[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ADD RAM ON TABLET
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6
File: tab-386-hd-3g.jpg (94 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
tab-386-hd-3g.jpg
94 KB, 520x520
Just got a shitty low end tablet for free, that you can see in pic related.
I only want to use it for school, so it's not a big deal if it's not very powerful. But, the problem is, it only has 512mb of RAM, so everytime I try to open multiple tasks (over even launching Chrome) it gets sluggish and it's problematic to keep using it.

I've already installed Hola Launcher and it actually got way better, but now I was thinking to expand the RAM through SD Card and using Swapper, reaching at least 1GB.
Would it be useful? Or would it somehow affect the performance even more? Do you think that in my case it would improve the overall functioning?

Also, is it out of question to upgrade the RAM directly via hardware? I mean,
disassembling the whole tablet and changing the RAM module. Are there some websites where I can buy specific hardware parts from? Or would it be too complicated and not worth it?
>>
I also want to know if the RAM is soldered directly to the main module, and if is it possible to un-solder it without causing too much damage.
>>
File: tumblr_nequzmMCzv1tg80nao1_400.jpg (94 KB, 400x468) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nequzmMCzv1tg80nao1_400.jpg
94 KB, 400x468
>>53640482
I like my sister.
>>
File: 1452671575648.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1452671575648.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
>>53640482
You do realize that hardware components of mobile devices are soldered to the main PCB due to overall size reduction of the device?

Without hot air and general soldering skills on at least moderate to fairly good level don't even try or you will fuck everything up seeing as you don't even know how shit is made inside the device.

Not to mention good software and electrinics skills are mandatory if you have to program this shit again. Being a chinese is a plus too as they have no patent issues and you can get a programmer there much easier.

That is if the scenario is good case, because in worst case you will have to program the shit out of the bios all over and walk in the dark blindly.
>>
only way is to download more ram

but no seriously, you think some cheap fuck tablet will let you upgrade anything in it, besides maybe sd card? get the fuck out
>>
File: 1449326670678.jpg (31 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1449326670678.jpg
31 KB, 403x403
>>53640546
For more information see the recent chinese apple iphone hack for emmc storage, not only you have to resolder the chip, you also have to have it cracked on software level because of various sum checks and shit which will stop you from even booting the device.
>>
>>53640482
See Google Play store for "RAM app". It gives you more ram on the go.
>>
>>53640546
I actually do realize, I've asked just to be sure, I'm not just used to tablets at all.
However, my soldering skills are pretty good, but I can't say the same for the software skills.

Just tell me if the RAM upgrade via SD card would be helpful, in your opinion.
>>
Won't work because of signed bios, it will fail the checksum and won't post.
>>
File: 1452669015592.jpg (88 KB, 640x735) Image search: [Google]
1452669015592.jpg
88 KB, 640x735
>>53640595
The speed of SD will kill the purpose. Even if you decide to fuck it and try anyway, the components and your time put into this project and research is not worth the cheap tablet you are trying to mod and you have no idea if it's even worth your time due to checksum validation. Get a better one as low end devices with more ram are dirt cheap.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.