[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you store audio files in you computer? Im seriously thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: MP3.jpg (18 KB, 190x239) Image search: [Google]
MP3.jpg
18 KB, 190x239
Do you store audio files in you computer?
Im seriously thinking about either upload all my music to google play music (or other service like that) or simply delete all this mp3's and just use spotify.

What's /g/ opinion?
>>
>>53645336
I keep all my music on an external hard drive cause I have about 100 gigs of it and friends want certain albums, songs, artist and such, it's just easier than bringing a laptop with it or whatever.
>>
>Not having a collection of Lossless FLACs
>>
Yes. Because fuck using data plan on streaming

Oh wait you never go out do you?
>>
>>53645336
I do not store any music, I switched to Youtube and Spotify

Pandora when I feel like something new since it never wants to play songs from the artist the station is supposed geared toward
>>
>>53645925
>I switched to Youtube
and for a moment I thought I was on /g/
>>
i uploaded over 20 gigs of music to google which is convenient. but i use itunes and apple music instead
>>
>>53645954
Yes I know crazy right, all it took was the auto play button and now I rank Youtube better than Pandora, it has full albums uninterrupted and lyrics, aswell as extended versions of instrumentals such as soundtracks and what not
>>
>>53646004
and a godawful audio compression system. seriously 128kbs mp > 320kbs youtube garbage (actual playback is 256 iirc, it's still shit because of the conversion though)
>>
>>53646471
Have you ever ripped music off Pandora its not better? I've gotten 64kbps mp3 off it. I'll take proper seeking/navigation and no stupid "Are you still listening" crap every day of the week.
>>
>>53645336
>M Pleb 3

current year ,not using FLAC
>>
I ripped my physical media to FLAC but I just listen to shit with spotify, or mp3 v0 rips
>>
>>53646756
>placebo bloat codec
If it's freedom you want, use opus. FLAC is a waste of time and space unless you are working with the audio. There's no reason to use flac for listening
>>
>>53645336
>spotify.
depends on your taste op if you like pleb shit it should have you covered if you like more niche shit spotify is garbage
>>
>>53647363
Like?
>inb4 amine "music"
It doesn't have everything, but if you can't find anything to listen in their enormous library you are the true plebian
>>
I just use what.cd as my library. Why sotre anything at all.
>>
>>53647739
doesn't even have jap noise
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.