[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit I am so annoyed right now. >decide to install debian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1423527092469.jpg (44 KB, 561x265) Image search: [Google]
1423527092469.jpg
44 KB, 561x265
Holy shit I am so annoyed right now.
>decide to install debian on an old pc since /g/ reccomended it
>install goes fine
>boot into it, screen is locked at 1280x768
>great
>look around for any help on the internet
>mostly all I can find is 6 year old posts on obscure forums
>eventually find the long-ass command to get ati drivers
>not found in repository
>look that up, turns out I have to add non-free sources to file
>try to do that, the default text editor doesn't let me even in root
>can't install a text editor that allows me to do this since my package manager is all fucked up
>still locked at disgusting non-native resolution
>its just an infinite cycle of pain
How do you even use this piece of shit distro?
>>
File: 1457572624073.jpg (59 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1457572624073.jpg
59 KB, 633x758
>>53643044
>he fell for the linux meme
>>
>>53643044
>he can't even use the shell
>>
Lmao you should probably go back to windows or Mac.

When we're telling you to install Gentoo or any Linux meme, we actually mean you, the owner of your computer, should have the freedom to choose how your system behaves, not how some corporations want your computer to look and behave like. And that means you're going take some time configuring shit for the sake of your own freedom. GNU/Linux has worked for so many of us so it could eventually work on yours too. If you don't like the idea, feel free to go back to your initial system.

With love,
A freetard.
>>
>decide to learn how to do X
>X is not as easy as I thought
>can't do X
>it's not my fault, it's X's fault for not being easy
>>
>>53643044
>How do you use this piece of shit distro?

I install Debian minimal and run a Bash script I wrote to install everything I want and configure it. Then pull graphics drivers if I need to.

>implying you just aren't retarded and should go back to Windows10™
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.