722) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
207 KB, 978x722
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_lhqg_p21k
Linux proved to be just as vulnerable to viruses as Windows.
>>
File: Low_Quality.jpg (26 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Low_Quality.jpg
26 KB, 600x600
>>53648688
>>
>>53648688
>likes and disliked disabled
>comments disabled
oh boy I'm sure this is going to be a helpful video full of real information.
>>
>>53648688
>.exe and .dll files on Linux
fuck you for wasting my time with your shit bait
>>
>>53648688
it isnt a linux virus, it is a windows virus file just sitting there. he most likely fucked up doing something stupid in the tmp files for the software he had a problem with. most likely thing is he put a file there that replaced a valid temp file used by the program so when he tried to run the program it didnt like the bullshit data so didnt run. had he looked at a fucking log file or something he might have realised that without needing to use some shitty antivirus program to remove a binary that can even fucking run on the system.

then he talks about defrag and he says how things like his chrome cache is fragmented. no fucking shit it is! everything can get a bit fragmented. jesus this guy knows fucking nothing.
>>
>>53648688
it was a .exe binary

yea he's a fucking retard, fuck off
>>
>>53650281
>>53650384
>>53650498
>>53650550
All of what you guys are saying is true and the jewtuber is probably a fucking moron. However, the claim that there is an actually working system without viruses is fucking stupid. A virus is just a program, nothing more and nothing less. Any system that lets you install programs, lets you install viruses. A highly locked down system with only access to an app store minimized the risk of viruses significantly, but then again I wouldn't call that a working system. And even on a locked down system there is still a good chance to get some unwanted content from browser security holes or other vulnerabilities.
The times where a better user security concept was protecting you are long gone. These were like windows 95 times. In the end it's just mostly brain.exe that protects you. Anti malware tools are basically scam wear and most of the time act worse like most viruses I have ever encountered.
>>
>>53651494
who cares ? The linux have no viruses is still a valid point since you install programs using official repos, most malware are made for windows, security issues are fixed quickly, all your packages are up to date, and you the virus won't have access to the stuff on your machine due to how linux manager execution rights.
It doesn't mean you can't ever have a virus of course, everything is possible, but you have to be as stupid as the jewtuber.
>>
>>53651494
>implying the debian stable repository will ever contain anything malicious
>implying i install random shit compiled by who fucking knows like some kind of archfag

well memed my friend :^)
>>
>>53651596
I almost never install anything important from official repos, either because it's horribly outdated or because it simply isn't there. The good thing is, that I mostly use Linux in a server context and I usually only install highly popular and trusted software, directly from github or something similar.

>>53651773
using debian sources, good luck with all the know bugs that long have been fixed in newer releases.
>>
>>53651820
>implying I connect to the internet
>>
>>53648688
>As vulnerable if not even more vulnerable than windows
>0 support
>Way harder to use
>Looks like fucking shit

Why even bother with linucks?
>>
That youtuber is a typical Arch user.

>dll and exe it's a virus guys

Just what I thought, does not know a god damn thing about GNU/linux.

>BUT I INSTALLED ARCH GUYS I AM GOOD AT LOONIX
>>
>>53648688
MEMEEW MOORE BTFO
MEMEEW MOORE BTFO
MEMEEW MOORE BTFO
MEMEEW MOORE BTFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oncwnuMPQlQ

fucking retard
>>
File: Debian Cinnamon.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Debian Cinnamon.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>53651889
Just like Windows to me. If you're not totally dumb.

Rolls smooth in old hardware and with little peripherals.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.