[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wireshark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot (3).png (149 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (3).png
149 KB, 1920x1080
So I left Wireshark running for 20 hours on a fresh Windows 10 Pro install, with as much of telemetry stuff disabled as I could, and I have no idea how to make sense of it. I was curious to see if Win10 would still attempt to upload anything fishy.

There was a total of 71736 packets captured, totaling something like 4.5MB. I should filter source to be my computers IP address, because otherwise it seems like a lot of crap, right?
>>
Google the name of the protocols being used, inspect the packets yourself, and fuck off. It's not hard, normie

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53644881
That could be said literally about any thread on this board and is not useful in the least.
>>
>>53645017
It's a bit hard to teach you if you don't know network fundamentals and some protocols.

A lot of it will be NBT, SSDP, IGMP and other Multicast and Broadcast protocols.
Filter off all LAN traffic, including all above mentioned protocols, and you might get a better picture of the traffic being sent out.
>>
>>53645663
Yeah, I've been watching videos on youtube and I'm starting to get some grasp on it. There are a few connections to ctldl.windowsupdate.com and SpyNet, despite me having disabled, so I suppose that confirms it.
>>
>>53644881
>normie
>>>/b/
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.