[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>simple instalation >everything just works fine on my T61p
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: lubuntu.png (207 KB, 1528x951) Image search: [Google]
lubuntu.png
207 KB, 1528x951
>simple instalation
>everything just works fine on my T61p

feels good, now i can be a productive person and forget about that shitty arch meme

[spoiler]also, i need improve my english writing[/spoiler]
>>
>>53642059
Looks cute. Nice Gnome.
>>
>>53642095
>gnome
>>
>lubuntu
it's a broken turd, you fucked up

it's okay though, xubuntu is just as simple to install
>>
Because typing "pacman -S lxde" in your terminal emulator wouldn't make you as productive, right.
>>
>>53642109

what you think about fedora with xfce? is easier as lubuntu?
>>
there is literally nothing wrong with lxde
>>
>>53642179
>the file manager dosent mounting my usb drive and my smartphone storage automatically, had to go to wiki to solve this
>wifi only works if i go to terminal and type 'sudo wifi-menu wls3' and choose my network, maybe on wiki they had a way to connect automatically and using gui, but i dont have time to do that
>shitty font redenring if you dont spend hours on wiki

et cetera
>>
>>53642109
what's broken about lubuntu?
XFCE has a lot of broken shit right out of the gate, especially compositing
>>
>>53642059
Can you poo in the loo?
>>
>>53642369
>the file manager dosent mounting my usb drive and my smartphone storage automatically, had to go to wiki to solve this

Google is not your friend. Manual is. Manual loves you and hopes to see you soon.

>wifi only works if i go to terminal and type 'sudo wifi-menu wls3' and choose my network, maybe on wiki they had a way to connect automatically and using gui, but i dont have time to do that

That's a driver problem, I never had a problem like this with Archlinux (probably because I bought my laptop for its high compatibility with Linux).

Anyway, you shouldn't make a thread about Archlinux if the problem is your drivers.

>shitty font redenring if you dont spend hours on wiki

Archlinux doesn't come with official flavours and gives you a pure DE experience, so you'd better complain about your DE, wouldn't you ?

Your problems are obviously connected to Archlinux, but its developers can't be held responsible for these.
>>
>>53642369
Well, I see you solved first one fairly easy.
Wifi is mentioned in installation guide. What you had to do is take a look at the name of profile at /etc/netctl and type "netctl enable name-of-profile && reboot".
Font rendering is pasting one-liners from Infinality wiki page. In return you'll get best font rendering possible on PC.
>>
>>53642369
use Antergos. It's arch without the autism.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.